SR71 Blackbird Project

ok guys,

i have done some research and talked to some diffrent people.

all came up independent form each other with the facts, that at the moment, all ai planes that are made flyable have the flightcharacteristics of the su27 or 33.

they assume that it will be diffrent with black shark, bur i guess for bs we have to wait

therefor i will try to replace it with some ugly old plane that is not very often used in fc

i hope the meinit datas that could be changed will have an effect.

does anybody know?

ok guys,

all came up independent form each other with the facts, that at the moment, all ai planes that are made flyable have the flightcharacteristics of the su27 or 33.

they assume that it will be diffrent with black shark, bur i guess for bs we have to wait

therefor i will try to replace it with some ugly old plane that is not very often used in fc

does anybody know?

It won't change the flight characteristics at all, only some the max weight, altitude, speed, but do not expect any serious change.

Don not wait 'till BS comes out. It'll take some time I think my life will be end up in a trash, as it'll be finished.

So make it FC compatible, please.

Kepp up the good work, Borchi.

Because almost all of the models out there are published. You can only do certain things with them. It a form of plagerizing that is illegal by internation law AFAIK. Since many are not free, when you pay for it, you can do what you want with it, but you are not allowed to distribute it. That would defeat the purpose of paying!

So this way he can make his model and choose to not license it, giving us the ability to use it too!

While you may be right, I would find it very, VERY hard to believe that there aren't several (free for commercial use) models available. Moreoever, they've probably been available for 10 years.

The ones that are usually free for commerical use either don't have enough poly for a good model, or it has way too much poly for lock on. Also, there may be issues with innaccurate shapes...etc. So i guess that's why most people would want to make their own to avoid all the potential troubles.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ok guys,

you got me wrong.

i meant that we would have to wait until black shark till we can use the thrust of the mig31.

i did not say that i want to wait to finish to model until black shark is out.

this week i had to stop with the 3d work because some work killed my timetable, but next week i will get back to it i promise.

so check the threat, every day something new can be updated :-)

check your six and stay tuned

borchi

WL1188030971W46cfe9fb82dc6-SR7131.jpg

WI1188031024W46cfea302aa3d-SR7132.jpg

well folks, i did not get far this week,

all project were put to a hold, bvut only for this week, because i am working on animations for a homepage of my best friend, a DJ and musicproducer.

next week, so far my timetables allows it, but it looks good, i will get back to the blackbird and the a-10 fueltank.

first i will start to work on the troubles of the a-10 fueltank, which i want to get done finaly.

hope you understand that.

sorry

greetings, borchi

p.s.: for all, the blackbird will be released before blackshark comes on the market, i hope at least :-)

or they are way quicker then i think, but i hope they are.

ok guys,

does anybody know?

I'm looking for the same info.

I want the B52, TU95 and stuff flying by altering the weight etc.

So any good thought would be very much respected!!!

I also have the same problem of not getting any info except that people are NOT recommending to change the MEINIT.

I'll keep my ears open en you posted, okay?

Keep up the good work on the SKUNK WORKS!!!

Peace Dr.T

The weight doesn't matter much, what counts if the payload capibility, you can have a plane that has an empty weight of 1 kg and a max take off weight of 100000, the game somehow takes that range (1-100000 kg) and uses it for the FM handling characteristics. So decreasing weight won't work, you also need to reduce the max payload weight, and fuel load. In fact, the fuel load is the problem, as the minimum is 20%, so you need a total fuel weight of no more than 9400 kg, or something like that. But not 40000 kg, as it will make the plane unflyable.

Best way to do it is experiment with weights and see what works best. Just watsch out that you don't load up more fuel than the maximum weight of the plane, then lomac will crash.

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

WL1188030971W46cfe9fb82dc6-SR7131.jpg

WI1188031024W46cfea302aa3d-SR7132.jpg

well folks, i did not get far this week,

all project were put to a hold, bvut only for this week, because i am working on animations for a homepage of my best friend, a DJ and musicproducer.

next week, so far my timetables allows it, but it looks good, i will get back to the blackbird and the a-10 fueltank.

first i will start to work on the troubles of the a-10 fueltank, which i want to get done finaly.

hope you understand that.

sorry

greetings, borchi

p.s.: for all, the blackbird will be released before blackshark comes on the market, i hope at least :-)

or they are way quicker then i think, but i hope they are.

Your project looks always better and better.

You did a beautiful job so far. Thank you for it.

:thumbsup:

first the model has to be done.

well then i assume alot of testing with the fm, because it will unfortunaly to fc, have the flightcharacteristics of the su27k also known as su33.

will see, i hope that it will reach up to 80000 feet and makes mach 3.0+ like the real one, but i guess that we have to manipulate alot on the weight and many other things

just give me time to finish the model and the animations. oplease be paitient, i also need to be, because i need at some parts help from tomcatz who is right now absent.

greetings borchi

• 3 weeks later...

jup i am still working on it.

right now i am working on the ejectionseat and cockpit.

well time is the only thing that sometimes makes trouble, cause my university takes alot of it.

well i talked to yeniceri, and he is a very helping hand.

okay, i have no further pictures right now, cause the progress is not so far that i think pictures are worth it yet.

lets wait untill the end of next week. ok?

i have holidays and time now :-)