[NO BUG] Lack of binding to physical buttons?

imaner76

Why is a large number of in cockpit buttons and dials not able to be bound to a physical button? This must be an oversight, if not what do we do if we use physical buttons and not a mouse to play? :joystick:

Can not apply/release the parking brake, kneel etc unless you take your hands off find the mouse then click the screen....:doh:

Edited by IronMike

I'm enjoying the most expensive free game in history. Leave me alone. :joystick::pilotfly:

+1

Especially when using VR this is a killer!

The reduced resolution of what you can see in VR (which is not HB‘s fault I admit) + museum-like weathered and hard to read labels in the cockpit + fiddeling with the mouse to get the correct click spoils the immersion.

You spend way too long with your head down to be able to really control the tomcat.

Mostly then the cat rides you instead of you joy-riding the cat.

So please have a Look into that.

Surprising that not even the DLC and wing sweep controls are bound to anything, considering it's almost never possible to mouse click on buttons/switches that are on movable surfaces like the stick/throttle.

I have those bound to my HOTAS, not sure what's your problem with these specifically...

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

Same as OP, that they didn't have key bindings. It's only a minor quality of life issue really as you can create key bindings yourself, it's just surprising there aren't any to start with for essential controls.

Edit: sorry, let me clarify. There are key bindings, but no keys actually assigned by default.

Edited by electricaltill

A couple of other key bindings I would like to have:

1) Emergency Jettison

2) Hook - toggle (There are hook up, down, up/otherwise down, down/otherwise up bindings but no toggle as far as I could see)

3) Flaps to an axis

Edited by Merlins51

I have those bound to my HOTAS, not sure what's your problem with these specifically...

Yesterday I couldn't find the thumbwheel press binding. Did I miss it or is it not available?

The training mission talks about it to engage manoeuvring flaps instead of moving the flaps handle.

This I missed also. How am I supposed to control maneuver flaps without being able to control the lever position aside from fully up/fully down

:helpsmilie:

i havent set up much buttons yet tbh, but yeah...i have a few axis to spare, and especially things like the flaps are a must on a slider tbh...with the mouse you can control the lever smoothly...with a button its just full down or retracted.

the button presses should work like an axis too imo, so that you can move the lever smoothly with the buttons too, but an axis to set would be most welcome.

Yesterday I couldn't find the thumbwheel press binding. Did I miss it or is it not available?

The training mission talks about it to engage manoeuvring flaps instead of moving the flaps handle.

With DLC disengaged, the DLC thumbwheel controls the maneuvering flaps.

Screen_190314_145857.thumb.png.baebed4a673f3062ef31329abc42d895.png

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

My hotas is a Thrustmaster cougar, Realsim. force feedback upgrade, the trigger will not fire guns in the F-14. Seem to be bound to space bar and nothing else. Its the only aircraft that does this.

Some binding issue perhaps!?

Sincerely

Bud

win 10 64bit 32gigs ram ddr, amd 8gigs hotas warthog, cougar, crosswinds

A couple of other key bindings I would like to have:

1) Emergency Jettison

2) Hook - toggle (There are hook up, down, up/otherwise down, down/otherwise up bindings but no toggle as far as I could see)

3) Flaps to an axis

4) Salute (required on carrier in order to take-off)

+6.023E23

Button and axis bindings are missing all over the place. This isn't really a bug; more a a "Work in Progress" issue, but worth putting on that white board where you keep your priority lists.

Mod lives up to the hype, which is rare. Awesome job, everyone!

• 2 weeks later...