Running request - Bindable Button / Axis options

maverickturner

Are the ARC-159 freq mode and function increase and decrease bindings working correctly for anyone? For me they seem not to work as intended. Channel preset selector +/- works like a charm.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Fixes:

Bingo selection knob which rotations very, very slowly

Jester Additions:

Radar scan beamwith selection

Radar barscan selection

TID orientation/presentation selection (Center, decenter, track up, north up)

Rational being, Jester isn't a human and isn't really in control of the radar or what the fluight crew wants to search for, that's going to be the human pilot flying the aircraft. Idea is to allow the pilot better customize what his TID looks like to best assist him with finding and sorting targets, as well as viewing the battle space around him

Pilot commands:

Afterburner detent bind and special options

as detailed HERE

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

Raffson, BRILLIANT! I wish I could help with coding but all of you are Fricking awesome for doing all this! Thank you!!

i7-7700K, 32GB DDR4, 525GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080Ti 11GB, Liquid Cooling, Win 10, Warthog HOTAS, TPR Pedals, HP Reverb, Oculus Rift with Touch, Jetseat and bass shakers, PointCTRL, and Scale F-14B Cockpit

Radar stabilisation binding is reversed. "Stab in, else out" does "Stab out, else in" and vice versa.

Noticed a similar issue with the "Fuel Dump On, else Off" switch...

Raffson, BRILLIANT! I wish I could help with coding but all of you are Fricking awesome for doing all this! Thank you!!

Glad you like it! If you're interested, I can always break it down to you how the lua files work regarding controls...

Edited by Raffson

Gigabyte X470 AORUS UG

Ryzen 5 2600X

NVidia GTX 1070Ti 8GB

Vengance RGB DDR4 32GB

TrackIR5

TM HOTAS Warthog

Cold/Hot mic binding in the RIO seat is bugged as well.

Assuming you're looking for a switch that turns to hot mic if you turn it on and back to cold when you turn it off, as in "HOT MIC, else COLD MIC" sort of control, then I got you back :D

Made a switch for that too, code goes as follows:

{down = device_commands.RADIO_ICS_Func_RIO, up = device_commands.RADIO_ICS_Func_RIO, cockpit_device_id = devices.ICS, value_down = 0, value_up = -0.5, name = _('ICS Function HOT MIC, else COLD MIC'), category = _('Radio')},

I noticed the values -0.5 and -1 for cold mic, 0 for hot mic & 0.5 and 1 for override work, so my guess is it's coded "if value < 0 then cold mic, else if value == 0 then hot mic, else override"

EDIT: damn, you said RIO.. I just realise the same thing now... looking at command_defs.lua, I'm trying to find RADIO_ICS_Func_RIO or something alike, but can't see it..

EDIT2: nvm, I'm blind... code's edited.. should work now, though I'm gonna test it real quick to verify...

EDIT3: k so works on my end, and it makes me realize you could create a RIO-trainer control set where you could flip switches for the pilot from the back seat, even though that takes all realism away I guess it could be good from an educational point of view.. for example the instructor having the ability to adjust trim.. dunno but there's potential there :p

Edited by Raffson

Gigabyte X470 AORUS UG

Ryzen 5 2600X

NVidia GTX 1070Ti 8GB

Vengance RGB DDR4 32GB

TrackIR5

TM HOTAS Warthog

Not sure if this has been asked for but:

"Refuel prob extend (Fill all) | Else off" Option

Would love to have a switch on my warthog to flip it up to Extend the probe, fill all tanks, and flip switch back and have the probe retract.

I've been looking at the controls and noticed it's still not there after the last update so meanwhile you can copy-paste this line into "Mods\aircraft\F14\Input\F-14B-Pilot\joystick\default.lua", right around line 148 if you haven't touched the file so far:

{down = device_commands.FUELSYSTEM_Refuel_Probe, up = device_commands.FUELSYSTEM_Refuel_Probe, cockpit_device_id=devices.FUELSYSTEM, value_down = 1, value_up = -1, name = _('Refuel Probe extend, Refuel All, else Retract Probe'), category = _('Fuelsystem Control Panel')},

Gigabyte X470 AORUS UG

Ryzen 5 2600X

NVidia GTX 1070Ti 8GB

Vengance RGB DDR4 32GB

TrackIR5

TM HOTAS Warthog

Please can you provide bindings which separate out the two layers of controls for the LANTIRN S4 hat, so that they don't have to be on the same hat? E.g. a set of bindings for the Qxxx controls separate from the gain/level controls. This doesn't have to affect the bindings already there.

Please can you provide bindings which separate out the two layers of controls for the LANTIRN S4 hat, so that they don't have to be on the same hat? E.g. a set of bindings for the Qxxx controls separate from the gain/level controls. This doesn't have to affect the bindings already there.

You mean the axis commands? Cause I'm not following what you're trying to say..

Axis for the emergency wing sweep handle and a toggle button to push/pull it up/down would be nice, so we can bind the warthog throttle small slider for it.

Not sure if there's a toggle function for the handle but I can surely make it a switch, as for binding the axis, I'll give it a try later cause I have an idea that might work..

Gigabyte X470 AORUS UG

Ryzen 5 2600X

NVidia GTX 1070Ti 8GB

Vengance RGB DDR4 32GB

TrackIR5

TM HOTAS Warthog

You mean the axis commands? Cause I'm not following what you're trying to say..
Each button on the S4 hat has an A function and a B function. At the moment there is only a single A/B binding, and you use the slider on the LANTIRN joystick to switch between the functions without a visual indication which is selected.

If there were separate bindings for the A and B functions I can use a modifier on my HOTAS or just different buttons altogether.

Edited by electricaltill

Axis for the emergency wing sweep handle and a toggle button to push/pull it up/down would be nice, so we can bind the warthog throttle small slider for it.

So as I thought, I got something to work though you'll have to tweak the axis-tune:

{action=device_commands.WINGSWEEP_EmergencySweepLever, cockpit_device_id=devices.WINGSWEEP, name=_('Emergency Wing Sweep')},

Each button on the S4 hat has an A function and a B function. At the moment there is only a single A/B binding, and you use the slider on the LANTIRN joystick to switch between the functions without a visual indication which is selected.

If there were separate bindings for the A and B functions I can use a modifier on my HOTAS or just different buttons altogether.

Either I'm missing something fundamental, or these bindings are already available...

Gigabyte X470 AORUS UG

Ryzen 5 2600X

NVidia GTX 1070Ti 8GB

Vengance RGB DDR4 32GB

TrackIR5

TM HOTAS Warthog

So as I thought, I got something to work though you'll have to tweak the axis-tune:

{action=device_commands.WINGSWEEP_EmergencySweepLever, cockpit_device_id=devices.WINGSWEEP, name=_('Emergency Wing Sweep')},

Either I'm missing something fundamental, or these bindings are already available...

Thanks a lot Raffson. Will try to see how it works

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is it possible to use axis controls for the two RIO PTTs? My understanding is that they used foot pedals for this. It would be great to use our existing rudder pedal wheelbrake axis.

Currently 2 options are available for PTT axis controls:

-ICS Button ICS (Intercom) PTT (axis threshold)

-ICS Button MIC (UHF) PTT (axis threshold)

If you haven't tried those out I suggest you start there, if that doesn't suit your needs I can try some tricks but no guarantees it'll actually work...

Gigabyte X470 AORUS UG

Ryzen 5 2600X

NVidia GTX 1070Ti 8GB

Vengance RGB DDR4 32GB

TrackIR5

TM HOTAS Warthog

Don't worry about it.

Yeah well, I guess I just had to :p So I think I understand the issue though I can't help you out here since these "functions" are "hard-wired" into the code. The next best thing is probably to make a switch for the AGC/MGC button but since it's a toggle with 3 states it might not be ideal to have a switch. As for the Laser/Focus button, the Laser part is a toggle with 2 states so a switch could work, though I'm not sure about the Focus part...

Gigabyte X470 AORUS UG

Ryzen 5 2600X

NVidia GTX 1070Ti 8GB

Vengance RGB DDR4 32GB

TrackIR5

TM HOTAS Warthog

Yeah well, I guess I just had to So I think I understand the issue though I can't help you out here since these "functions" are "hard-wired" into the code.

Well... we're here to ask HB to change/add things aren't we? :-)

Basically a lot of us use modifier buttons to add functions on our HOTAS, and as you say this is hard coded for these particular functions, which is a bit restrictive.

In other words pressing S4 left has an A function and B function, depending on the position of the slider on the LANTIRN stick. At the moment when you're binding controls it is impossible not to have the A and B functions on the same button because of this, and I think we should be able to bind them to different buttons if we want to.

Thanks all for the submissions! We've implemented the following low-hanging fruit items now, but they will only be in the ED build in the neeeext openbeta cycle, not today's release unfortunately.

Fix pilot ICS hot/cold/override keybinds.
Fix sticky master caution keybind.
Add some community-supplied keybinds for: throttle mode, oxygen, emer wing sweep cover,
eng/probe anti ice, asymm thrust limiter, hydraulic transfer pump, fuel feed, anti skid.

We'll check the top post in this thread from time to time, and systematically start adding items from that list.

Heatblur Simulations

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is it possible to use axis controls for the two RIO PTTs? My understanding is that they used foot pedals for this. It would be great to use our existing rudder pedal wheelbrake axis.

This should work already, check axis bindings for RIO.

Heatblur Simulations

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fix:

Bingo selection knob which rotations very, very slowly

Jester Additions:

Radar scan beamwith selection

Radar barscan selection

TID orientation/presentation selection (Center, decenter, track up, north up)

Rational being, Jester isn't a human and isn't really in control of the radar or what the fluight crew wants to search for, that's going to be the human pilot flying the aircraft. Idea is to allow the pilot better customize what his TID looks like to best assist him with finding and sorting targets, as well as viewing the battle space around him

Pilot commands:

Afterburner detent bind and special options

as detailed HERE

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

Thanks all for the submissions! We've implemented the following low-hanging fruit items now, but they will only be in the ED build in the neeeext openbeta cycle, not today's release unfortunately.

Fix pilot ICS hot/cold/override keybinds.
Fix sticky master caution keybind.
Add some community-supplied keybinds for: throttle mode, oxygen, emer wing sweep cover,
eng/probe anti ice, asymm thrust limiter, hydraulic transfer pump, fuel feed, anti skid.

We'll check the top post in this thread from time to time, and systematically start adding items from that list.

Thanks for working with us! I'm sure I can speak for everyone here when we say we are genuinely appreciative of this. I'll update the list accordingly as things are added.