[FIXED INTERNALLY] F18 HUD Symbiology Broken after update 12-Sept

yngvef

Every time in multiplayer when a client that took off from the ship with an F/A-18 lands on land, his plane bounces up and down through terrain when seen by other players.

The bug then becomes persistent and the server has to be reset.

Couldn't see if this had been reported before.

[MISSING TRACK FILE] F18 HUD Symbiology Broken after update 12-Sept

My HUD symbiology with the dot in the ASC circle, as well as the target diamond and direction of target's travel arrow indicator on the OD of the ASC circle is jumping all over the place since I just updated. I jumped in the Instant Action Mission of 8 vs 8 in the Caucasus map to see if the radar would stay locked on to a target after doing a crank to try to evade the Mig 29's long range shot. Seems like the radar is now worse. I'd be glad to post a track file if I can find where it is stored. If I'm not the only one having this issue you may not want to update.

Also that mission is extremely difficult when you tell the fight to "Jettison Weapons" which makes them drop their external tank and only the 3 in your flight actually do it. None of the 4 in the second flight respond so their turn radius is compromised. Then once you are hit and you look at the other aircraft in your flight and only a few of your filght have even launched on the enemy and usually only 1 missile. I'd think in a "real life" 8 vs 8 EVERYONE would launch at least one of their AIM 120's, if not both WELL before the merge.

Edited by Banman

i7-8700K (6 Core, 12MB Cache, 4.6GHz) 32 GB DDR4 XMP @ 2933MHz, GTX 1080Ti w/ 11GB GDDR5X, Windows 10 Pro, 256GB SSD, TM Warthog Stick & Throttle, TM TPR Pedals, TrackIR5

Yes I am experiencing the same problem. Also experienced unable to select 9X - display said 7M0 and wouldn't change - i checked control mappings all ok, re spawned on the boat and was able to select 9X after launch

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

Erratic Radar Behaviour in Latest Update

Both myself and my wingman, Mithandra (C/S 59_Specter) experienced a major change in the radar behaviour in the latest update. While we were both able to lock onto targets, once locked, the HUD symbology would constantly "dance" and show the target jumping around, would continuously swap between targets, and would drop and reaquire target lock on a nonmanoeuvering target. I will include my track, but it will not be very helpful as it shows that my target that I did have locked is not locked according to the track, and I crash, which I did NOT do according to both the actual flight and TacView. I have also included a link to the TacView file as evidence.

Link to the TacView file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KaDpfVzgIqD4uOtU0QhtWpxvsr5X9FKo/view?usp=sharing

Link to the .trk file, not sure why it's not showing up: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DeP49UMIbKAiYPbS-kltXOcxBsh08DqT/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Crew Dog
added link to share .trk file

FENRIR

No KC-10 in DCS? Thank goodness for small miracles!

Intel i5 4690K OC to 4.0, Corsair CX850M PSU, 16GB Patriot Viper @ 1866MHz, EVGA GTX 1060 SC, Samsung EVO 250GB SSD, Saitek X-55, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Delanclip

I've recorded another track, flown in the AIM-120 instant action mission, this track shows the radar behaviour better

Radar Test.trk

FENRIR

No KC-10 in DCS? Thank goodness for small miracles!

Intel i5 4690K OC to 4.0, Corsair CX850M PSU, 16GB Patriot Viper @ 1866MHz, EVGA GTX 1060 SC, Samsung EVO 250GB SSD, Saitek X-55, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Delanclip

Same behavior described above. It's easily reproducible. Track attached with AIM-7. It seems the radar actually loses lock for a very small amount of time, because this behavior makes the AIM-7 miss most of the time. Also seems to happen more when target is maneuvering.

aim-7-rdr.trk

Edited by boscoh
Attached track

3800X, X570, 32GB 3600, RTX 2080Ti, SSD, Odyssey+ VR

We’ve seen this since day one w the hornet. Any ship that takes off from or traps on the carrier bounces if you try to land on an airfield. Its so consistant it was assumed to be a known issue. (The player in the bouncing plane doesnt notice anything, just others that observe it)

Can someone please point out the file directory location for Instant Action Track Files? I know where they are for Multiplayer but it seems they are in a different location for Instant Action Missions? For Multiplayer they are a (.trk) file name. Are they are different file name extension for Instant Action Missions?

Edited by Banman

i7-8700K (6 Core, 12MB Cache, 4.6GHz) 32 GB DDR4 XMP @ 2933MHz, GTX 1080Ti w/ 11GB GDDR5X, Windows 10 Pro, 256GB SSD, TM Warthog Stick & Throttle, TM TPR Pedals, TrackIR5

Can someone please point out the file directory location for Instant Action Track Files? I know where they are for Multiplayer but it seems they are different for Instant Action Missions?

Should be saved games/dcs/tracks

At the end of the flight in the debrief screen, at the bottom click Save Track and you can save it anywhere you want.

3800X, X570, 32GB 3600, RTX 2080Ti, SSD, Odyssey+ VR