OT: ArmA II

Yeah, i have the same. It also crashed into the wall. The mission was actualy nice. Especialy when you love to snipe and search always for new spots.

The only thing that i dislike is that you have the M24 and not the M107! hehehe

DCS World, A10C, AV8B, M2k, FA18C, FC3, MIG21

I also heard from a cop friend of mine that they used to have gunfights with the bad guys 4 meters away

I saw some video on the news a few years ago of a cop in Manilla (I think) trying to arrest a guy with a knife.

The cop had a revolver, and the guy with the knife rushed him - he shot & missed, then started running down the street away from the guy - shooting over his shoulder, he emptied the gun without hitting him once, then the guy caught him & stabbed him.

Cheers.

I saw some video on the news a few years ago of a cop in Manilla (I think) trying to arrest a guy with a knife.

The cop had a revolver, and the guy with the knife rushed him - he shot & missed, then started running down the street away from the guy - shooting over his shoulder, he emptied the gun without hitting him once, then the guy caught him & stabbed him.

Well, I don't like revolvers. The (single action only) trigger pull is harder and as such, the accuracy gets sacrificed due to the extra finger movement during pull. If he had a high-capacity, say a 16 rnd 9mm XD or Glock or Beretta or whatever, he would have better chances of hitting the bad guy.

Nevertheless, the situation you describe is a bit weird and I don't know all the details. If he had a fair distance from the perp and was pointing his firearm towards him, he should have been able to react on time and stop the threat.

But of course, apart from the technical side of things (learning how to handle a firearm) there is also a mental aspect, ie. being focused and not cracking under pressure. This is the difference between well trained and badly trained cop/security guard/soldier.

This can also happen due to the low crime rate in some places where the police officiers are just not used to pulling out their guns and actually using them (other then on a shooting range).

Well, I don't like revolvers. The (single action only) trigger pull is harder and as such, the accuracy gets sacrificed due to the extra finger movement during pull. If he had a high-capacity, say a 16 rnd 9mm XD or Glock or Beretta or whatever, he would have better chances of hitting the bad guy.

Nevertheless, the situation you describe is a bit weird and I don't know all the details. If he had a fair distance from the perp and was pointing his firearm towards him, he should have been able to react on time and stop the threat.

But of course, apart from the technical side of things (learning how to handle a firearm) there is also a mental aspect, ie. being focused and not cracking under pressure. This is the difference between well trained and badly trained cop/security guard/soldier.

This can also happen due to the low crime rate in some places where the police officiers are just not used to pulling out their guns and actually using them (other then on a shooting range).

A similar sort of thing happened in Vietnam where a NZ patrol got ambushed by 2 guys with an RPG which killed a young Soldier who was on his first patrol. 2 of the guys in his patrol threw their weapons on the ground and pulled out their Machetes and ran at the 2 Vietcong who then dropped their RPG and AK47 and tried to run away but got caught and chopped up. I also once saw a guy try to shoot someone with a 38 special and missed at a range of 2m but I think it was more to do with not holding the weapon firmly and aiming as well as trigger pull. Maybe he would have had better luck throwing the gun at him.(it was 2 brothers fighting over a woman-just as well he missed:lol:)

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

I still donґt believe much in this 2 eyes opens.. Just do a circle with your hand put it just away from your leading eye and try to focus with both eyes open... it doesnґt work right. Much less for a sniping quality shoot.

Both eyes open remain for short to medium distance where you only need a reasonable degree of direction with the iron sight since thereґs few chances to miss due to the closeness of the foe + acurracy of the weapon.

As a fact now i remember various GW2 footages showing soldiers closing eyes for dificult shooting.

I think it boils down to the individual although most people shoot with both open. As far as sniper rifles are concerned I think in future it probably won't matter if they start using digital sights future weapons will probably aim themselves and all you do is put the cursor on the bad guy or target. I've seen a video of future developments where the assault rifle has a camera and the soldiers helmet has a tv and he can aim the weapon around corners and also the weapon is recoiless. Looks sort of like a Bobba fett outfit.:music_whistling:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Not entirely true. You use one to aim over ironsights or scope, the other looks in direction of the target for situational awareness.

You use both eyes to aim with weapons in real life, only amatuers use one eye the 2nd eye allows extra detail and faster reaction time. What Arma adds to FPS that no other has before is the ability to tilt your head and move it independently of the rest of the body and also the ability to lean around corners and fire with a trakir. No other FPS has this ability, Arma is made by the same guys who make VBS1 and 2 which is what the real soldiers use to train with. BTW you can also hold your breath when firing in Arma another feature which is what is vital when firing real weapons against distant targets or people.

There are several resons why both eyes peripheral vision is obviously one of them, faster reaction time and better detail.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

I still donґt believe much in this 2 eyes opens.. Just do a circle with your hand put it just away from your leading eye and try to focus with both eyes open... it doesnґt work right. Much less for a sniping quality shoot.

Naturally it requires training. Snipers or even rifleman for that matter aren't taught with a rolled hand up to the eye. The experience is entirely different. When you learn to use both eyes, what you ultimately see is a near full field of view with crosshairs.

What is amusing though, particularly in TV or movies, is when some action star blinks when they fire a shot. That is the hallmark of a nub.

Anyway, back on topic of this off topic thread, ArmA, whilst cool in some regards is rediculous in others. Take for example the 250 or 450cc dirtbike (cant remember bore size). Anyway, you try to drive that thing up the tiniest of off road hill and it almost goes backwards. That thing should be wheel standing all the way up. Same goes with trucks etc. Driving along a road and if you just touch the gravelly fringe, the truck slows right down like its driving in 1ft deep mud. The ground vehicle dynamics are terrible.

I think it boils down to the individual although most people shoot with both open. As far as sniper rifles are concerned I think in future it probably won't matter if they start using digital sights future weapons will probably aim themselves and all you do is put the cursor on the bad guy or target. I've seen a video of future developments where the assault rifle has a camera and the soldiers helmet has a tv and he can aim the weapon around corners and also the weapon is recoiless. Looks sort of like a Bobba fett outfit.:music_whistling:

I think i saw this video too...

Weapon with camera already exist , i think its more for intel than anything else...

Weapon with cameras already exist, but they seem to have a long caacity and are usually accoupled like a 203. I ґrmember seeing soldiers in GW2 with them, but they didnґt seem to have anything linked to theyr equipment.

I donґt think they were actually used as project landwarrior... yet.

It would be a good way to review operational action, control cop suspect of not so lawfull actions ..couple them to their weapons and add a double trigger... first stage initiate camera second the normal shooting.

Weapons donґt have to be heavy, there are tinny camera today.

naa, they realy use it to aim around corners and so on. realy cool....i also thought that this system was in the landwarrior project?

But those weapons look kinda heavy though.....:huh:

The weapon that carries the camera is a recoiless .22 with caseless ammunition from what I can remember. Can't have been that good though as they are not in service now and the video is over 10years old.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]