[CORRECT AS IS] Control surface is sluggish

This is also my impression. It takes a lot of stick input to get the desired response. But maybe that's realistic. I remember when the F-5E became available, many people said that the controls over-reacted. But real F-5 pilots confirmed that the response was realistic. So we had to adjust, and we did.

I would like to hear an assessment from a real F-16 pilot.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

This is also my impression. It takes a lot of stick input to get the desired response. But maybe that's realistic. I remember when the F-5E became available, many people said that the controls over-reacted. But real F-5 pilots confirmed that the response was realistic. So we had to adjust, and we did.

I would like to hear an assessment from a real F-16 pilot.

I changed the curvature on my stick, so it now works better and feels a little more like in that other SIM.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

I noticed a constant gentle roll to the right on takeoff or in flight. This happen in any of the instant action missions

Could it be my stick or what?

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

I experience this roll too, i have a Warthog Stick but i dont think thats the cause.

I did a Test with a very large Deadzone just to find out if its maybe some Rudder Input Problem and it still moves slightly.

Maybe the Trim isnt perfectly centered by default?

I experience this roll too, i have a Warthog Stick but i dont think thats the cause.

I did a Test with a very large Deadzone just to find out if its maybe some Rudder Input Problem and it still moves slightly.

Maybe the Trim isnt perfectly centered by default?

Yes, maybe the trim is coded centered.

I am using a warthog stick too.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

I changed the curvature on my stick, so it now works better and feels a little more like in that other SIM.

Negative curve value?

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I noticed a constant gentle roll to the right on takeoff or in flight. This happen in any of the instant action missions

Could it be my stick or what?

Do you have the TPOD mounted? That requires a slight left trim.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Negative curve value?
Yes. I have this for both the X&Y axis.

SaturationX 70

SaturationY 100

Curvature -20

This makes it better on my joystick, but it still feels like a huge deadzone or lag in the middle. I've gotta play around some more with settings to see if I can get it even better.

I'm getting a new joystick soon as this one is 20 years old.

But it works completely different in other modules and other SIMs. But I'm no pilot, so I've got know clue to what is accurate.

Edited by MAXsenna

Do you have the TPOD mounted? That requires a slight left trim.
Yes, I have tgop mounted.

Slight trim? Okay. I used left some rudder trim and bird became woopy.

Will try slight. Thanks

The control surfaces do seem a little sluggish, particularly in roll and i find that i am throwing in more rudder than i expected would be required to get more "snappy" rolls - given the F-16 always been touted as having wonderful maneuverability.

That said I do my first test on any new aircraft and hooned it down canyons and valleys. Maybe I've gotten too used to the F-14's inputs where what you do to the stick is what you do to the aircraft with no computer to say no.

Edit: I will add, using an X55 Rhino no alterations to any curves or deadzones yet.