Drag issue

jejsus

I have a problem keeping speed low on refueling missions. Idling in level flight at 238kn with flaps on cruise or auto I'm picking up speed and consequently overtaking the carier. Also at higher speeds like 400ias airbrake does almost nothing compared to before. So only solution for me now is to have flaps full and it shouldn't be done that way, refueling is done on cruise. I also deleted harrier from installation and repaired with no change on this. I also checked my joystick to be properly calibrated and it is. Strange to me that there's nothing on this yet :huh:

I have a problem keeping speed low on refueling missions. Idling in level flight at 238kn with flaps on cruise or auto I'm picking up speed and consequently overtaking the carier. Also at higher speeds like 400ias airbrake does almost nothing compared to before. So only solution for me now is to have flaps full and it shouldn't be done that way, refueling is done on cruise. I also deleted harrier from installation and repaired with no change on this. I also checked my joystick to be properly calibrated and it is. Strange to me that there's nothing on this yet :huh:

Is this on the new release update? I haven’t had an issue up to this point in the open beta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't have the issue in Open Beta when trimmed for 8° AoA but haven't tested during AAR or flying lower AoA's

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

238kt in a clean Harrier is pretty much the throttle-at-idle speed, in my experience. I can make it work with the airbrake out and very cautious use of the throttle, though.

I don't know what speed the manuals recommend for AAR, but I suspect it's faster than the default tanker speed.

Black Shark, Harrier, and Hornet pilot

Many Words - Serial Fiction | Ka-50 Employment Guide | Ka-50 Avionics Cheat Sheet | Multiplayer Shooting Range Mission

The Pegasus is an *extremely* powerful engine. From reading various accounts, not getting surprised by the power and acceleration of it takes getting used to. The manual ( NATOPS ) also states that if at idle, a high taxi speed is attained, using the nozzles to slow down is useful. So with a light load, the added airflow of flight speed and at the slow speeds of the C130, the harrier being touchy on the power doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

Personally I've never had major issues with the power during refuels in the harrier specifically. Running the C130 at 270 ish indicated at 8000 is fine enough for both airframes, but it's true that having a C-135FR or KC-135BDA would be more comfortable.

Haven’t had this problem myself. Have you checked your throttle axis calibration to ensure that throttle all the way back really is at idle? Just a thought. I’m normally refuelling around 218kts on the practice mission I set up, Flaps Off, zero nozzle.