2 solutions for stutters issues!

Damcopter

Hello guys,

I have no more stutters thanks to the following tricks:

1- in nvidia control panel (or nvidia inspector) change the max pre-rendered frames to 4.

2- install the shaders mod for VR (you can easily find it on this forum). It works great even in non-vr .

The link for the mod: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=215373

I have a I7 8700k/32 GO Ram/ GTX 1080 Ti

Even with a high end pc, you can have stutters....

I found the trick about the max pre rendered frames on an other forum about insurgency sandstorm and for me it works great also on DCS. No more stutters.

With the shader mod for VR, I am now able to put all options on High/ultra with 1,5 SSAA on a 1080p screen and with constant 60fps. DCS is now very very smooth.

Conclusion for my rig:

First trick = no more stutters

Second trick = I am now able to run DCS with max options.

I think you can try it independantly.

I hope that it will help some people.

Sorry for my english...

Dam

That is hard to believe that 4 prerendered frames don't induce input lag. By definition you are 3 frames behind, always. The less frames you have the longer this timespan will be.

With your rig, there should be no stutter even at high or extreme settings, mine doesnt apart from the 60Hz TiR bug that haunts us. But no, no stutter, no hiccups, fluent like a river here.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Yes it's weird to have stutters with my rig. I only have some stutters when looking at 3 or 9 o'clock and coming back quickly at 12. (Perhaps a TIR issue but with 4 pre rendered frames it disappears. ) and yes I have no input lag, my bombs are on the target in CCIP, the aircrafts and helos are still nice flyable.

My brother in arms !!! Thought I am the only one that does the 45 to 90 degree panning all day long. I even have the same System. It's just so frustrating seeing the going by terrain hick up all the time.

Know what ? Its gone since today and no clue why.

Seems to me after an update we just have to play sometime and the game is going to heal itself.

which NV driver do you use ?

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

My brother in arms !!! Thought I am the only one that does the 45 to 90 degree panning all day long. I even have the same System. It's just so frustrating seeing the going by terrain hick up all the time.

Know what ? Its gone since today and no clue why.

Seems to me after an update we just have to play sometime and the game is going to heal itself.

Try with mirrors off (if they are on).

On my machine even when my fps are locked with V-sync using mirrors will cause a stutter, most noticeable while panning around.

Try with mirrors off (if they are on).

On my machine even when my fps are locked with V-sync using mirrors will cause a stutter, most noticeable while panning around.

I use mirrors everywhere w/o stutter so far.

Maybe it helps to turn off Vsync and limit the fps in Riva tuner as Goa suggested to me.

Hello guys,

1- in nvidia control panel (or nvidia inspector) change the max pre-rendered frames to 4.

Wow this really fixed the micro stutter problem for me, thanks!

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | ASUS TUF GeForce RTX 4090 OC | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

well well I will give it a try tonight......if the problem is solved I'll make you a donation :D

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

I use mirrors everywhere w/o stutter so far.

Maybe it helps to turn off Vsync and limit the fps in Riva tuner as Goa suggested to me.

with gync monitor is always better to have also vsync on (in game or nvidia I see no difference with regards to dcs), then use rivetarurner to cap fps a 60.

;);):thumbup:

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

IIRC Vsync limits the experience of Gsync if deployed together by their pure nature of what they are desgned for. Vsync for a stable value of Hz and Gsync for an ever changing value of Hz up and down, from the lowest to the highest, say 30-240.

I have read a few articles about Gsync and this was one of the topics, Vsync and Gsync together, yes or no, iirc it was a clear No. But hey, I am only a user and I havent even tried Vsync myself in years, so all that is only reading. I do know Gsync rocks.

IIRC Vsync limits the experience of Gsync if deployed together by their pure nature of what they are desgned for. Vsync for a stable value of Hz and Gsync for an ever changing value of Hz up and down, from the lowest to the highest, say 30-240.

I have read a few articles about Gsync and this was one of the topics, Vsync and Gsync together, yes or no, iirc it was a clear No. But hey, I am only a user and I havent even tried Vsync myself in years, so all that is only reading. I do know Gsync rocks.

gsync definitely works together with vsync...

https://www.blurbusters.com/gsync/gsync101-input-lag-tests-and-settings/

blurbuster is the most specialzied forum on planet earth for gsync :P

• 2 weeks later...
Hello guys,

I have no more stutters thanks to the following tricks:

Dam

Wow It really works. Great!

There was sometimes stutter in Oculus VR when changing from 90 fps to 45 fps or moving head around at 45 fps, Now apply max pre-rendered frames to 4, No more stutters ! Fantastic!

We can enjoy DCS not 90 fps with Low graphics setting but 45 fps with High graphics setting.

Mine is 7700k 4.8G over, 16G RAM, 1080TI, SSD

Thanks for good information!

Edited by Nansaram

So I read it up Goa, your link, very good.

For my settings and DCS VSYNC then wont matter much as I stay inside my Gsynced fps range, all the time.

What really convinced me to keep it on OFF was this from the linked site's forum:

---------

daniel8747

thanks. so for competitive gamers, is there a noticeable input lag difference between g-sync and v-sync off and uncapped fps vs. gsync and v-sync enabled with fps capped 3 frames below refresh rate?

4 months 6 days ago

f06d838b3a0b1f5a885637bb3c2b497bx75.pngAuthor

jorimt

I too have answered this in the comments section, so take a look if you want the more detailed explanation, but short answer is: not much, no.

That said, VSYNC OFF (without G-SYNC) + no fps limit + high fps is always going to have less input lag than any combination of G-SYNC.

4 months 6 days ago

mystery75.pngMember

daniel8747

Sounds good. Thank you!

------------------

input lag, I try to avoid at all costs... which runs contra the 60fps limit we currently have all set. Is there any tool to measure input lag ?

Edited by BitMaster

Now, For me as VR user,

I let max pre-rendered frames to default and change Virtual Reality Pre-rendered Frames from 1 to 4.

The result is same as it good.

I tried number from 1(default) to 2, 3, 4. Number 4 is most good value for minmize VR stutter.

And for me, there is no input lag. I think my 1080ti graphic card is powerful enough to handle 4 pre-renders in 90fps or 45fps (VR sync fps).

Edited by Nansaram