External Fuel tanks

Revientor

Our Viper will be an F-16C with the Common Configuration Implementation Program (CCIP) upgrade. We feel this to be the most versatile version of the F-16 with capabilities for SEAD, precision attack, close air support, anti-ship, and of course air-to-air. We will be taking great care though to develop a very accurate simulation of the F-16C Block 50 operated by the United States Air Force and Air National Guard circa 2007.

Quote by Wags.

USAF F-16CMs does not carry 600 gallon externals, nor does it carry CFTs or have the capability to carry CFTs.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

If the USAF F16 Charlie can carry CFT, why can´t we used it, even if USAF doesnt?

I think should be based on posibility or the design, not in preferences.

regards!

USAF F-16CMs does not carry 600 gallon externals, nor does it carry CFTs or have the capability to carry CFTs.

Again, the USAF F-16 can not carry the CFT. Not a matter of can but doesn't, it CAN NOT carry the CFT.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

If the USAF F16 Charlie can carry CFT, why can´t we used it, even if USAF doesnt?

I think should be based on posibility or the design, not in preferences.

regards!

Because they're modeling a USAF/ANG F-16CM Block 50, not another version.

This shouldn't be a difficult concept, yet for some reason it's proving to be a great conundrum for people.

This shouldn't be a difficult concept, yet for some reason it's proving to be a great conundrum for people.

Seriously. Wags has been very specific about modeling a certain version of the F-16C and not about to play the game of "well-this-user-does-this-with-his-Viper" that would result in an unholy abomination of capability that may or may not (but most likely not) simulate something you could encounter in reality. I looked for the thread where he said this but came up empty.

What's the point of empty tanks?

Masochists...

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Its mainly people wanting them to model a different version...

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Its mainly people wanting them to model a different version...

The simple fact is most people don't understand how Lockheed Martin "Blocks" and "upgrades" work.

They don't understand the version chosen by ED offers the most flexibility.AS FAR AS WEAPONS, SENSORS ETC. ED could have chosen a "Stock" Block 52 F-16CJ from 1999...and we would lose many weapons and sensors. What they chose is a specific block of aircraft that were standardized with a wide range of capabilities so it didn't matter where the jet was deployed from or who was working on it or who was flying it.

They actually did us a favor.

Edited by Sierra99

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

They actually find us a favor.

Exactly. The F-16 is often referred to as the "Burger King" jet because you can "have it your way." Depending on the operator a mid 2000s F-16 could have better capabilities than more modern versions.

ED has selected a version that will cover a wide range of capabilities and make a lot of people happy.

After reading some reference material on F-16.net, I had thought the F-16CM was structurally the same as any other F-16C block 50. No need to be an ass, as I legit thought the block 50/52 were cleared for CFT’s. I had read an article that stated such and how the USAF didn’t feel they were necessary. As a matter of fact, it shows a Spangdahlem jet with them equipped, and discusses their practical use with Wild Weasel jets.

https://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/why-dont-new-u-s-air-force-f-16s-use-these-futuristic-1712746714

Again it was a discussion, some of y’all can put the fangs back in.

After reading some reference material on F-16.net, I had thought the F-16CM was structurally the same as any other F-16C block 50. No need to be an ass, as I legit thought the block 50/52 were cleared for CFT’s. I had read an article that stated such and how the USAF didn’t feel they were necessary. As a matter of fact, it shows a Spangdahlem jet with them equipped, and discusses their practical use with Wild Weasel jets.

https://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/why-dont-new-u-s-air-force-f-16s-use-these-futuristic-1712746714

Again it was a discussion, some of y’all can put the fangs back in.

I think you're mistaken..no USAF F-16's are CFT capable.

Reading the article, 250 USAF F-16CJ’s block 50/52 were delivered optimized for CFT’s, they just aren’t used. Just like the USAF F-15C’s are capable of carrying CFT’s but don’t.

Rogoway is mistaken, and it's not the first time. He's a hot dog vendor that also writes military articles of questionable validity in his spare time.

The USAF Block 50/52's are *incapable* of running CFT's. The CFT's weren't even a factor when the Block 50/52's were designed and delivered in the mid 90's and they've never been refit.