[RESOLVED]CB for Undercarriage Drive Pops Out During TO Roll

Laobi

Perhaps (More than likely) a user issue, however, during various take offs I have noticed that the gear failed to operate. On investigation I noticed that the CB for the Undercarriage Drive is mysteriously out, this is in spite of ensuring it was pushed in pre-taxi.

After testing further I discovered that the Anton is doing some sort of sleight of hand on this one, I keep the panel open, release CB, push CB back in (just to ensure it's in), open the throttle, lift off, attempt to raise the gear, nothing...check the CB is in....look away...look back and CB is out...push it in and gear raises. I never see it move, but move it does. I'm hoping it's a bug as I don't know the first thing about performing an exorcism on my PC.

Edited by Laobi
Added 'd' to 'notice' to correct tense as for a moment English not friend was my

My Youtube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqH078Ef0HENo01LF3xwIvA

Twitter: @CrashLaobi

All of my opinions are my own and are just opinions, as a result they as useless as the opinions of others!

My Specs: PC, Chair, Desk, Screen

Hi Laobi!

Your not alone, having the same problem with undercarriage CB, take-off landing gear up nothing hapens , push CB ,landing gear up watch the wing indicator ,gear rasing , watch again gear lowering CB out.

Was hoping for a patch today.

Nice day for all!

MSI Z390 Gaming Plus Intel I7 8700 @4.4Ghz CoolerMaster H411R Corsair LPX 3000Mhz 32GB NVidea GTX 1080 TI XFX650W PNY SSD 256gb win10 64 Samsung SSD480gb DCS,IL21946 WD Caviar Green 1Tb Ultimate Tir5.

Hi Mar,

Thank you very much for confirming. I scanned the manual in case I was accidentally tripping some fail-safe on the drive, but could find nothing. Hopefully next week's patch will sort this one.

Have a great day.

Many thanks,

Laobi

My Youtube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqH078Ef0HENo01LF3xwIvA

Twitter: @CrashLaobi

All of my opinions are my own and are just opinions, as a result they as useless as the opinions of others!

My Specs: PC, Chair, Desk, Screen

Probably related to the bug I reported in the thread "CB's for Battery and Generator disconnect after take-off (MP)". And I have also experienced had the CB for the undercarriage drive pop out shortly after take-off and found myself with one gear still down.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Had this happen to me once when I first got the module. Chocked it up to hitting the gear up switch while still on the ground, which popped the CB. Are you sure you're not hitting gear up before you're off the ground?

5800X3d, 32GB DDR4@3400, 6800 xt, Reverb G2, Gunfighter/TMWH

Had this happen to me once when I first got the module. Chocked it up to hitting the gear up switch while still on the ground, which popped the CB. Are you sure you're not hitting gear up before you're off the ground?

Negative

Edit: This was a "false negative". I'm actually sure I was well off the ground when I hit the "gear down" switch.

I did some flying today and had the same problem again. I also had the case when I wanted to land, that the gear did not extend.

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Even at several thousand feet, the gear will go down and then not go up. I have also had one gear go up and then come right back down. After that, they won’t move.

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

Is this a separate issue from the undercarriage controls CB bug, where the button appears pressed in but there's no sound or animation for it? Drove me crazy to do the full startup, taxi, and takeoff and then the gear won't come up. However, if you "press" it (even though there's no indication that anything has happened), the gear works fine. I've only seen this in SP, haven't tried MP in the 190 yet.

• 2 months later...

Gear-CB-Issue

Guys,

got the Anton with this Autumn-Sale eventually. Heard of these bugs, especially the gear-bug, but didn´t really think i would be that worse! Tried about 50 takeoffs in a row, mostly crashed, but when i finally got airborne, EVERY time the gear rises halfway and then drops again due to popped off CB! I gave my best to keep the plane below 250km/h and minimize G´s... No chance, i don´t get that bitch working as it should!!!!

Please, if there´s anyout out there that gets then plane airborne with gear staying up, gimme some serious advise...

X-56 HOTAS, TFRP Pedals

Modules: F-5E, FC3, F/A-18C, Mirage 2000 C, AV-8BNA, FW-190 A-8, F-16C Viper

SystemSpecs: AMD A8-6600K (4x3,9GHz), 16 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX1070 8GB, WIN10 64bit

Yes, its possible. After getting airborne, gain some height. Retract the landing gear and monitor the pins/gear indicator on the wings. As soon as the pin is nearly inside the wing, push the nose a bit down till you hear the gear locking up. With some training your initial height for this maneuver will get lower. And stay at or below 250km/h

Fox

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

have realised 2 Takeoffs in a row now... But man, it´s that tough... Coming from the Jets it´s such a change... But now I´m confident I´m gonna get it with enough practice... ;-)

X-56 HOTAS, TFRP Pedals

SystemSpecs: AMD A8-6600K (4x3,9GHz), 16 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX1070 8GB, WIN10 64bit

I have no clue what are you doing with plane after t/o, i hadn't any problem with CBs and retracting landing gear. I do it like this(you need good speed to do it gently try accelerate up to 200km/h before trying lift off it will be smooth ride), as soon as i see positive climb i hit gear switch, once gear is up i put flap in to normal flight position that is it, during all of this i put plane in to shallow climb.

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

I have no clue what are you doing with plane after t/o, i hadn't any problem with CBs and retracting landing gear. I do it like this(you need good speed to do it gently try accelerate up to 200km/h before trying lift off it will be smooth ride), as soon as i see positive climb i hit gear switch, once gear is up i put flap in to normal flight position that is it, during all of this i put plane in to shallow climb.

I do exactly the same, but still the CB pops 7/10 times.

It really shouldn´t be this weak.

I agree that if You pull some amount of G during retraction that this could happen, but not to the extend we see now.

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

Well, taking off the Anton is like riding a mustang (not the plane...) to me... ;-)

Of course, I know that you have to pull as less G´s as possible and do no wild stickrocking... But with a real moderate takeoff hte CBs pop off most times... I really hope that ED wil fix that soon, now that their beloved Viper is released. I think that all the Anton-buyers have a right to get the module fixed asap...

X-56 HOTAS, TFRP Pedals

Last night I devoted some time just to the cb/gear issue and have figured it out. This is with the plane already running. Take off as with any other tail dragger although with this one , after rotation I keep a very shallow climb. Begin throttling back, and once you are settled in and no threat of the plane settling back down or stalling, level off working the throttle to say around that 200 airspeed mark. Raise the gear when iirc you are at or a little above 200 on the airspeed. I did this at least 30x in a row. The airspeed and level are key. After gear up, raise the flaps. Now you can yank and bank.

The guns are documented but I click on the top switch and wait for the red lights. Give it 3 seconds or so then click the one below it. Again after 3-5 seconds you are ready to flip back the stick cover and start blasting away.

Edited by JIMJAM

• ED Team

Hi all

I am just going over reports,

I only see the circuit breaker pop if the takeoff is bad, or I get a nasty bounce. With a normal take off all seems fine.

If you have a short track showing the CB pop under a normal take off please attach it and we will take a look.

We do have over sensitive circuit breakers reported, but I wanted to make sure specific cases were reported.

thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Hi all

We have had a small patch today to address some of the CB issues.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2