See the head movement in multi player / multi crew (before the F-14 takes off)?

Tom Kazansky

BIG wish:

I'd love to see the real head viewing direction of other players in multi player/multi crew.

:pilotfly::pilotfly:

When I sit in a two seater, I'd love to see where the other guy (in front of me) looks at. (Heat Blur's F-14 should profit in the future, too)

And in close wingtip2wingtip formations it should be cool to see, where the other pilot looks at, aswell.

Who can imagine the gain of immersion in multi player/multi crew? (Plz support this wish.)

difference between the -2 sturmovik and dcs in il-2 the movement of the head is seen in MULTIPLAYER and is also seen recorded in the TRACK, in dcs instead the movement of the head is seen in MULTIPLAYER but not seen in the TRACK.

moreover, the tracks in DCS do not record perfectly the various events of the mission the track is not true to reality.

That's true of most games that have "improvised" track recording. They drop a lot of the minute details for the sake of performance. If you want it to record every detail in-exacto, then it is effectively a video data dump, which requires a lot of harddrive space and a lot of processing power, just like recording a video with FRAPS, etc.

You can't have a recording "a few K in size" without making some compromises. Additionally anytime things "change" like a patch, or slight tweak to an FM, it completely 100% obliterates previous recordings because then the data it DID record doesn't match up. It's still not perfect, thus the frequent errors and erroneous behavior, especially in busier missions, but there's not a magic solution to it, either.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I'm a bit confused - head movement is synced in multiplayer? I've sat next to someone on the flightline and you can see where they're looking and they can see where you're looking.

ok, I'll check this next time. Last time I drove a L-39 as backseater with a buddy I did not see a synced head movement.

I heared horizontal movement should be working but not vertical. But I did not see the correct horizontal movement either in L-39 those days.

ok, I'll check this next time. Last time I drove a L-39 as backseater with a buddy I did not see a synced head movement.

I heared horizontal movement should be working but not vertical. But I did not see the correct horizontal movement either in L-39 those days.

Have to admit - I've no idea about the L-39 and whether it works from inside the cockpit with multicrew between pilot and co-pilot. What I know works for sure is being able to see your own pilot's head position from external (i.e. look left and switch to F2, he'll be looking left) and you can see other pilot's heads rotate in MP. If you line up next to a buddy, just ask him to look left/right/up/down and you'll see it. I've had plenty of head shaking/nodding conversations on the flight line in MP.

Have to admit - I've no idea about the L-39 and whether it works from inside the cockpit with multicrew between pilot and co-pilot. What I know works for sure is being able to see your own pilot's head position from external (i.e. look left and switch to F2, he'll be looking left) and you can see other pilot's heads rotate in MP. If you line up next to a buddy, just ask him to look left/right/up/down and you'll see it. I've had plenty of head shaking/nodding conversations on the flight line in MP.

No, up/down is not working and right/left is very laggy/stuttery...full head motion in MP would be GREAT!

Take a look at my MODS here

I know it's kinda inappropriate, but in BMS it works amazing in my opinion.

no, no, it fits pretty well, caus u find it is AMAZING(!) ;)

that's why I wanted to put it on the wishlist (again) to get it here in DCS in such a way, too. :thumbup:

multi crew will definitely get a huge push with the F-14, right "Slider"? Iceman out. ;) (I could not hold this one back.)

And as I see in your 2016 wish, you know exactly what I' talking about:

What do I mean by synchronization between pilots? In L-39 I'd like to see when my co-pilot moves his head. And full head movement, like when I lean with TrackIR so I'd like to see how my pilot's body moves (or someone else).

Maybe we can't get a full TrackIR sync (which would be pretty cool), but we should have a smooth way of synchronisation of at least the head's direction.

Edited by Tom Kazansky

Sorry to be a spoilsport, but: is it really that important? I see that it makes sense in a multicrew craft to get a gist of what your partner is looking at, but the general head sync in multiplayer is probably overkill already.

Yes, I like it, too, but unless setting up on the flight line or taxiing past a friend of yours and giving them a stare, what scenario do you even see it in?

Well, when I'm flying in a formation, I'm looking at the cockpit of the leader 95% of the time, so I see his head all the time.

that's the stuff... yes.

Your formation skills must be a few leagues above mine if you got time to look at pilots' heads doing that, I guess.

I'm afraid you are right ;)

• 4 months later...