TPOD 8xGBU-38 8 separate targets?

majapahit

I can load 4 GBU-38 and hit 4 different TPOD selected targets (“lock in TOO, switch to PP, repeat etc)

But how do you do 8xGBU-38 and hit 8 different TPOD selected targets.

I.c. YT says ‘make sure you use another program to set the last 4 other targets’

What is the exact sequence to get to the 5-8 off the racks, can’t get it to work, set 8 targets programs 1+2, switch to program 2 after 4 released, but 5 won’t release?

I'm doing something wrong, Anyone tried?

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

im not sure, but try to check that you successfull entered the coordinates.. and also check your ccrp auto bomb mode is still active in the hud and look for errors on the weapon loadout page ( example maybe the fuse of a bomb is wrong and there is an X preventing the bomb to be released.

im not sure, but try to check that you successfull entered the coordinates.. and also check your ccrp auto bomb mode is still active in the hud and look for errors on the weapon loadout page ( example maybe the fuse of a bomb is wrong and there is an X preventing the bomb to be released.

This is with the TPOD

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

Because you are overwriting existing data on the same station.

If you are trying to targeting two separate locations on the same station then for the second bomb on that station you need to select PP2 not PP1, or else you're just going to overwrite PP1.

Seems 4 work ok, programming 8 not so much

Need to select PP2, then back to TOO, mark point, then back to PP, step station, PP1 -> TOO, mark -> PP mode, select PP2 -> TOO, Mark, -> PP mode, Step station repeat.

This way I can get 8. When releasing ordinance, it will release PP2 for each station, once 4 are dropped, you select PP1, pickle, It auto steps station but will be on PP2 for that station, so select PP1 again, pickle. Repeat.

That way, 8 JDAM/JSOW, 8 different targets, relatively quickly.

Need to select PP2, then back to TOO, mark point, then back to PP, step station, PP1 -> TOO, mark -> PP mode, select PP2 -> TOO, Mark, -> PP mode, Step station repeat.

This way I can get 8. When releasing ordinance, it will release PP2 for each station, once 4 are dropped, you select PP1, pickle, It auto steps station but will be on PP2 for that station, so select PP1 again, pickle. Repeat.

That way, 8 JDAM/JSOW, 8 different targets, relatively quickly.

Tried multiple times, stations his same coordinates, 8 > 4 coordinates

Do we need to select TOO2 before transferring the coords to PP2, or can we just stay on TOO1?

I never used TOO2, i always used TOO1, only thing to remember is, any targets has it's own PP, so if you want 8 bombs to hits 8 targets, on each stations you'll have to set PP1 and PP2. (2 PP's x 4 stations)it you'd want 2 bombs to hit same target, than on a station for exemple, you'll have (i think) to enter same coordinates for PP1 and PP2, so that station will drop 1st bomb on PP1 and second bomb on PP2.

Got to say not to sure what TOO2 does, will have to explore it as i might do useless actions that using it might avoid me to :) But i presume TOO2 is when going in for TOO full pass, not to use entering coordinated for PP's as you select another PP on the DDI to enter it.

For 8 JDAMs

JDAM DISPLAY > TOO > DESIGNATE > PP > STEP > TOO > DESIGNATE > PP > STEP > TOO > DESIGNATE > PP > STEP > TOO > DESIGNATE > PP. This covers all 4 stations, for PP1.

STEP > PP2 > TOO > DESIGNATE > PP > STEP > PP2 > TOO > DESIGNATE > PP > STEP > PP2 > TOO > DESIGNATE > PP > STEP > PP2 > TOO > DESIGNATE > PP. This covers all 4 stations, for PP2.

Drop 4 bombs and when it cycles back to the first station, switch to the other PP target for each bomb. PICKLE x4 > PP1 > PICKLE > PP1 > PICKLE

> PP1 > PICKLE > PP1 > PICKLE

You're done, go home and have a beer.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

I never used TOO2, i always used TOO1, only thing to remember is, any targets has it's own PP, so if you want 8 bombs to hits 8 targets, on each stations you'll have to set PP1 and PP2. (2 PP's x 4 stations)it you'd want 2 bombs to hit same target, than on a station for exemple, you'll have (i think) to enter same coordinates for PP1 and PP2, so that station will drop 1st bomb on PP1 and second bomb on PP2.

Got to say not to sure what TOO2 does, will have to explore it as i might do useless actions that using it might avoid me to :) But i presume TOO2 is when going in for TOO full pass, not to use entering coordinated for PP's as you select another PP on the DDI to enter it.

And now via the Tpod?

Tpod locked coordinates transfer erratic to Jdam MSN stores, yo have to test with Tpod

Edited by majapahit

So. to be clear is it impossible to just drop 2 jdams from one station on 2 different targets with one press of a button? I can set up pp1 and pp2 and toggle from pp1 to pp2 when in range to drop on 2 targets from same station and it works with 2 jdams on separate stations. Im surprised you cant program 2 bombs from one station for one mission plan.

Edited by cthulhu68

made a video on this a few days ago

4 Jdam's, yep that works, everyone knows that, now figure out 8

For delivering i never slect PP1 then PP2, i simply pickle once, all 4 drops, then pickle a second time right away, and 4 others drops.

won't go to different targets (in my case), rather random mostly duplicates and a stray once in a while.

Wish i could help then :( but i even tried bac before posting to make sure it worked, watched the replay in Tacview, game replay watching the bombs path in F-10 Map view and all stroked their targets.... dunno what i did different than you. forgot to mentioned i tried in SP, not in MP.

any chance u can post the tacview here? Now I'm curious.

I made a quick video tutorial on this exact thing for my squadron. Check it out below.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XcOVDYQsAD4YXjiK0RyYkpZ9UHNpXzPN

Setting up your PP1 PP2 in 2 batch releases, seems the trick well done, thx

Edited by majapahit

Setting up your PP1 PP2 in 2 batch releases, seems the trick well done, thx

Works, you beat Wags to it (just kidding)