Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

Server News:

* Operation Prince of Persia is back online - starting tonight around 1900 zulu:

- All ground units can be moved or driven around, even if it's the units holding a particular airbase.

- 2 x cmdr slots have been added for each side.

- 2 x Su-25T's have been added with certain limitations.

- 2 x AV-8B's have been added with certain limitations.

- The Blue FARP has been moved 45 km due northeast. This should help Blue helicopters save some time to get to their LZ's.

- MiG-29A's and M-2000C's are no more.

- No real sling loading for Mi-8's and UH-1's. CTLD only.

* Operation When The Mountains Cry is offline.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

GVad;4457296']Are we going to get a Syria mission soon?

"Soon"?! Don't you think it's impossible since they haven't released it yet? Once they do, I'll start working on one. Unless I'm missing something here.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Tonight was fun! Glad I could join the server for a few flights with actual teamwork going on, I really needed this. Thanks to all who were there!

EDIT: The sight of almost the entire red team chasing (and being outrun by) a single Viggen must've been priceless...

DCS module wishlist: F-104S ASA-M Starfighter / F-111F Aardvark / F-4E Phantom II / J 35F2 Draken / J-7M AirGuard / Kfir C.2 / MiG-17F / MiG-21 Bison / Mirage F1 / Su-17M4 / Su-24M / Yak-9U

When the Hind drops will it have some CTLD functionality or will it be used in the gunship role?

Gunship role. When sometime in the far future the infantries in DCS start behaving better and become reliable the Mi-24 will carry some troops.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

GVad;4457296']Are we going to get a Syria mission soon?

I'm expecting that there will be more than one Syria mission :) I know that Alpen is excited for this map and so are many other users. It's good that it's coming finally.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

Any chance for a quick n dirty Syria map on CW tonight? Don’t beat me :D

Win 10 Pro | Trustmaster Warthog | MFG Rudders | VivePro Wireless Gear Lens modded | 1080ti OC Asus | 32 GB DD4 RAM | i7 9700 | Razer Chroma Orbweaver Keypad | Corsair KB | Derek Switchbox | USB Keypad | Logitech 502 | Jetseat with SimShaker Software | TrackIR5 | Autotkey | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs | Monstertech Mounts | Saitek Throttle Quadrant

Any chance for a quick n dirty Syria map on CW tonight? Don’t beat me :D

That's the plan if only they'd release the update already. I'm constantly trying to update my game and still nothing so far...

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

F5 brother :)

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /

That's the plan if only they'd release the update already. I'm constantly trying to update my game and still nothing so far...

Nice Alpenwolf! You da man!

2h 20min from now should be max.

Cream topping would be a Mi24 Guerilla-Release

Win 10 Pro | Trustmaster Warthog | MFG Rudders | VivePro Wireless Gear Lens modded | 1080ti OC Asus | 32 GB DD4 RAM | i7 9700 | Razer Chroma Orbweaver Keypad | Corsair KB | Derek Switchbox | USB Keypad | Logitech 502 | Jetseat with SimShaker Software | TrackIR5 | Autotkey | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs | Monstertech Mounts | Saitek Throttle Quadrant

I had all day and was happy to be able to design a mission right away for the Syria map. Still nothing... And now it's family time for the next 3-4 hours... No Syria mission tonight, I'm afraid. Can't promise that any more.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

I had all day and was happy to be able to design a mission right away for the Syria map. Still nothing... And now it's family time for the next 3-4 hours... No Syria mission tonight, I'm afraid. Can't promise that any more.

No worries. Family first. For tonight even air quake is good enough and real importance comes with the release.... of well :D

At least patch is here :)

I am glad to hear you prioritise family time over DCS time, this is the way it should be :)

Ryzen 5800x@5Ghz | 96gb DDR4 3200Mhz | Asus Rx6800xt TUF OC | 500Gb OS SSD + 1TB Gaming SSD | Asus VG27AQ | Trackhat clip | VPC WarBRD base | Thrustmaster stick and throttle (Deltasim minijoystick mod).

F14 | F16 | AJS37 | F5 | Av8b | FC3 | Mig21 | FW190D9 | Huey

Been playing DCS from Flanker 2.0 to present 😄

Early(ish) heaters for the 4th gens are fine IMO - just maybe limit the number available in warehousing. The R-73 is definitely too much, but since the 29 can carry R-60Ms and the MiG-23 carried R-60s as standard, that should improve things a bit. Still very capable missiles, but much shorter range, less insane turns, and easily distracted by flares. I haven't had much time to test out the F-14's earlier Sidewinders yet, I'll have to check that out later. The problem then becomes stopping the MiG-21s from trying to 'borrow' the R-60 supply.

It's a shame we can't disable the Shchel-3UM (not least because ED did it wrong, it should be a monocle like the Ka-50 and not some gamey HMD overlay) - it would definitely help lessen the 29's dominance in close range fights. The reaction time that thing gives you is insane.

Server News:

*** Already working on a NEW and the first mission for Syria and the Holy Land ***

- The warehouses in all missions have been fixed after today's update.

- The server and SRS have been updated to the latest update.

- The server will go online shortly. Open Range will be on.

Operation Battle Over Sukhumi Unleashed:

- F-14B's replace the M-2000C's.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Desktop_Screenshot_2020.08.19_-_21.48.01.48_2.png

Desktop_Screenshot_2020.08.19_-_22.05.36.07_2.png

Desktop_Screenshot_2020.08.19_-_22.07.57.24_2.png

Desktop_Screenshot_2020.08.19_-_22.09.11.48_2.png

Some preparation flight on the Syria Map yesterday with Nellus ,conclusion : an amazing map, particularly for the helicopter and combined arms operations, lot of valley that are going to be the playground for some amazing dogfights and tank battles, protected Sam sites, lot of airfields with some protected shelters ( can we have the autorisation to bomb them Plz :-) ) really nice highways (roadbase here we come ) a lot of strategic objectives as warehouse, harbors, ammunition depot....

A lot of fun in perspective and the best Map in DCS by far

Edited by Pathfinder_50

[DEVILS]

Having tested it in VR I'd recommend start with lighter mission to take into account WIP state of the map. I've had some noticeable performance issues in Damascus area.

Having tested it in VR I'd recommend start with lighter mission to take into account WIP state of the map. I've had some noticeable performance issues in Damascus area.

I have to agree with Hiromachi here. The frames can drop significantly around damascus, and probably some other large towns. Middle of the desert fighting would probably be more friendly to our frames, and the civvies in damascus :thumbup:

Modules:

F-14, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, M-2000C, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B N/A, MiG-29, Su-33, MiG-21 Bis, F-5E, P-51D, Ka-50, Mi-8, Sa 342, UH-1H, Combined Arms

Maps and others:

Persian Gulf, Syria, Normandy, WWII Assets, NS 430 + Mi-8 NS 430

..and the civvies in damascus :thumbup:
:lol:

Helicopters are going to have a blast on this map with all the valleys, but please can we add on some of those 5 density rainclouds just to get rid of the unrealistic bright dust clouds.

DEVILS - COLD WAR AVIATORS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think it would be a good map to start integrate more variety of grounds units, like the merkava or the Russian heavy rocket launcher (forgot the name), Sa-8 codename gecko, Sa-9 gaskin, Roland SAM launcher , leopard, LAV, VAB, challenger, bmp1, bmp3, t80, TOW humvee , leclerc , zsu-23 truck and static zsu23

And the Rapier, to bring the blue size to the same mid range Sam capabilities as the red side with the sa9 if you add it

Can’t wait for the new FARP models that are coming with the Kiowa

Edited by Pathfinder_50

[DEVILS]

Most typical 1973 like combat would center around Golant heights. So BLUE gets to fly from Israel and RED gets Khalkalah AB, Mezzeh and Marj. It's not a large area but if we account for Lebanon than you can avoid combat around Damascus. Even though RED will have to cope with that on startup and takeoff :(

A NEW MISSION HAS ARRIVED!!!

Operation: Kiryat Shmona

* The mission takes place in the NEW Syria map!

* The mission lasts for 8 hours.

* AWACS available. You can deploy EWR's for a clearer picture.

* The mission is similar to operation Fight Island - Capture and hold the airbase of Kiryat Shmona!

* Expect more details and features added to the mission in the future. It's still a work in progress. Just like the map :smilewink:

* The mission is currently online!

vWBG8na.png

Situation:

RED airbases: Beirut, Rayak, Mezzeh and FARP Yunga

BLUE airbases: Haifa, Ramat David, Megiddo and FARP Rome

The Red forces are advancing south to capture and hold the enemy's airbase of Kiryat Shmona close to the borderline.

Each coalition has ground units on the ground already and can delpoy more to hold the airbase.

Red Objective:

Capture and hold the airbase of Kiryat Shmona. The enemy's ground units are 3-5 km south of the airbase. Our ground units are 5-7 km north of it.

AWACS-21: 124 MHz - Channel 0 for MiG-21's and L-39's. Channel 2 for MiG-19's.

AWACS-15: 4.95 MHz - tuned by default.

Yunga FARP: 127.5 MHz

************************************************************************************

Blue Objective:

Defend the airbase of Kiryat Shmona! We have ground units just south of the airbase and the enemy has his 3-4 miles north of it.

AWACS: 251 MHz

Rome FARP: 130 MHz and 256.5 MHz

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments