Thank You Viggen Devs!

metzgerov

You consistently keep adding/adjusting things based on our feedback in the forums. Small things like adding Mode dial to axis and the extra cartridges.

I for one appreciate you listening and your rapid turn-around.

Not only did you delivery a Jet that was complete on launch but you continue to tweak it.

Special thanks to RagnarDa the Hackerman for his listening, knowledge and support.

I thank you.

>>Now back to cleaning the tops off of pine trees....

Indeed, although there are still some long standing issues left, the constant work on the module gives me confidence that they will be fixed eventually.

So yeah, many thanks for the support and dedication to this module!

SwnK8GY.jpg

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Loved the new CW / CCW keybinds :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I had a long break from DCS but Viggen brought me back - and it has been absolute joy to fly. Not very familiar plane to me when I bought it - but the module has really made it stand out and introduced all aspects of a very cool plane! Love all the little details and specific 'viggen-only' stuff - and Heatblur has been great constantly updating & polishing the plane. And it's great to see that Viggen is not abandoned despite all the F-14 maddness going around! :)

So thank you!

A-10C Warthog | AJS-37 Viggen | F-5E Tiger II | Mig-15bis | MiG-19P Farmer

I do have Viggen module long time but I don't know why and how, I didn't pay attention to it as it deserves. Silly me.

Recently I fly it and ... man, what have I been thinking for all this time?

Thank you bizillion tons Heatblur!!!

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Thanks guys it means more than you think!

A little longer answer here

It's well deserved. :thumbup:

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Dear Ragnar,

a two weeks ago or so you promised to fix that annoying issue with HUD not properly working when releasing bombs in CCIP. Well, yesterday I downloaded the last DCS update and I found you (or your team , it's the same for me) just did it.

I made a try and it worked... as a lot of many fixes as well, of course.

You spelled your word and maintained your promises... that's the way to do things. I respect this. Thanks a lot for your attention to all our users' requests and your hard work.

With best regards,

As I'm not a reddit user and it seems like you're interested in the poll there I will just answer the questions here:

1. What, if any, do you see as the most serious current problems with the Viggen?
    The two bugs that annoy me the most at the moment is this.
    There are some other less important issues that have not been reported as fixed as far as I know, but I would have to test them again to be certain. This and this for example.
  2. When was the last time you played the module?
    Two months ago, because that was the last time I could play DCS, because my time to play is very limited atm unfortunately :(
  3. How great an impact did incomplete/buggy features have on your enjoyment of the module?
    A big one!
  4. Did you raise these issues with HeatBlur?
    Yes, see links above.
  5. If so, how satisfied were you with their response, if any.
    Very varying. It ranged all the way from great responses (e.g. follow up questions from the devs to nail down the problem or replies that the problem is beeing worked on or fixed internally) over acknowledgements that the problem is confirmed down to o response at all. I understand that replying on the forums takes time that then is missing for actual development, but a quick response that the problem is acknowledged would be nice :)
  6. What sort of other important bugs, now resolved, do you remember and how long did it take for them to be resolved?
    The most important one for me was probably the BK90, although that was mostly on ED to get addressed. Another pretty annoying bug was the not correctly working FÄLLD LAST light and TAKT status display. And then there was the slow Trim problem which was very annoying too.
  7. In your opinion, what is a reasonable amount of time for bugs of varying complexity to be resolved?
    About a month, although that depends on the complexity and its severity of course.
  8. In your opinion, what is a reasonable amount of time for a module to be in Early Access?
    About a year
  9. Based on Heatblur's claim of having their F-14B module being mostly feature complete on early access launch, how confident are you they will be able to meet that goal?
    Pretty confident, with an emphasis on mostly complete.
  10. Knowing what you know now, would you purchase the AJS-37 Viggen Module?
    Absolutely! I preordered it as soon as it was possible to do so and would do the same thing again.
  11. Knowing what you know now, would you purchase the F-14 module?
    Already did :D

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

What, if any, do you see as the most serious current problems with the Viggen?

-Engine performance - especially at higher altitudes - seems off.

-Some of the weapon modes (CCIP high drag) doesnt work as advertized.

-Not enough missions/campaigns (yet).

When was the last time you played the module?

-Today.

How great an impact did incomplete/buggy features have on your enjoyment of the module?

-Some. But I can usually adjust my gameplay accordingly until things are tweaked/fixed/added.

Did you raise these issues with HeatBlur?

-Yes, or they had already been noted and responded to.

If so, how satisfied were you with their response, if any.

-The response to bugs on general seems to be OK/good. Not everything is adressed right away - but I can understand priorization.

What sort of other important bugs, now resolved, do you remember and how long did it take for them to be resolved?

-The crashing few months back. I think it was resolved quite fast - but getting the patch thru ED took some time.

In your opinion, what is a reasonable amount of time for bugs of varying complexity to be resolved?

-It depends how severe. On little things it is enough that it is acknowledged - major things (that affect a major gameplay element) should be responded fairly quickly. Week / few weeks.

In your opinion, what is a reasonable amount of time for a module to be in Early Access?

-Year max - preferably less.

Based on Heatblur's claim of having their F-14B module being mostly feature complete on early access launch, how confident are you they will be able to meet that goal?

-Seems like a otettu solid promise.

Knowing what you know now, would you purchase the AJS-37 Viggen Module?

-Yes. It's been great to play around, feels like it's just missing few polishes here and there and gameplay content.

Knowing what you know now, would you purchase the F-14 module?

-Yes, but would like to know release date atleast before pre purchase.

A-10C Warthog | AJS-37 Viggen | F-5E Tiger II | Mig-15bis | MiG-19P Farmer

As a low level strike weapons platform, i see the radar ground reflection issues and any weapon delivery issues as serious.

Today!

How great an impact did incomplete/buggy features have on your enjoyment of the module?

Minor because i know the devs. have it on their to-do-list and there's enough of the other working features to keep me busy. Most issues were fixed.

Yes.

Excellent. The best thing is the fast acknowledgement and updates.

What sort of other important bugs, now resolved, do you remember and how long did it take for them to be resolved?

When it crashed after every end of mission because of ELINT file bug was the worst! Put me off the module completely. It's good that it got resolved in 2 weeks.

In your opinion, what is a reasonable amount of time for bugs of varying complexity to be resolved?

Low complex stuff 2 weeks, but generally about a month. If fix rely on ED as well then 3 months.

In your opinion, what is a reasonable amount of time for a module to be in Early Access?

1.5 years

Based on Heatblur's claim of having their F-14B module being mostly feature complete on early access launch, how confident are you they will be able to meet that goal?

Based on the Viggen, very confident...but with bugs.

100% yes.

Pre-purchase without knowing how it plays? No! I'll wait until gameplay reviews comes out.

Nothing serious, but AI wingman behavior is kind of bad. No low-level flying, employs weapons unrealistically (few bombs/rockets at a time, can't do high-drag bombing etc, doesn't employ Rb-15F / Rb-04 consistently).

A few days ago.

Very minor. Mainly AI wingmen behavior as specified above, making it hard to create some types of single-player missions.

Yes, in the bug-report forum.

Could be better, though I guess many AI issues lies in core DCS code rather than the module code.

The targeting/aiming bugs caused by changes in EDs atmospheric model was annoying. I do think RagnarDa fixed them quite quickly though.

Depends, as long as the bug report is acknowledged by the devs I can wait until it's done...

2 years

Should be very enjoyable, but naturally with some missing features and bugs

100% yes. No, make that 200% yes :)

Yes, but mainly for supporting Heatblur so they might make another Swedish aircraft/theater/asset pack sometime in the future. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

- Speed at possible rotation at take off is locked to above 250km/h. We should be able to start rotating as low as 150km/h.

- The max possible load factor (G) need to be tuned to fit the charts.

- The stick force logic seems off, if you do a very fast but very short stick pull you will get very high G output. Perhaps both inner and outer rudders react on these kind of input? Anyway it seems to be exaggerate the rudder movement too much so the damping is lost?

- The engine performance is not up to par yet.

I know some of these things are being worked at but I wanted to mention them anyway.

About a week ago

Pretty great as I only do shorter flights these days due to time restrictions.

Just puffed some air in the forum

The response come from other forum members that try to tell me how I should adapt to how the module work instead how it should work.

Can’t remember

2-12 month

2 years

Very!

Yes!

I only fly Viggen

Same here.... Love the Ajs (Ok i'm a Swede... So some local patriotism here :-) ) Gave it a rest for a while flying the Harrier... But took it up again recently..... This Module is a beast and i loe the detail... just started exploring the Recce capabilities and even that "No fight" experience is a blast skimming the the sea in poor weather searching ships........ Now i now what my uncle talks about (Former AF Major in the Stril/Groundcombatcontrol on our old local Recce wing at F13 Flotilla)

Let me say beforehand that I'm very happy with the Viggen, it is almost complete and most of the problems are minor. Even during the F-14 development, it still receives attention, which is much appreciated!

My top three problems are:

IR-uncage is not working

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=219138&

This effects gameplay significantly in AA missions.

KB switch functionality

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3615360&postcount=7

The radar bombing 3km CI cross in misplaced

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3592944&postcount=24

Yesterday.

Not much of an impact as I just switched focus to other weapons systems or weapon delivery modes, but would be very happy if the problems are fixed.

Yes.

Usually one of the devs responds and the response is always helpful. It is not always clear if the bug is added to their internal bug tracker (which I assume they have). Including the bug report status in the thread title (how it is done for the Hornet) would be a good idea imho.

The thrust reverser not working was a bit of a pain, but it was fixed quickly.

Two weeks for critical bugs (i.e. bugs that seriously affect gameplay). For other bugs I would say two weeks for trivial bugs (key bindings for example), a month for minor bugs and two months for bugs that require refactoring of code.

6 months

I'm certain of it.

Yes!

I absolutely trust Heatblur to deliver a great F-14 module, so I will probably pick up the F-14, although probably when it is out of (or almost) early access.

And even with the F-14 in super crunsh probably, we can see Heatblur devs going from Viggen bug thread to bug thread, and putting fixes in :thumbup:.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |