Take off and landing in the Anton

Love that sound of the BWM radial engine! Still waiting for my DCS update to finish - so thanks for sharing.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Hi, I just did my first takeoff and landing in this nice bird.

So did I. Survived both the takeoff and the landing and didn't even bend the bird. All those groundpounding hours in the Dora must've helped. This is one cool machine :thumbup:

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

First video I've yet seen on the new A8 ... very toughtful to show your controls overlay, leting us see how you are flying her .. thank you :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I have accomplished my first flight too. What a lovely lttle bird, thank you very much for this ED! :thumbup:

PS: Recently got into VR, am i the only one who thinks the WW2 birds are way easier to fly in VR?

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

I have accomplished my first flight too. What a lovely lttle bird, thank you very much for this ED! :thumbup:

PS: Recently got into VR, am i the only one who thinks the WW2 birds are way easier to fly in VR?

+1

Yes, the depth perception you gain with VR makes a huge difference!

Absolutely!

Hah, I had the Dora for a while, but wasn't any good at taking off. I managed to lift off maybe 1 time in 10.

In the new FW190, I discovered the circuit breakers. It's much easier when stuff like flaps and gear are working!

(D'oh)

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48K, Kempston joystick Interface, Alba Cassette Recorder, Quickshot II Turbo Joystick

Excellent and helpful video! Thank you!

The training missions for the Anton are all excellent, concise, and accurate. The one for taxi and takeoff procedures is very helpful, and worth doing for new Anton pilots.

Edited by fencible