If you're happy with your joystick, clap your hands

davevegas901

What joystick-throttle are you happy with in DCS that's not

a $400 setup?

None of my good old stuff works anymore, suncom f-15e and flcs tqs :^(

would love if it did! It was great back in the day.

I have a Rhino setup on the way.

What else works well and has lots of buttons?

And I have seen the articles on USB conversion for suncom and thrustmaster stuff

and the guy in france that sells the tqs plug-in USB. I may tackle that another day,

but it's too big a project for now.

Edited by davevegas901
more information

I’m really happy with my TM Cougar ... but it costed 400 on its day, so probably it doesnt count :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I got my first Warthog HOTAS for $350 and many years later when the throttle "bricked", I bought another complete Warthog HOTAS for $380. At one point a couple of years ago, Dell sold the Warthog for $300. If you can get the complete HOTAS (both the throttle and stick together) for $400 or less, the Warthog is the clear choice for DCS World.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CH fighterstick and Pro throttle . Lasts forever , high-quality switches and lots of them , solid axes . I just wish they would make a dual Hotas throttle :(

And why is this thread in the VKB forum ??

Edited by Svsmokey

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

On the cheap, I bought a Speedlink airrow, which is a vague copy of a VKB gladiator. For the money, really good

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

I got my first Warthog HOTAS for $350 and many years later when the throttle "bricked", I bought another complete Warthog HOTAS for $380. At one point a couple of years ago, Dell sold the Warthog for $300. If you can get the complete HOTAS (both the throttle and stick together) for $400 or less, the Warthog is the clear choice for DCS World.

If you still have them, TM sells the throttle main board as a spare part.

If you still have them, TM sells the throttle main board as a spare part.

They were out of stock at the time and wouldn't have them in stock for months, so I bought a complete new HOTAS. The throttle by itself cost almost as much as the complete set. The new stick is apparently a better build block, because it doesn't seem to have the sticktion problems of my original stick. But I fly with a VKB stick now, so I have two Warthog sticks collecting dust, one new and unused. One day I will try to get a new board and fix my first throttle. At that point, I may begin building a 2nd sim pit using the new Warthog stick.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They were out of stock at the time and wouldn't have them in stock for months, so I bought a complete new HOTAS. The throttle by itself cost almost as much as the complete set. The new stick is apparently a better build block, because it doesn't seem to have the sticktion problems of my original stick. But I fly with a VKB stick now, so I have two Warthog sticks collecting dust, one new and unused. One day I will try to get a new board and fix my first throttle. At that point, I may begin building a 2nd sim pit using the new Warthog stick.

It would be interesting to get details on "a better build block". I would like to know how they resolved stiction issues.

I have Gladiator pro MK1 and Im very pleased with it. A great felling with that progressive resistance and the metal gymbal system is durable. The inputs are very precise. I like KG12 grip as it is a perfect fit for average sized fist unlike MCG. Then there is kosmosima grip now which feels better for not gigantic fists..