Samsung odyssey + for dcs?

SpaceMonkey037

Is it logical to buy a Odyssey+ for now? at 299$.

Absolutely, they are $400 CAD here in Canada on sale, so that's a good deal right now IMO. It's still a good HMD option, for sure.

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1

I was running PD 1.8 in steam with DCS set to 1.0. With your system I would think 2.0 PD in steam would be doable.

@Strong05

Thanks... I am not able to locate the PD setting in Steam VR Settings though. I am running the Beta btw.

Intel i7 9700k, 64GB DDR4 (Corsair), Gigabyte Z390 Master, RTX 2080 Ti AMP 11gb, 500GB Sabrent Rocket (System), 1TB XPG Gammix S11 Pro M.2 (DCS), Windows 11 64-bit Pro, Samsung 49" 4K CRG9 Monitor (5120x1440), Samsung Odyssey Plus, TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, Various streamdecks, button boxes, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, Corsair K95 Platinum, Iron Claw mouse.

DCS OB, F-14B Tomcat, F-18C Hornet, F-16C Viper, A-10C Warthog, F-5 Tiger II, AV-8B Harrier, P-51D Mustang, FC3, Super Carrier

Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, (3) Cougar MFD's, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, (2) Stream Decks, (1) Stream Deck XL, (1) Stream Deck Mini, Misc Button Boxes

Also wanted to say make sure you windows "features" are updated to latest.

This is separate from the basic windows update. Go to settings to see this.

They made some changes that rely on that. I wondered my my frames were suffering. Once I updated this (it was a long update too), I am seeing a nice performance bump.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/

They made some changes that rely on that. I wondered my my frames were suffering. Once I updated this (it was a long update too), I am seeing a nice performance bump.

good to know. thanks!

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

Thanks for that, but, do you have any idea which feature is applicable? I'm getting a "Windows Features" dialog with many choices, none of which immediately strike me as significant. But I'm really not sure.

Thanks again,

J

i6700k 4.4mhz, 32Gb, nVidia 1080, Odyssey+, CH Products, Derek Speare Designs button box, Bass shaker w/SimShaker For Aviators

I would like to know good DCS settings as well. I also have an Odyssey+ with a 5 Ghz 9700K and a RTX2070 (which is probably 60 % of a 2080ti I suppose ).

I have shadows off, MSAA off, water low, etc (most very low settings ) but it just isn't smooth even with reprojection=auto. I have build 1903 and all the blurriness updates so the image is clear. Aerofly FS2 and Combat Air Patrol 2 are both silky smooth but not DCS. I am running Steam VR SS at 160% and DCS PD = 1.0

PC HW 9700K@5.0Ghz

Win 10 (Build 2004 ) with WMR

VR - Reverb

RTX2070 with Nvidia 451.48

DCS 2.5.6 (latest)

I'd like to follow your suggestion but I don't know what you are talking about. Can you explain?

Thanks

Guys, I went on vacation and am back to testing my O+. I have the Windows 1903 patch mentioned in this thread and the latest Steam VR beta. What are the best agreed upon settings for the O+ currently? (set DCS pixel density to 1.5 and Steam VR to a flat 100% ?)
I do tinker with my setting sometimes but I have come to settle for a DCS 1.5 and steamVR SS of 100%. These settings gives best cockpit visuals and playable fps.

The experiment goes on anyways.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset