[FIXED with HOTFIX 3] 2.5.3 openbeta crash(Nevada and Persian gulf)

Sonoda Umi

Not crashing but closing

Same here.

Single Player, Persian Gulf. As soon as I start loading a mission I built for this map, DCS will close. It does not crash though. Closes like normal when Exit button is clicked.

Log attached.

Gierasimov.txt.txt

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this a 100% failure rate within the community? Anyone running the latest update with hornet in PG / Nevada without any problems?

At least on my end all maps work like intended with the FA18 Free Flight, just tested it.

Hope you guys sort it out quickly :thumbup:

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

• ED Team

Guys who has this crash, please try to make extended log:

add following string:

log.set_output("dcs", "", log.ALL, log.FULL)

to your file (create file if it not exists):

c:\Users\%USERNAME%\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\autoexec.cfg

and attach this log here

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

• ED Team

Did you get crash?

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

PG CTD / Caucasus Good (Exit normally)

Sure enough those files are missing from the C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Config\Input\UiLayer\ folders:

2018-08-31 11:38:40.809 DEBUG LuaGUI: can't open './Config/Input/UiLayer/keyboard/Keyboard.lua'

2018-08-31 11:38:40.810 DEBUG LuaGUI: can't open './Config/Input/UiLayer/joystick/Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.lua'

2018-08-31 11:38:40.811 DEBUG LuaGUI: can't open './Config/Input/UiLayer/joystick/F16 MFD 1.lua'

2018-08-31 11:38:40.812 DEBUG LuaGUI: can't open './Config/Input/UiLayer/joystick/F16 MFD 2.lua'

2018-08-31 11:38:40.813 DEBUG LuaGUI: can't open './Config/Input/UiLayer/joystick/Joystick - HOTAS Warthog.lua'

2018-08-31 11:38:40.813 DEBUG LuaGUI: can't open './Config/Input/UiLayer/joystick/Throttle - HOTAS Warthog.lua'

CaucasusMapInstantActionGooddcs.log.txt

PGMapInstantActionBad.dcs.log.txt

Edited by bradleyjs

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

Guys who has this crash, please try to make extended log ...

Greetings -- crashing on PG no matter what since the last OB update, e.g. creating a new mission in the ME -> crash to desktop on empty loading bar (which sometimes shows for a brief moment); extended log attached; using Windows 10 Enterprise.

dcs.log.rar

So......

It was mentioned that the PG Config file (crypt) might have something to do with the crashes.

1) deleted the file, tried to open ME - This tried to open but never finishes, and doesn’t crash

2) copied working copy from another MP server - same as above

3) deleted the file, ran repair - opened ME ok. Ran mission file ok

4) closed dcs, and re-opened.... PG again crashes

5) deleted file, ran repair - crashes instantly.

So deleting the file once will enable PG to work, and as long as Dcs isn’t closed, will continue to do so.

-Risky ; Wildcats

Specs: AMD 3900X, Aorus Elite X570, 48GB, MSI 1080Ti, PCIe SSD, X56, Valve Index

Crap, it really sounds like you were on to something.. I'm guessing we'll have to wait for a hotfix at some point.

I'm currently downloading the Release version to compare files and such...

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

Hope this is right

No crash for me..but no Nevada or Normandy..but PG is working.

Dude, with all due respect, your problem has nothing to do with the crash, its not even in the correct "Bugs and Problems" section, so please stop posting here and create a new post in the correct place in this forum.

This thread its for people having a crash with nevada and PG, and you adding to the conversation creates confusion to people working on finding the issue.

Thanks

A.K.A. Timon -117th- in game

I’m also guessing this file is also a “phone home” file for when you authenticate.

Again a guess.

If I delete the file again tomorrow, I’ll see what happens.

But sooo many variables

-Risky ; Wildcats

Specs: AMD 3900X, Aorus Elite X570, 48GB, MSI 1080Ti, PCIe SSD, X56, Valve Index

With extended log this time

Same here.

Single Player, Persian Gulf. As soon as I start loading a mission I built for this map, DCS will close. It does not crash though. Closes like normal when Exit button is clicked.

Log attached.

I checked with my friend and all seems to be fine with his openbeta 2.5.3.x. One thing we noted is that he has got SSAA option either OFF or x1.5 whereas when I checked my SSAA option is set to OFF and no other choice is present. Not sure if that matters anyway attached the extended log.

dcslog.txt

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

The Open Beta Hotfix update to version 2.5.3.21107 was just posted to the DCS World 2.5 Changelog and Updates of Open Beta 30 minutes ago at the time of this post. However, every time I go to update my DCS open beta, it keeps saying that version 2.5.3.21016 is up to date. Does it usually take some time after the Devs post the new changelog for users to be able to access the update?

Is this a 100% failure rate within the community? Anyone running the latest update with hornet in PG / Nevada without any problems?

Yeah I"m running it no Propblemo

Targs,

GTX 1080ti, Asus Hero XI, Intel 9900KF @4.2MHz, 32g DDR4@3200Mhz, 4x 1Tb SSD 1x 400g m.2mvme(boot), 28" Samsung 4k, Saitek X-56 Throttle/Warthog Stick and Saitek Pro Flight Pedals.

Moduls

All of the NATO jets, and all the choppers..

DEDi MP [62AW] The Blackbirds Brisbane

I don't have it either - here on the USA East coast.. I'll just be patient.

According to the release notes, it really doesn't address the PG/NTTR map CTD.. hmm.

I don't have it either - here on the USA East coast.. I'll just be patient.

According to the release notes, it really doesn't address the PG/NTTR map CTD.. hmm.

Ditto. I'm showing the updated changelog as of 11:59am EDT. I'm hoping the ME notes in the post have to do with the problem we've been dealing with.

I also have the same issue. Last night I tried renaming the MissionEditor folder, was able to get into a PG freeflight mission, however on a second and multiple other tries, is no longer letting me on PG. Empty loading bar.

I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling PG, no results.

However, DCS is not crashing for me. I do not crash to desktop. I just simply can not load into the map. I have to close it myself after minutes of it showing an empty loading bar (I let it think for about 10 min). I do not own NTTR, only PG and Caucasus.

Also on one attempt, I got an error message saying Terrain Initialization failed (or similar message)

Caucasus works just fine for me. Never had an issue until this new OB update.

Edited by SilverzRayleigh

The Open Beta Hotfix update to version 2.5.3.21107 was just posted to the DCS World 2.5 Changelog and Updates of Open Beta 30 minutes ago at the time of this post. However, every time I go to update my DCS open beta, it keeps saying that version 2.5.3.21016 is up to date. Does it usually take some time after the Devs post the new changelog for users to be able to access the update?

Same here I just tried to update my Second Machine...IE.. server... nothing doing with the update

Targs,

GTX 1080ti, Asus Hero XI, Intel 9900KF @4.2MHz, 32g DDR4@3200Mhz, 4x 1Tb SSD 1x 400g m.2mvme(boot), 28" Samsung 4k, Saitek X-56 Throttle/Warthog Stick and Saitek Pro Flight Pedals.

Moduls

All of the NATO jets, and all the choppers..

DEDi MP [62AW] The Blackbirds Brisbane

Heya, after Hotfix, same ! F/A-18 > PG > CTD !! grrrr............

CU you in the * AIR *  ^AirWolf

PC > BE QUIIET Power 1000 W ATX 3.0 * ROG STRIX Z690-F * i7-12700 KF * DDR5-6000 64 GB * M.2 980 EVO PRO 2 TB * RX 7900 XTX 24 MB XFX MERC 310 BLACK EDITION  *