Release: Sim-Mod Air Base Ground Texture Beta2

grandsurf

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I guess AA is high, Su25T is great model, beautiful runway, terrain mod, so it gives great pictures :D

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

That is the old runway...

I give up...I uninstalled Western runway, and installed Grandsurf mod in modman and edited the graphic.cfg files....Is it possible to install this the right way? This is the first mod I have troubles installing! All other mods (I have A LOT of them) are all installed flawlessly!

My moviemaking channel at YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/user/RobertDamli

Try do that: Don't install by Modman, extract textures from CDDS and put it inot Temp folder... I installed this way Extreme version but can't see differences high\extreme.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

I had some problems with the Extreme Res files so used Modamn to extract the files from the CDDS and loaded them in Temp Textures instead - its works fine that way.

Agree with Boberro, can't see any difference in High/Extereme.

Not sure I like this mod as much as I had anticipated, just a personal preferrence thing but I going back to Western Runways. Still looking forward to the rest of the ground textures mod when it's ready.

It worked when I manually extracted the files in the Bazar/temptextures folder. Donґt know why it wouldnґt work with Modman install.

I also saw that the grass outside the runway looks kinda odd when looking at the scenery around the runway. Check pic.

Very nice textures of runway btw! Nice feel when taking off! Looks very real! :)

ScreenShot_000.thumb.jpg.af9d912e05244c0836f789d781ba857e.jpg

Well the different of green is normal actually since just teh runway was modified.. on my picture in the page before this one i'm using a modification that i made to match the colors of the runway wich is darker and some other stuffs.

But as a test Beta this it is good to know that it work, now the rest is a question of adjust and tunning..

A question to the guys that run lockon at very low graphics setting..

What do you expect from a modified texture when you run them so low ?

I Just would like to hear what you guys hope or what it is possible to do for you ?

Well, I run both texure and scenery on high. My pic is taken after a clean install of Lock On and FC without Ground Pounder and 2X aliasing.

I have low on effects and such, but not texture or scenery.

Something is not right you have no trees no details at all for a high setting.. Humm

Thatґs kinda strange. Maybe I should uninstall again, and then run a regcleaner to make sure every files is gone from registry. I know I installed a mod a couple of weeks ago. A fps tweakmod (TekaTeka I think). I have uninstalled it and I also deleted the entire LockOn folder before installing it again. Any suggestion? I will try uninstall, regclean, restart, install Lock On, then FC, then patch, then modman, then add mods?

Give this a try before re-installing..

>>> graphics settings file <<<

In VISIB RNG go with ( GOZR_fast_Ground your system is good enough the others will give even more FPS )

Setup your resolution and try out, it became a standard for many.

Here my views ( F O V ) at MAX zoomed OUT with Track-IR or manually.

If you want to try the file get it H E R E

I just dislike the buble vision ..

Here the samples:

lockon_su33fov.jpg

lockon_Mig29fov.jpg

lockon_F15fov.jpg

lockon_su25fov.jpg

lockon_A10fov.jpg

lockon_Su25T.jpg

The GOZR - how can you see good HUD? I play in 1680x1050 and when set max zoom out HUD isn't too good readable.

ಠ_ಠ

• 2 weeks later...
Something is not right you have no trees no details at all for a high setting.. Humm

I just figured out why I had low "grassgraphics"! I had haze on basic. When I sat haze on advanced I got the same grass as the rest of you guys!

Grandsurf: Please include this in the readme for further release. Advanced haze has to be set on to get the good looking grass you have made. I did not knew that so It really confused me! Homever I get a fps drop while having the haze on advanced so I will check how it will perform in multiplayer. It is sad that fps in single player and multiplayer is not equal...Someone make a better network code for Lock On. I can have 30 fps at lowest over a flyby low over a city and down do 15 fps in multiplayer...I have to set everything down to get good fps, and when everything is on low, Lock On does not look that good...:(

• 2 weeks later...