F-16 tpped over by B-1

wow...how could that happen???????
I don't see and external tanks or heavy weapons except wingtip missiles so that F-16 must of been at minimal weight. But damn thats a dumb move to taxi past a four engine aircraft like the B-1 in one of the lightest fighters in the world...

Here's a lengthy thread over at F-16.net

http://www.f-16.net/f-16_forum_viewtopic-t-8485.html

I don't see and external tanks or heavy weapons except wingtip missiles so that F-16 must of been at minimal weight. But damn thats a dumb move to taxi past a four engine aircraft like the B-1 in one of the lightest fighters in the world...

What I meant was how did control tower not see this... the F-16 pilot and B-1 would both need to have clearance for taxi and take off... not to mention how didn't the F-16 pilot see the big bird right beside him???

No longer active in DCS...

It was said someone got into a lot of trouble over this. Who was it? The control tower, the F-16 pilot? I don't think the B-1 pilot could have been held responsible.

Of course the B1 pilot "could" be responsible. We have no idea what communications were taking place at the time. It is common for Tower or Ground to request a plane to remain at idle power while another taxis in close proximity. I don't think the Viper would have continued taxiing unless he felt comfortable that the bomber was going to remain at idle. In a large, powerful aircraft there are two ways to get the airplane moving 1) minimal breakaway power and patiently wait for the plane to start moving or 2) apply a large amount of thrust to get the plane immediately underway. I don't mean to imply that the bomber guy was at fault but none of us know enough to make a judgment--other than to say it is just one of those things and fortunately no one was hurt. Heck the camera man didn't even place any importance on the event and instead stayed focused on the bomber on its take-off roll.

Smokin' Hole

Smokin' Hole

My DCS wish list: Su25, Su30, Mi24, AH1, F/A-18C, Afghanistan ...and frankly, the flight sim world should stop at 1995.

What I don't get here is how the cameraman just bypasses the tipped F-16 like it's nothing out of the ordinary and actually continues filming another aircraft. It's like seeing a nearby plane expload and continuing to film the original aircraft takeoff. Flabbergasted.

SU-30MKI

simvavatarhornetqg8.jpg

F/A-18F

...Beauty, grace, lethality.

Alaskan F-16 gets too close to a B-1B from Ellsworth AFB,SD that is getting ready for take off. Guess next time the fighter pilot will wait a little longer :)

This was the movie description. Apparently it was Alaska. (not that i always trust the descriptions)

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

I just don't get how someone can watch that and state how stupid someone was. None of us know what sort of communication was taking place when the incident occurred. Most likely, no one was stupid. Someone either missed a call or made a bad assumption that the call was made. It wasn't stupidity...it was understandable human error that resulted in some pretty entertaining video.

Smokin' Hole

Smokin' Hole

My DCS wish list: Su25, Su30, Mi24, AH1, F/A-18C, Afghanistan ...and frankly, the flight sim world should stop at 1995.

I have watched planes collide on runways... it's actually more common than you think,, I saw 2 A10 Warthogs collide.. they both tookoff without reporting it to anyone.. I took pictures... 10 seconds after it happened..

:joystick:

Iv'e seen some other hair raising things happen also, I saw a B52 do something impossible on takeoff, but I did not have a camera..

:cry:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

That Viper was light!!! :helpsmilie:

Still pilot error though... "Caution jet blast"... and, yeah... the camera man seems totally oblivious to the tipped over F-16! :lol:

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |