AGM-65G

ChickenSim

Just wondering, what's the reason for AGM-65Gs being on the Hornet?

I know they have used AGM-65E/E2s and Fs (both F and G being E warheads with D seekers; Fs having SHIP mode). I'm pretty sure the Navy never used Gs and I'm not sure whether the jet can fire them properly since they're not in any manuals I can see (no stores codes or listed DDI readouts in the 2001 TPG or in any manuals published since, only MAV and MAVF). Is there something in the 1994 version that has them?

And if they're sticking around does this mean there's a chance of re-evaluating the criteria to exclude BRU-55s (for dual-racked GBU-12s), DMLGBs, GBU-54s, or LITENING pods? There's a lot more evidence of those being used by Hornets than 65Gs.

I'm also curious about this. All info I have found on the G model seems to point toward F16s. I'm assuming ED just has info from sources we don't?

Whilst the F16C is a future planned project the PResense of an Agm65G doesnt mean this was an Asset meant for the F16.

AGM65G was already present within DCS usable on on the A10C. However the AGM65G was apparently in use by the US navy if you look at the planned list of weapons for the Hornet.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3285514&postcount=13

Thats not to say there arent mistake with the current patch content that was aded.. Wags himself the AGM65D are in fact wrong for the Hornet and will be removed with the next following update for the Stable build of DCS.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Whilst the F16C is a future planned project the PResense of an Agm65G doesnt mean this was an Asset meant for the F16.

AGM65G was already present within DCS usable on on the A10C. However the AGM65G was apparently in use by the US navy if you look at the planned list of weapons for the Hornet.

Thats not to say there arent mistake with the current patch content that was aded.. Wags himself the AGM65D are in fact wrong for the Hornet and will be removed with the next following update for the Stable build of DCS.

Except for the Wrong model the Function and Symbology type is Synonymous with how a maverick would work on a Hornet.

I'm not so sure.

Even the YouTube tutorial videos were titled AGM-65G and they added DDI symbology that says MAVG, so the inclusion of this variant was clearly intentional if the software build wasn't.

I'm not complaining about more weapons by any means either, I am just trying to wrap my head around their selection criteria for excluding certain weapons and payloads that the Hornet is capable of carrying while including weapons it doesn't.

And I've never heard of the US Navy using the G so that's why I was curious why it was even on the list.

I'm not so sure. Even the YouTube tutorial videos were titled AGM-65G and they added DDI symbology that says MAVG, so the inclusion of this variant was clearly intentional if the software build wasn't.

I'm not complaining about more weapons by any means either, I am just trying to wrap my head around their selection criteria for excluding certain weapons and payloads that the Hornet is capable of carrying while including weapons it doesn't.

yes the MAVG is correct, and i linked the list of planned weapons. Its on there.

The MavD isnt. and is confirmed to be inccorect boo boo by wags.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

I thought you meant from your original post that Wags said they were going to replace the G with the F.

But either way we may be talking past each other. The functions and symbology aren't identical (the F is the one with the SHIP mode, for example, that targets the waterline of a vessel, and the G clearly has different symbology on the DDI), and I'm positive there are other differences beyond the color and markings of the weapon (Navy variants tend to have more HERO protection that isn't modeled in DCS).

I understand that it was a planned weapon and is on their list, I am simply skeptical that it should have been when in the many other Hornet Armament threads here on the forum, the reason given for the exclusion of other weapons is that the Navy Lot 20 birds didn't use them. Well, I'm fairly certain they neither carried the G, and here we are.

Kev2go could you please point out some sources indicating that the G model was used by the U.S Navy with the exception of the post you linked above?

What Chicken is trying to say is that there is no real evidence (that we can find available at least) that supports the idea that the G was used by those U.S Navy Hornets.

I'm not talking about DCS info. I meant real data on the AGM-65G all seems to state the f16/ airforce used it. Cannot find any form of data stating the Navy used the G version.

Kev2go could you please point out some sources indicating that the G model was used by the U.S Navy with the exception of the post you linked above?

What Chicken is trying to say is that there is no real evidence (that we can find available at least) that supports the idea that the G was used by those U.S Navy Hornets.

And Chicken has a point, but maybe ED knows something we dont? I never said it actually can I merely said assumed it would because these are the features ED has planned. ED doesn't have reputation for adding fictional or nonexistent weapon options.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/2018-01-12_FA-18Prepurchase/

The Hornet that ED is repsresnting is specifically a version used by the US navy, and Not Marine corps or any other nations. Thats why we get ATFLIR and not a second TGP the Litening 2 for eg.

Why would ED be including weaponry or sensors despite WAGS and overall company constant reminder to those asking for features from other operators ., that is a USN Hornet in DCS. WHy would they then do the exact opposite and include weapons like the AGM65G If it wasn't available by use for the US navy?

BY that logic there would be no reason to remove the AGM65D. if the AGM65G was already an entirely fictional option for a USN operated hornet.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

• ED Team

That is simply not true. We have several official documents listing the AGM-65G as a weapon in the Hornet's early years.

And Chicken has a point, but maybe ED knows something we dont? I never said it actually can I merely said assumed it would because these are the features ED has planned. ED doesn't have reputation for adding fictional or nonexistent weapon options.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/2018-01-12_FA-18Prepurchase/

The Hornet that ED is repsresnting is specifically a version used by the US navy, and Not Marine corps or any other nations. Thats why we get ATFLIR and not a second TGP the Litening 2 for eg.

Why would ED be including weaponry or sensors despite WAGS and overall company constant reminder to those asking for features from other operators ., that is a USN Hornet in DCS. WHy would they then do the exact opposite and include weapons like the AGM65G If it wasn't available by use for the US navy?

BY that logic there would be no reason to remove the AGM65D. if the AGM65G was already an entirely fictional option for a USN operated hornet.

That is simply not true. We have several official documents listing the AGM-65G as a weapon in the Hornet's early years.

why is this directed at me specifically ?

Its the others in this thread who are being critical. Its not me who has started this thread to question the authenticity of the AGM65G. I think you may have misunderstood what i was attempting to communicate. I was defending the decision by putting trust that you have had documentation of the AGm65 ( thus knowing something we don't) and wouldn't have otherwise included it if it wasn't ever used on the Hornet.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

• ED Team
why is this directed at me specifically ?

Its the others in this thread who are being critical. Its not me who has started this thread to question the authenticity of the AGM65G. I think you may have misunderstood what i was attempting to communicate. I was defending the decision by putting trust that you have had documentation of the AGm65 ( thus knowing something we don't) and wouldn't have otherwise included it if it wasn't ever used on the Hornet.

No, to those saying it is not a valid Hornet weapon.

You need to stop spreading this around it's not true or correct. Lot 20 is Lot 20 for the Navy and Marine Corps.

0000040641.jpg

Except this Lot 20 wasn't in USMC service back in 2005 :doh:

based on BUNO # 165408, this specific F/A18C belonged until very recently to VFA 34 , which was last active duty US navy duty Legacy Hornet Squadron until 2018 when they transitioned to Super Hornet :book:

Nice try at cherry picking though.

in DCS henceforth the model simulated is specifically Lot 20 is was found in the service in The US navy, not Lot20s used by the USMC ( way after 2005)or other export users.The only thing ED they did was thrown in other skins, otherwise its using equipment and avionics that USN version uses.

USMC Hornets have some system changes that allow them to put the LITENING II ( or SNIPER Pods for some export users) on the Centerline. Plus a few system and lifespan upgrades.

This is no misinformation. It has been clarified before.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3423886&postcount=4085

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3423882&postcount=4084

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

That's good to hear, could you specify which by chance? This is the first I've heard of AGM-65Gs being used outside the USAF service-wide.

All the contemporary documents I have (ca. 2000s) don't list Gs as a valid stores option, and more recent documents don't even list the F for that matter (I've been told they all went to the ASuW squadrons), but that's obviously not relevant to a mid-2000s Hornet.

• ED Team

ED cant share their documents for a number of reasons, I was told that they have access to documents showing the G available though. We will be getting the E, F and G for the Hornet, the D showed up this patch as it was a placeholder for the F development, and the F will replace it as it gets more completed in the future.

Here is the key, more options is more better. Even if the G was limited service or earlier weapon, then mission designers can choose not to load it. It's all good. And who can argue about having more Mavericks... they were my favourite weapon on the A-10C because they do most of the work :)

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Thank you for investigating further.

I can't say that I'm happy that a weapon was removed (I'm usually a "more is better" person), but it does reflect your guys' commitment to authenticity.

And really, the Navy didn't need that Air Force missile anyway, it'll be just fine with Fs alongside its USMC Harrier brethren.

Thank you for investigating further.

I can't say that I'm happy that a weapon was removed (I'm usually a "more is better" person), but it does reflect your guys' commitment to authenticity.

And really, the Navy didn't need that Air Force missile anyway, it'll be just fine with Fs alongside its USMC Harrier brethren.

The more authenticity the better!

I guess this means we will not have force correlate at all?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3661877&postcount=117

Seems so.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

So we will ONLY have the E & F versions??? And that's it? Can we successfully use the IR F Mav against ground targets and not just ships? We gotta have a MAV that WE can launch against ground targets without the aid of a FAC..please tell me all this rant about historical correctness did not just remove a weapon for ground based targets or targets of opportunity using the Force Correlate

Edited by Alphamale