Great Promo vid for the Su-35!

R-27EP? Never heard of that? Note, this is not R-27ER (cyrilic).

This is where Hajduk is supposed to come in. The EP is an anti-radiation missile against airborne targets. The seeker homes on emissions.

It also seems the body of the missile is not what we are used to?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1418067&postcount=1

Seo libh a chairde is chanadh liom. Líonaigí'n oíche le greann is le spórt. Seo sláinte na gcarad atá imithe uainn. Mar cheo an tsléibhe uaine, iad imithe go deo

Could be a trailer for Lockon 3.0

Is there a HD version of this thing?

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

This is where Hajduk is supposed to come in.
He, he, he … Thanks Tflash.

Well, few books about Russian modern aviation I have do not provide any references to R27-P(EP) missiles. Therefore I don’t have any reliable references to discuss this type of missile.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

He, he, he … Thanks Tflash.

Well, few books about Russian modern aviation I have do not provide any references to R27-P(EP) missiles. Therefore I don’t have any reliable references to discuss this type of missile.

I think i've read the R-27-EP is supposed to be a passive home-on-radar type missile?

edit: a 10 second bash at google came up with this http://forum.keypublishing.co.uk/archive/index.php?t-24787.html

I think i've read the R-27-EP is supposed to be a passive home-on-radar type missile?
Well, here is Vympel web site listing R27-P(EP) missile.

http://vympeltor.com/produkt1.htm

So it looks like it is real. Just like the EA missile, the question is if the P(EP) missile ever entered service. If yes, when and what type of airplane could use it?

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

the question is if the P(EP) missile ever entered service

Yes, ordinary Su-27S/P, circa 1990, the long burn version. But it can only engage in LOBL mode, just like you use X-25MP. Su-27SM and Su-34 can exploit the full kynethic range of the missile, because the system can send out MCCU to the missile, via L-150 and L-175M, respectively.