F-16 Variants in DCS

Lt. Scribbles

Will the current variant be the only one in DCS? Or are there others in the pipeline? Ive seen the "AI" MLU in the ME. I just pre ordered this one, but i would buy a MLU variant or "A" airframe with parachute housing in an instant :thumbup:

And i want to thank ED for making the F-16 come true in DCS! its my favorite jet of all time and cant wait to fly it!

• Like 1

RIG SPECS:

-Win 10 professional

-i5 8600k @5.0GHz

-ASUS Maximus X Code

-Samsung 960 Evo 256GB M2 SSD

-Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M2 SSD

-32GB DDR4 RAM @3000MHz

-Asus Strix 1080 Ti 11G

-LG 34UM68-P Monitor

Notebook:

-Win10

- 2018 ASUS ROG GL703gs-E5011T

(i7-8570H, 16GB DDR4, 256GB M2 SSD,GTX1070 8GB.

but an F16A MLU program upgrade has a similar set of capabilities to the CCIP level upgrades of F16C blk's , but is still somewhat inferior considering the AN/APG66 ( even in modernized form in V2 utilizing newer processors and such ) is a smaller radar than the An/ APG68 series radar are a bit larger and thus cant fit into an F16A airframe's nose.

only apg66 V2A, has over the APG68V5, is SAR level A/G mapping, but that SAR capability is something present in export operators of F16C's have with the upgraded AN/APG 68 v9

https://duotechservices.com/7-improvements-the-apg-68-offered-the-f-16-fighting-falcon

So ultimately when comparing contemporary versions AN/APG68 > AN/APG66

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

If anything I would think a substantially different Viper (like a block 20 A variant which would be modern enough yet fit within a late 80’s/early 90’s Cold War scenario) or if they could get enough information a Sufa.

However I expect we will be getting our block 50 to perform cameos as all sorts of Vipers as any additional variant would be seen as low yield (excluding hardcore Viper fans). Hey the Lot 20 Hornet performs a few cameos as well.

If they have enough information, they can also incorporate the Block 50+ variants that are exported to countries like Poland and Greece.

While it will be miles away before the public can get access to information regarding the AGP-68(V9) radar, one major upgrade to the plus variant is the inclusion of conformal fuel tanks.

And if that proves to be difficult, nothing it stopping them from adding the F-16A Block 1. Being the lightest and the most agile F-16 of the bunch, this plane can also play the role of a more modern F-5 as a dogfighter, ground pounder, and aggressor plane.

Edited by macrossMX
  • Like 1

• 4 years later...

Was there ever any answer from ED on this topic (F-16 variants)?

I wish all the planes we have in DCS would get more variants, allowing for scenarios in more timeframes and with more countries. As of today, only few aircrafts, like F14, Gazelle, FW190, etc... have at least 2 variants.

• Like 2

iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, i7 4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, AMD R9 M395X 4 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Cougar MFD | MFG Crosswind | EDTracker Pro | Realteus ForceFeel

DCS World | Bf109 | Fw190 A8/D9 | P47 | P51 | Spitfire | I16 | C101 | L39 | F86F | MiG15 | MiG19 | MiG21 | FC3 | A10C | AJS37 | AV8BNA | F5 | F14 | F16 | F/A18 | M2000 | JF17 | Christen Eagle | Yak52 | SA342 | UH1H | Mi8 | Ka50 | Combined Arms | NS430 | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Syria | NTTR | WWII Assets

32 minutes ago, lwalter said:

Was there ever any answer from ED on this topic (F-16 variants)?

I wish all the planes we have in DCS would get more variants, allowing for scenarios in more timeframes and with more countries. As of today, only few aircrafts, like F14, Gazelle, FW190, etc... have at least 2 variants.

They 1st have to put out of EA Block 50, and polish it, looots of things are still missing or are not working properly. 

Come back in 10yrs

• Like 1

Lol, not really. A simpler versions could be done while in EA. Plus they have made great strides with the Viper lately. It's been a rough road. But it's getting there. Same for the Hornet. Yes they've taken forever. But they are still the most complex aircraft ever attempted for DCS until the F-15E. The question is will we buy it? And is it worth the effort to them?  Also do they hold all Viper versions under lock and key? 

• Like 1