[NO BUG] unable to find enemy aircraft

steelrfan85

I am having a heck of a time finding air targets. Jester keeps saying nails and even told me the aircraft was at 12 o clock but I didn't see anything. I had SW armed and the tone seemed to had picked up something but never found anything. What am I doing wrong? I have labels turned on as well but not seeing anything red in the air. I am flying the first mission.

Edited by IronMike

I had the same problem on the Sidewinder training mission. He says there is a plane at 12 O'clock but I can't see it. I had Jester activate close in radar and I had a contact 11 miles out directly ahead. Sudden he losses this contact, tells me bandit is at 3 O'clock, then 9 O'clock. I can't see anyone, nothing on the radar (Jester says he can't do the function). Labels are on.

None of the training missions have working labels for the f14. I don't know if that's DCS in general or not.

Opening the training missions in ME don't show labels being locked out so I don't know where it's coming from.

What I haven't tried is moving the Miz file to a different location or playing it from the editor.

I have tried doing missions myself in my mission editor and still don't see anything. I am glad but frustrated that I am not the only person having this struggle. I never see any labels and I never can see the aircraft unlike in the training mission I have a visible object.

Labels aren't working in (at least two of) the training missions. As mentioned above, they are not locked out in the ME. I have just copied the Guns training mission, enforced FULL labels, saved as, and played the copy of the mission and the labels appear just fine. So there's a weird bug there. If I load an F-5E mission then labels are appearing as expected, it just seems to be the F-14 with the issue AFAIK.

PC specs:

Same experience here, I couldn't spot anything in the sidewinder training mission even though the enemy aircraft was just a few miles away per F10 map screen.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

Labels aren't working in (at least two of) the training missions. As mentioned above, they are not locked out in the ME. I have just copied the Guns training mission, enforced FULL labels, saved as, and played the copy of the mission and the labels appear just fine. So there's a weird bug there. If I load an F-5E mission then labels are appearing as expected, it just seems to be the F-14 with the issue AFAIK.

Tks for the tip, worked like a charm, flew the mission before and thought I was doing something wrong.

J

System:

I9 9900KS 5.0GHz : 2080Ti : MSI Z390 GODLike : 32Gb Vengance 4000MHz DDR4 : Samsung 970 1TB Evo Plus, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB : ViewSonic 4K 32"

Windows 10 : HOTAS - Warthog : TPR Pedals : HP Reverb Pro

Yeah, it was driving me nuts for a while. I spent far too long pressing all the F keys, checking my settings, running a DCS repair before checking another aircraft and realising this was F-14 specific.

I also suspect this is why the spotting issue is suddenly getting more comments - because no labels, not even dots are working and so all those F-14 pilots who usually use labels are suddenly realising how hard spotting is!

PC specs:

We've been having a recent discussion on it here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3843506#post3843506

Thankfully, despite the bizarre attempts of a minority in the thread to dismiss the issue entirely, NineLine has acknowledged the issue again and reported that ED are looking at visual cues that might assist. I'm not hopeful that we'll see much inprovement soon unfortunately.

PC specs:

Same issue here. I run DCS in 2k on a 32in screen (+TIR 5) with most graphic settings maxed out. On the F-14 gun training mission, I can hardly spot enemy planes farther away than 1 or 2 miles. And even then, they appear as a tiny collection of formless dots and you cannot identify them for what they are (in this case, I went straight to WP3 and Mig-23s as I entirely missed the F-5s). I don't have that issue with the F-18.

I recently watched

when it comes to spotting enemy planes from afar. But the F-14 issue seems to be different: it's about spotting planes from far away as well as up close.

Do note also that I usually don't use labels. I've been practicing dogfighting without labels in the F-18 for a few months now.

Wishlist: Tornado ADV/IDS, Blackburn Buccaneer, Super Mystère B2, Saab J 35 Draken,

I had the same issue in the guns training after the first drone. I play in VR and normally I can see targets but at waypoint 2 he kept calling them out yet I saw absolutely nothing.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Happy to see this thread too. I paused the Sidewinder Training Mission when I got to the F5's and traced them down on the satellite map - 2 miles on my 11'oclock and had to examine every pixel on a 27" monitor to find them. At a minimum, the engine smoke should be more visible. I don't want to need labels, but one black pixel at 2 miles isn't gonna cut it. They need a fix or an option to adjust that hopefully most online communities adopt.