WH HOTAS binding suggestion

viper2097

This looks good. Thankfully the SSC is the same for the Viper and Hog. Would you consider adding Master Arm / Safe / Sim to the Flaps control? It seems natural and would be nice to have on the HOTAS. I'm guessing your have rudder pedals and your wheelbrakes are bound to these. The real HOTAS does not have it, but I like having a trim reset option - maybe that could be the CMS push function. Rather than binding the button to eject, the Viper has a large Emergency Jettison button which is very helpful when you're jumped by something. Again, fumbling with the mouse and trying to mash this button is not fun.

Other things I have bound to my X-55 throttle:

Parking brake - nice not to have to fumble for the mouse for that one and roll forward,.

Manual pitch override switch - a lifesaver if you find yourself in a departure

Cat I / Cat III toggle - this is very helpful to have so immediately after you drop your ordinance you can do some fancy pilot stuff to keep from getting murdered.

- Stubboyo

Eerily close to my own binding plans for the Viper. Only thing I would add would be the Slap Switch to CMS Depress. Other than that it looks superb!

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

I use paddle switch on stick for a modifier on every module

Ditto - only variation from the actual F-16 grip layout I will be using. Will have to see if I actually need to use AP override/disconnect paddle often and possibly map it to something else. Will generally disconnect AP using the toggle switch on my LH button box.

But will be using pinky as FOV, side mounted Missile Step button for all it's commands such as NWS etc.

I like the idea of using the CMS press as slap-switch, but currently using this to re-center VR. I also find it a little tricky to hit the 'press' activation reliably - I generally slide off into one of the other directions.

Will pop these actual layout pics here for anyone that's interested for ref.

stick.jpg.06f40b3f565bf72346a5cedab6f20e68.jpg

ssc-aa.jpg.411a5daeb24f381bf34e0d7726f4e1ee.jpg

ssc-ag.thumb.jpg.49d6a2048d79133a17f0f8d16dfdca93.jpg

Edited by VampireNZ

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Would you consider adding Master Arm / Safe / Sim to the Flaps control?

I would guess this depends on your own preferences. As it is one of those controls thats not needed to be flipped within a second, or blind, I have not mapped it on any module.

I'm guessing your have rudder pedals and your wheelbrakes are bound to these.

Exactley, as the WH has no twist axis, there is no other solution ;).

The real HOTAS does not have it, but I like having a trim reset option - maybe that could be the CMS push function.

Why do you need that function? Never had the feel to miss that.

Rather than binding the button to eject, the Viper has a large Emergency Jettison button which is very helpful when you're jumped by something. Again, fumbling with the mouse and trying to mash this button is not fun.

I use it that way (in all my modules) because the Eject button needs to be pressed fast and secured. I needed the eject button hundreds of times. The emergency jettinson I have maybe used less then 10 times in over 600h flight.

Other things I have bound to my X-55 throttle:

Parking brake - nice not to have to fumble for the mouse for that one and roll forward.

Thats something that I don't need mapped, I have time to click on that during a start up

Manual pitch override switch - a lifesaver if you find yourself in a departure

Cat I / Cat III toggle - this is very helpful to have so immediately after you drop your ordinance you can do some fancy pilot stuff to keep from getting murdered.

- Stubboyo

Seems interesting, need to take a look at that.

Eerily close to my own binding plans for the Viper. Only thing I would add would be the Slap Switch to CMS Depress. Other than that it looks superb!

Thanks, also that sounds like a very good idea. I guess I'll borrow that from you :D.

I use paddle switch on stick for a modifier on every module

Sounds like youa re coming from the A10 where no paddle switch is installed :smilewink:.

As the WH has so many buttons, I only use really unnecessary things like the KB or NVG with a modifier, so that flip switch is also very fine for me. The paddle switch is used quite often (or always) with real functions.

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

as long as my WH boat switch comes out with ON-OFF-ON setup for the boat switch on the throttle to replicate the dogfight switch on release... happy camper here !

System: I7 7700K - Delidded. TT Cooler. 32GB 3000hz Ram, Gigabyte Aorus Ext 1080TI, SSD's, Corsair Gold 850W PSU, Philips 4K 40inch 60hz monitor, Dell 22inch Touch + Helios, Rift S, VKB MCG PRO, TM TPR pedals, TM Warthog throttle with slew mod and twist repair

Ditto - only variation from the actual F-16 grip layout I will be using. Will have to see if I actually need to use AP override/disconnect paddle often and possibly map it to something else. Will generally disconnect AP using the toggle switch on my LH button box.

But will be using pinky as FOV, side mounted Missile Step button for all it's commands such as NWS etc.

I like the idea of using the CMS press as slap-switch, but currently using this to re-center VR. I also find it a little tricky to hit the 'press' activation reliably - I generally slide off into one of the other directions.

Will pop these actual layout pics here for anyone that's interested for ref.

Your pics bring up a question though...Is the "switchology" the same across all versions of the Viper? I'm pretty sure I know the source for your pics and they are not from the CCIP jets.

Perhaps MVGAS or Eddie or someone with first hand knowledge can say if the functions listed are "Standard" or vary depending on Version/Block.

NOT CASTING SHADE! Great Work. It's just a question I've had a few weeks now.

Edited by Sierra99

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.