How do I fire AGM-65G?

zonie

Then you are doing it wrong - sorry to be direct. I can launch them without issue. Please post a track file so we can see what steps you are taking and what steps you are not taking so that we can be of assistance.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Then you are doing it wrong - sorry to be direct. I can launch them without issue. Please post a track file so we can see what steps you are taking and what steps you are not taking so that we can be of assistance.

To be fair to the OP, they are finicky at best right now and I've found them struggling to lock a target greater than 5 miles.

I assume since you have the target locked up it could slew you have that DDI as SOI, are you getting the mav lockd msg on HUD? otherwise it won't fire when you think you have a good lock, don't go by the cross hairs alone....

Yep, MAV LKD on HUD. Master ARM on. AG mode. Uncaged. No launch.

Edited - added a track and screenshot.

maverick.trk

Screen_181122_111253.thumb.png.8a065290a11496fb829dc2172bc48696.png

Edited by zonie

I have the slew control on my TM WH throttle mapped to the Throttle Designator Controller and it works fine with A/A radar. But with the AGM65G, it has absolutely no effect. I have set A/G mode, selected the MAVG, selected it again and the seeker, after its warmup or cooldown time, shows me the landscape on the DDI. I van change the FOV. Sometimes I can even get ground targets displayed although that's not easy because I have no seeker mark on my HUD. Should I? I can also uncage the seeker and the crosshair moves around a little. But I cannot make it move with the slew control.

What could I be missing?

PS: I had originally added the AN/ASQ-T50 POD to my payload but I took it out because it was obviously not doing anything and the picture on the DDI comes from the Maverick seeker.

Edit: Just saw that Wags has posted a mini-update for the AGM-65G. I will review that and hopefully find out what I missed.

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I have the slew control on my TM WH throttle mapped to the Throttle Designator Controller and it works fine with A/A radar. But with the AGM65G, it has absolutely no effect. I have set A/G mode, selected the MAVG, selected it again and the seeker, after its warmup or cooldown time, shows me the landscape on the DDI. I van change the FOV. Sometimes I can even get ground targets displayed although that's not easy because I have no seeker mark on my HUD. Should I? I can also uncage the seeker and the crosshair moves around a little. But I cannot make it move with the slew control.

What could I be missing?

PS: I had originally added the AN/ASQ-T50 POD to my payload but I took it out because it was obviously not doing anything and the picture on the DDI comes from the Maverick seeker.

You need to assign TDC Priority to the DDI the Maverick is on - press the Sensor Select hat in the direction of the screen (I.E. SS Left if it's on the left screen) until a diamond appears in the top right hand corner of the screen. The ASQ-T50 pod is for simulated dogfight training and has no function in-game...

I dont know if this is a WIP matter, but I was trying to map the Maverick FOV to my HOTAS, I dont know if the function" RAID/FLIR FOV Select Button" is suposed to perform the same function as depressing the FOV OSB on the DDI while the Maverick is being utilized? I am simply trying to select the FOV on my HOTAS while using the Maverick. Thanks,

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

I dont know if this is a WIP matter, but I was trying to map the Maverick FOV to my HOTAS, I dont know if the function" RAID/FLIR FOV Select Button" is suposed to perform the same function as depressing the FOV OSB on the DDI while the Maverick is being utilized? I am simply trying to select the FOV on my HOTAS while using the Maverick. Thanks,

Yeah, I have the FOV mapped and the only way I can change it is by clicking on cockpit button

You need to assign TDC Priority to the DDI the Maverick is on - press the Sensor Select hat in the direction of the screen ...

Thanks backspace! Yes that was the "missing link". I managed tohit 4 targets.

Hopefully we will get functionality like in the A-10C where you can acquire the target with the TGP and then slave the Maverick to the TGP!

Edit

I also tried the AGM-65D and, as expected, it works the same way.

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Yeah, I have the FOV mapped and the only way I can change it is by clicking on cockpit button

Same here. I had the Raid/FLIR FOV bound to my China Hat Aft switch (Uncage on China Hat Fwd). So for the time being I bound the China Hat Aft to Left MDI PB15, and now I can cycle the FOV without taking my hands off the HOTAS..

LeCuvier

Caging it and uncaging it will do it.

Press and hold tdc push will do the same ;)

Gesendet von meinem F5121 mit Tapatalk

Thanks guys! :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I am finding that once I rifle the 1st maverick, I can not uncage the next one, I keep trying reseting stuff etc, eventually I can. Is this a matter that the next maverick also needs to cool down 1st? There is NO timer present to indicate that?

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Is this a matter that the next maverick also needs to cool down 1st? There is NO timer present to indicate that?

Certainly not. I have actually fired two Mavericks successively (at a ship) and between the two shots it remained uncaged.

LeCuvier