How many of us fly F15 exclusively?

I ask myself. Why limit yourself to one bird...learn the limit of each, since it’s there and available…It will make you a better virtual pilot in my book… Limiting yourself to only the f15c, only limits yourself on what you can learn. Remember the f15c is poorly model, the aim 120c in lomac sucks big time...

That's why you have to be able to fly good. I do fly the F16 in another sim. and two is enough to learn how to handle well. F15 does have some problems but it has it's good points too. Like I said, to be able to survive in the F15 you have to learn to be a good pilot and it pushes you to be just that. I can also see your point too. Everyone has different flavors. No one is wrong. Cheers.

That's why you have to be able to fly good. I do fly the F16 in another sim. and two is enough to learn how to handle well. F15 does have some problems but it has it's good points too. Like I said, to be able to survive in the F15 you have to learn to be a good pilot and it pushes you to be just that. I can also see your point too. Everyone has different flavors. No one is wrong. Cheers.

I agree, reason why I fly the mig, the way it's model. The f15c, stands no chance against it...True some may have valued argument. I have to stop, I love the f15c, but the way it’s model... At 12 Nm you fox 1, 3x then the 120 missiles misses…. Enough said I reckon, there is no real balance. But then again this is my opinion…

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

I agree, reason why I fly the mig, the way it's model. The f15c, stands no chance against it...True some may have valued argument. I have to stop, I love the f15c, but the way it’s model. Just sucks too much in my opinion…. Man at 12 Nm you fox 1, 3x then the 120 missiles misses…. Enough said I reckon, there is no real balance. But then again this is my opinion…

one sparrow and 3 aims all missing! i dont think so!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not arguing, but the way ED has set this sim up. The mig has the advantage in my opinion. Harder to see, etc…The f15c sucks, no matter how you look at it… It’s unfortunate…

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

Me being a big ID4 buff...I can tell you that in the scene where everyone flew...they flew a bit of everything. You look close enough you can see F-4's, corsairs, F-14's, F-16's...etc, even the chinese flew foxbats, foxhounds, suhkois, migs...british flew...f-16's...doesnt really matter what plane you fly, does it?

Indeed, I tried Su-27 and Mig-29 also, but my performance wasn't any better. Online the pilot makes the difference. I like the datalink in Su-27/Mig-29 but I'm more used to the F-15's TWS radar mode and TEWS.

Leafer: what do you really expect from AFM for the F-15C? It is such a powerful aircraft that SFM or AFM shouldn't make much difference, except maybe in extreme manoevres?

The fact Su-25 is more challenging to fly is for the most part due to the aircraft and its specs and above all its many limitations.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Size-wise, the MiG-29 SHOULD be harder to see, since its smaller than the F-15C. BUT...the last time I played around with fighting against the MiG-29, unless he was in burner, that black smoke trail made him pretty easy to see. It also made it easier to judge his aspect from a greater distance.

I agree that the F-15 and its weapons are somewhat undermodelled, but no more so than the Russian fighters. I have read the "its too much like shooting fish in a barrel" criticism from both sides of the fence, in addition to the "I can't win...its just not fair...this sim is biased" criticism...again...coming from both sides of the fence. ;)

Just fly the A-10. That way you can say that everyone else has an unfair advantage over you...and you'd have a legitimate gripe. RL and combat tactics just suck. GRRRR!!! I want LOMAC to model a plane in which I can win against any opponent, in any situation, and not have to know my own strengths and his weaknesses. Yeah...that would be cool. :smartass: Sorry, had to say it...because, as I said, I hear the same arguments coming from both sides. From what I have read on these forums over the years, it doesn't seem to me as if people like Pilotasso think they have the deck stacked against them when flying the F-15. :smilewink:

Totally agree!!:thumbup:

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

Heh...that's 8 Slammers, not 6. ;) Just remember the song.

Oh, I wish I had 8 AMRAAMs like the Eagle

I'd be havin' so much fun, it'd be illegal

Like a guy who ain't been laid for months

I'd shoot those f***ers all at once

I wish I had 8 AMRAAMs like the Eagle

:D

Oh dear... (JaBoG32_)Woodstock is listening to this CD aaaaalllllll the time...

I like "the motherf***er who started WWIII"! :pilotfly::megalol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

As much as I like the Eagle, I usually fly either the Vanilla-Frog or the Tee-Frog But then again, I like it low down and dirty :P Besides, the Vanilla-Frog is hard to fly and fight in, but it's rewarding when you're able to do it well =)

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

I agree that the F-15 and its weapons are somewhat undermodelled, but no more so than the Russian fighters. I have read the "its too much like shooting fish in a barrel" criticism from both sides of the fence, in addition to the "I can't win...its just not fair...this sim is biased" criticism...again...coming from both sides of the fence. ;)

Just fly the A-10. That way you can say that everyone else has an unfair advantage over you...and you'd have a legitimate gripe.

I don't agree about the A-10. I been pretty much flying all planes in FC. Turns out my favorite IS the A-10 at the moment, and I don't feel at a disadvantage in it. I got a very nice AA killboard too. I have been flying the F-15 also, and it's no worse than any russian plane. Actually, I personnally got my butt handed to me more often in Russian jets. Blame the pilot? YES !

It all comes down to the pilot in the end. Using what's available to him. Just fly a plane you like, learn your style, learn to deal with what the plane has got, what it hasn't and don't blame the tool for what you did with it.

Also I'd like to shamelessly advertise the Fighter Wing of the 9thAF. Because we fly the F-15C (primarily) and we are looking for good pilots. Honestly, it's worth the fun.

Pilots start as recruits and have some introductory training with an instructor, they then take the introductory checkride. At this point they are accepted as 9thAF pilots. We got a pretty good training outline, there are no strict obligations to attend weekly training (but you would be missing some fun). So if you are insterested, please visit our website

Don’t get me wrong guys, I love the F15C as any other. I fly all the birds in Lomac. I do not restrict myself to one bird. The F15C has his flaws true. I work with it. But I admit I do get more frustrated engaging in the F15C as opposed to other Air to Air airframes available in lomac. I was just venting… But I still prefer the mig, my choice. But now I’m getting a high flying the Su25T. :smilewink: