Nation inventory database update

Essah

ED has been adding lots of "new" countries since DCS was initially released however all of these newer added countries does not have the appropriate equipment, vehicles, ships and aircraft available. For example Polish F-16 and MiG-29, UAE Mirages and F-16's, Saudi F-15,

Slovak MiG-29, Greek Hazard Perry destroyers etc.

This seems like it would be a relatively minor task to look up military inventory and add the units currently existing in DCS to the appropriate countries.

+1 This is quite frustrating when designing missions.

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

+1. I think the whole AI inventory / skin system needs a reboot or refresh at least. There are so many things that would be simple fixes in a databse first of all. Also, there are such great community developers and Skinner's that it's hard to fathom ED not incorporating some of that work into the base game. If you want to argue that it's not the same quality, please look at the potato models of the S3, C17, etc that are carry overs from a game 20 years ago.

...There are so many things that would be simple fixes in a databse first of all. Also, there are such great community developers and Skinner's that it's hard to fathom ED not incorporating some of that work into the base game.

1: "Easy fix" can be still be a need of a lot of hours to fix it, so there might be reasons why they save those fixes for later, larger overhauls.

2: ED continually adds skins/liveries made by the community. Just look at all the Iranian skins - most are from community skinners...

I think they should remove whole that national system and make all equipment available to all sides (red, blue and white).

Nationality would stay as a livery.

IMO, that would be a bad idea, if implemented alone.

I'd suggest, in addendum to that idea, to add some kind of filters.

One to limit the equipment available to what the nation had/has available, and one filter that limits the equipment available according to date/era.

Then I'd agreeing with the proposal =)

//Jarl

I wonder if we will be able to assign coalitions to cows

You can't assign a cow to a country :doh: Cows are not a unit, they are intended to be used as a munition. SoonTM we'll be to load them up on the loadout screen.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all