[DUPLICATE] High shadow Low FPS in Hornet,normal FPS in other aircraft!

NineGravity

at the first time,i just thought my PC is enough for high shadow setting,but i Realize that i can use high shadow on every module i have!

for example:Hornet high shadow with 7 or 15 FPS,and the same place,i have got 50 even 70 FPS in Harrier,and i did lots of test,so it is absolutely not my PC issue!:mad:

and i want to fly Hornet,i must turn shadow OFF,not even flat!

at the first time,i just thought my PC is enough for high shadow setting,but i Realize that i can use high shadow on every module i have!

for example:Hornet high shadow with 7 or 15 FPS,and the same place,i have got 50 even 70 FPS in Harrier,and i did lots of test,so it is absolutely not my PC issue!:mad:

been observing Hornet performance closely... update 2.5.2.18144 seemed to increase cpu utilization on the primary core... I expect that there are tons of optimizations to be done...

Ryzen R7 1800x|EVGA FTW3 1080Ti|32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum@2666mhz|Samsung 750 EVO|LG 4k 50" Main Display|ASUS PB278Q Reference Display|

been observing Hornet performance closely... update 2.5.2.18144 seemed to increase cpu utilization on the primary core... I expect that there are tons of optimizations to be done...

Well,I didn’t pay attention to the details,but glad to know I am not the only one had this issue.

Performance is fine at my end always 60+ fps

BUT ....when taxiing with the hornet i get a weird hitching when looking at the ground, its hard to describe . This happens exclusively with the hornet and i can fix it by turning shadows to off........:music_whistling: i leave the hornet by now it has too much quirks right now.

I’ve noticed that when I’m in the hornet my fps are 7-25 and stutters. When I’m in any other dircraft I’m back to 60+ FPS and smooth.

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

I dont think the Hornet has its LOD's yet, so the shadow is calculated from a high LOD, which is expensive. Can see it on the ground, looking at the shadow. It has all the details, even wires running from the pilots mask.

And I have the same. A substantial fps drop with shadows on in the Hornet.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

• 2 months later...

Has there been any movement on this front, or is it on the back burner??? I still see the same thing today as was noted here in June. Extremely high detail shadows in F-18 no matter what the settings are in the UI.. Could we get a follow up?

System Specs: System Specs: MSI Tomahawk Z590 wifi, I9 11900K Processor, 64gb Corsair Vengance 3600mhz ram, 3080 Nvidia Video Card, Windows 11 Pro, 2 Samsung NVMe SSD (2tb and 1 tb), Valve Index VR system

I’m wondering myself as well if there’s been any additional tests with this. I have noticed in both, the PG, and the Nevada maps, changing the shadow settings have no affect on the shadows rendering on the ground for the F-18. It does change in the pit, but not on the ground. The shadows default to high. I think this is a major cause of frame rate hit in both of these maps. Try this: set a mission time in early morning or close to sunset, then set the time at noon, where the sun is up high, and notice the frame rates. I’ve seen a drastic frame rate improvement when I can’t see the shadow of the jet on the ground. I think if we fix that, our frame rates in VR will be greatly improved.

Bones

Bump...

I am amazed. This thread has been going since June without a single ED mod/tester response, within the Bugs and Problems section, that I saw. I have even PM'd Nineline to ask him to look at it. Why doesn't this deserve a response like any other problem/issue?????

System Specs: System Specs: MSI Tomahawk Z590 wifi, I9 11900K Processor, 64gb Corsair Vengance 3600mhz ram, 3080 Nvidia Video Card, Windows 11 Pro, 2 Samsung NVMe SSD (2tb and 1 tb), Valve Index VR system

Bump...

I am amazed. This thread has been going since June without a single ED mod/tester response, within the Bugs and Problems section, that I saw. I have even PM'd Nineline to ask him to look at it. Why doesn't this deserve a response like any other problem/issue?????

Word. I'm wondering if the devs even noticed this problem yet?!

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.

• ED Team

Its been known since almost release that the Hornet model is not fully optimized, its part of development. It had been reported almost right away, please use your search function, as well, when making reports, please supply ALL info, we cant diagnost issues based on "It doesnt work like I expect, and its not my fault".

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png