Structures Visibility Mod

TekaTeka

Structures Visibility Mod 1.1

structuresvisibilitymedmw8.jpg structuresvisibilityhigut6.jpg

Downloads and important details

This is very important mod unless you have a super-fast computer.

This mod regulates the ground structures visible distances and eliminates close range popups.

If your "VISIB RNG" is Medium, you will have slight performance decrease but the visual quality will be much better especially when you fly low. If your "VISIB RNG" is High, you will have large performance increase but you will see more popups in the far distance.

Also, you can tweak "graphics.cfg" file to control the visible distances by yourself. You can balance the visual quality and the frame rate by this tweaking.

I hope you like this mod.

• Like 7

TekaTeka from Japan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Visit my site Beyond Visual Range.

yea bump again, everyone should get this mod. However, i do have one question. This mod interferes with another mod in modman. It replaced the runway light bug fix: this one

http://www.lockonfiles.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&cid=118&lid=352&ttitle=Runway_Lights_Bug_Fix#dldetails

can anyone tell me the changes in the runway light fix so i'll just manually incorporate it within tekateka's mod?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

yea bump again, everyone should get this mod. However, i do have one question. This mod interferes with another mod in modman. It replaced the runway light bug fix: this one

http://www.lockonfiles.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&cid=118&lid=352&ttitle=Runway_Lights_Bug_Fix#dldetails

can anyone tell me the changes in the runway light fix so i'll just manually incorporate it within tekateka's mod?

Thanks for the bump, SuperKungFu.

You don't need the bug fix at all now. That was the fix for the very first patch ED released before the 1.11 patch. The light bug has not been existed ever since then.

The new mod interferes with the fix because the mod replaces the same file. I changed the lod distance of ATZ-60; long fuel truck in the file because the second lod model is very short and not suited to the truck. Sorry, I should have mentioned this before.

Anyway, please dump the runway light bug fix.

TekaTeka from Japan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Awsome mod, I can now fly my hog in the mud and not get distracted by all those close range pop ups!

Thanks TekaTeka

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Do you mean that you can, or can you with this mod?

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i mean:

- is this mod made anything with sitght distanse for tanks\aircrafts?

- and that i can see ground units and aircraft from ~30 km with out any mods... its just some graphics setting :)

By the way wahat is cool, to see the building from afar? - i mean that buildings is not so important in online game.... instead of units :)

[sIGPIC]http://xplight.h15.ru/bdv/bdv_logo.gif[/sIGPIC]

Дадим стране угля, - мелкого, но многа!

i mean:

- is this mod made anything with sitght distanse for tanks\aircrafts?

- and that i can see ground units and aircraft from ~30 km with out any mods... its just some graphics setting :)

By the way wahat is cool, to see the building from afar? - i mean that buildings is not so important in online game.... instead of units :)

This mod affects the scene objects only. The units you added in the mission editor won't be affected.

If you don't care the close range pop-up objects, you don't need this mod.

But you can try this mod and see the differences. You can crank down the visible distances and get some extra fps effectively if you don't need to see them far. The method is described in the mod page.

TekaTeka from Japan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi TT

On your web page u state the modified distances. What were the original distances?

Also how does the coefficient calc work??

These are just for interest really

Great work as always - looking fwd to trying the mod :)

---------

System: i7-8700k @ 4.9GHz; Nvidia RTX 2080ti; 32GB (2 x 16) DDR4 @ 3333Mz Ram; ASUS ROG Strix z370-E; SSD Drive; Oculus Rift-S; Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog

Hi TT

On your web page u state the modified distances. What were the original distances?

Also how does the coefficient calc work??

These are just for interest really

Great work as always - looking fwd to trying the mod :)

The original distances were chaos and spread out to the various distances. No certain rules were there. So I brought in the new order.

I think there are 3 (or more) values related to determine each distance . All models have certain visibility values "A1,A2,A3...", \Bazar\structtable.sht (which I modified) holds another visibility values "B1,B2,B3..." and \Config\graphics.cfg (which you can edit) has a value "C" which alters all models visibility all together. The final visible distance of each model will be multiplications of all 3 values; AX*BX*C. Looks like there are also some exceptional rules which I'm not sure yet. Anyway you can alter all models visible distances all together by changing the coefficient "C". For example, if you increase it from 40 to 50 (25% up), the visible distances will be 25% farther.

Does this explanation make sense?

TekaTeka from Japan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That makes perfect sense - thankyou.

I tried the mod last night and as I noticed more pop-up at long distances - maybe I need to change the fog 1 and fog perameters in the graphics.cfg to get them to fade in like they currently do.

Thanks again for finding how/why the objects pop up

Cheers

JP

PS - Coastline mod is great :)

---------

System: i7-8700k @ 4.9GHz; Nvidia RTX 2080ti; 32GB (2 x 16) DDR4 @ 3333Mz Ram; ASUS ROG Strix z370-E; SSD Drive; Oculus Rift-S; Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog

Be careful with the fog peramiters... I looked at these a while back to try and stop the buildings being so transparent, but it had negative effects when you played in varied weather conditions and was considered an exploit on some HL servers...

:(

That said, if you're going to be reducing the values, you should be going the other way, but may well end up with even more transparencey at close range...

(next mod for you TekaTeka :thumbup: )

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IMO this is one of the best mods that has come out - makes a massive visual impact (along with birdy's tree mod)

I have found the best combination as follows.......

- Install the medium structures visibility mod

- Set the visible ring to High (yes I know we just installed the med vis mod - but this gives better results)

- edit the graphics.cfg to the following.......

High

{

near_clip = 0.2;

middle_clip = 4.;

far_clip = 80000;

structures = {65, 8500};

trees = {100000, 10000};

dynamic = {300, 20000};

objects = {4000, 70000};

mirage = {4000, 20000};

surface = {20000, 80000};

lights = {100, 50000};

lod = 1.5;

}

FogParam1 = 15.5;

FogParam2 = 1.1;

ObjectFogMultiplier = 0.8;

---------------------

This is a sene form in game

http://www.picoodle.com/view.php?srv=img35&img=/9/7/10/f_nopopm_fea65be.jpg

Great job TT :D

---------

Hello,

How do I install your mods? I'm using modman but do I still have to adjust the graphics.cfg manualy or will modman do all of that for me for the Coastline Mod, Tree Shader Mod and Structures Visibility Mod? Also with your coastline mod I noticed that there is an .exe file as well, do I have to run that seperatley?

Thank you.

Hello,

How do I install your mods? I'm using modman but do I still have to adjust the graphics.cfg manualy or will modman do all of that for me for the Coastline Mod, Tree Shader Mod and Structures Visibility Mod? Also with your coastline mod I noticed that there is an .exe file as well, do I have to run that seperatley?

Thank you.

The graphics.cfg editing is optional. But the config tweaks can improve your visuals and performance if you do them correctly. Read and understand the descriptions before you do the editing.

And ModMan handles the .exe files. You should not touch those files.

Thanks for your interests to my mods.

TekaTeka from Japan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi TekaTeka,

I am having this mod conflict with another. It conflicts with MBot's static structures mod, which i really like. I am wondering, since the conflicting file is the structtable.sht can i ask is there a way to change the values nessesary, or how can i make this work?

I have concluded the reason that it doesnt work is becuase when you change the visibility distances, they wont change for the other mod.

I know that MBots mod has nothing to do with yours, but wondered if you had any advice