Training Missions for the JF-17

Rudel_chw

Hello,

Just wanted to let you know that today I've added the 16th Mission to this Set, for practicing precision Air-Ground gunnery. It has been added on the first post of this thread.

Best regards,

Eduardo

Great!

One request: can you please provide us the link to the whole missions folder (easier to download them all)?

Yep, I'm sloppy I know :P

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

One request: can you please provide us the link to the whole missions folder (easier to download them all)?

Sorry, not possible at the moment, as I have other files on that folder (missions half-done, prototype missions, design documents, audio files, etc).

But I will upload the whole set to ED’s User Files soon, as I will dedicate myself to the Supercarrier and F-18 and so this Training series will end at that point.

Best regards.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Wow... What a betrayal.

No betrayal, I play DCS that way, dedicating to a single aircraft during several months ... that’s why I’ve flown only the jF-17 during 6 months, but I now need a change to keep from burning out :)

Greetings to all JF pilots :thumbup:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Sorry, not possible at the moment, as I have other files on that folder (missions half-done, prototype missions, design documents, audio files, etc).

But I will upload the whole set to ED’s User Files soon, as I will dedicate myself to the Supercarrier and F-18 and so this Training series will end at that point.

Best regards.

OK, thank you anyway!

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

Best regards.

Thank You Eduardo! for all your missions, the are perfect, I learn JF17 with your expertise. The Best training missions of entire DCS World!

No betrayal, I play DCS that way, dedicating to a single aircraft during several months ... that’s why I’ve flown only the jF-17 during 6 months, but I now need a change to keep from burning out :)

Greetings to all JF pilots :thumbup:

XD jk. I'll be looking at the carrier myself. With the tomcat rather than the hornet tho. And maybe Jeff too. :smilewink:

Sounds great! I look forward to your F/A-18 training missions.

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ!

Gib full-fi Su-27 or MiG-29 plz!

AMD R7 3700X|32GB DDR4 RAM|Gigabyte RTX2070S Gaming OC|2TB NVMe SDD + 1TB SSD + 2TBB + 1TB HDD|Dell P3421W|Windows 10 Pro x64

TM Warthog|MFG Crosswind|Samsung Odyssey+|TrackIR 5

Modules: Mirage F1|Mi-24P|JF-17|F/A-18C|F-14A/B|F-5E|M-2000C|MiG-21bis|L-39|Yak-52|FC3|Supercarrier || Terrains: Persian Gulf|NTTR|Normandy|Syria

Hello,

I've just updated all these Missions onto the User Files section of this website, you can download them in a single zip file, here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3309782/

I also edited the first post, removing the individual file links and adding the link to the new location.

Best regards to all of you,

Eduardo

Hello,

I've just updated all these Missions onto the User Files section of this website, you can download them in a single zip file, here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3309782/

I also edited the first post, removing the individual file links and adding the link to the new location.

Eduardo

thank you very much!!

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk Pro

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

Hey! Thanks for making these. They are really well done! I just downloaded them yesterday, but I think the update yesterday might have messed them up. A lot of the triggers don't seem to be working. For instance, in the BVR, ACM, and IFF missions, when it tells you to go into A2A(BVR) mode and you do, nothing happens, and there is no way to progress further. The same thing happens on missions that tell you to go into A2G mode. Thanks again.

Nicholas

Hey! Thanks for making these. They are really well done! I just downloaded them yesterday, but I think the update yesterday might have messed them up. A lot of the triggers don't seem to be working. For instance, in the BVR, ACM, and IFF missions, when it tells you to go into A2A(BVR) mode and you do, nothing happens, and there is no way to progress further. The same thing happens on missions that tell you to go into A2G mode. Thanks again.

Nicholas

Yeah, I encountered similar bug when re-doing M15. Before take-off it says to switch to NAV mode via HOTAS or [1], I do it, but it doesn't continue. Then at some time it asks again to switch the mode, but nothing happens once you do so.

I can continue the mission, as at some point it starts to give new instructions (i.e. when approaching first SAM). But few times mission asks to switch modes it gets broken...

Probably new OB update broke something...

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ!

AMD R7 3700X|32GB DDR4 RAM|Gigabyte RTX2070S Gaming OC|2TB NVMe SDD + 1TB SSD + 2TBB + 1TB HDD|Dell P3421W|Windows 10 Pro x64

Modules: Mirage F1|Mi-24P|JF-17|F/A-18C|F-14A/B|F-5E|M-2000C|MiG-21bis|L-39|Yak-52|FC3|Supercarrier || Terrains: Persian Gulf|NTTR|Normandy|Syria

... but I think the update yesterday might have messed them up. A lot of the triggers don't seem to be working. For instance, in the BVR, ACM, and IFF missions, when it tells you to go into A2A(BVR) mode and you do, nothing happens, and there is no way to progress further. The same thing happens on missions that tell you to go into A2G mode.

Yeah, I encountered similar bug when re-doing M15. Before take-off it says to switch to NAV mode via HOTAS or [1], I do it, but it doesn't continue.

Probably new OB update broke something...

Thank you both for the report, I will take a look at them this week-end to fix the errors.

Best regards,

Eduardo

Edit: I'm sorry to say that it will take a bit longer than anticipated, as the new JF-17 version changed a lot of the Codes used to refer to HUD and MFD objects. For example, to know if we are on NAV mode or not, the Mission looks onto the HUD indication "NAV" on its lower left .. this indication used to be #14#, but on the new version it is changed and now it is called #15# .. and so on with the remaining indicators. Please, bear with me while I go through each affected mission :(

Edited by Rudel_chw

Edit: I'm sorry to say that it will take a bit longer than anticipated, as the new JF-17 version changed a lot of the Codes used to refer to HUD and MFD objects. For example, to know if we are on NAV mode or not, the Mission looks onto the HUD indication "NAV" on its lower left .. this indication used to be #14#, but on the new version it is changed and now it is called #15# .. and so on with the remaining indicators. Please, bear with me while I go through each affected mission :(

Oh please, don't even bother with this, take your time. You already did a tremendous job with these missions. :thumbup:

TBH, if you have PayPal or something I wouldn't even mind sending a tenner or so for a job well done :music_whistling:

If it wasn't for your tutorials I wouldn't even know much on how to fly Jeff. Chuck's guide and Youtube are great, but in VR it's a bit complicated to use them. Maybe it's true, ability to watch Youtube on MFD inside Jeff would be great :D

P.S. can't wait for your F/A-18 and SC tutorials :)

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ!

P.S. can't wait for your F/A-18 and SC tutorials :)

Thanks a lot for your very kind words .. I have the 1st mission for the Hornet 75% ready, the typical cold-start and yes, I know that the module has one :(

... but I wanted one that follows the natops procedures more closely, and also add a bit of background info about the systems so that one can understand better the why behind each step.

Regarding the SC, unfortunately it performs badly on my PC, so I’m going to upgrade my processor (from a Ryzen 1500X to a Ryzen 3600, without needing to replace the motherboard) .. and later I intend to replace my gpu if the first step wasn’t enough (from a gtx-970 to a rtx-2060). Only afterwards will I attempt to edit missions for the SC.

Anyway, for now I put the Hornet mission aside, as I prefer to fix the bugs that this recent update introduced on my JF-17 missions, I already fixed M10 and M15 and will fix the remaining during the week-end :thumbup:

Best wishes to all of you,

Eduardo

Anyway, for now I put the Hornet mission aside, as I prefer to fix the bugs that this recent update introduced on my JF-17 missions, I already fixed M10 and M15 and will fix the remaining during the week-end :thumbup:

Best wishes to all of you,

Eduardo

Really great to hear they will be updated as just downloaded and they look very professionally done but then stop at trigger scenes! Looking forward to the update :)

Really great to hear they will be updated as just downloaded and they look very professionally done but then stop at trigger scenes! Looking forward to the update :)

I'm currently fixing mission M12, so I feel pretty confident that I will be able to re-upload the Set tomorrow.

Deka modified a lot of things on this last patch, for example on the Datalink, all the internal codes used on the HSI were changed .. hope it wont happen again :(

I have tested one training mission. Wow! That's so perfect! Thank you!:thumbup:

I'm glad you liked it, the first two missions seems that were not affected by the changes, but please don't fly the remaining ones until I can kick this bug-update out the door, hopefully tomorrow sunday. :thumbup:

Eduardo

Ha? Thx for advising. I have tested the mission n°11 without any bug, I think.

Hello,

The missions affected were any that required change of Master Mode from NAV to AA or AG, any that used Datalink, and any that used the Radar ... so, pretty much almost all .. you are lucky to have selected one that didn't use any of these items :thumbup:

I have at the moment fixed all the bugs, except the Mission 7 .. I found a bug with the Optical Pod Laser Search feature, that I have not been able to fix :( on this mission a ground JTAC is lasing a tank with a laser that uses Code 1588 .. I set the Code on the Pod, but the Laser Spot Search can't find the tank :(

I'm looking for a workaround, and if I can't find any I will have to drop the Mission from this set ir order to at least upload all the others, pity :(

Best regards,

Eduardo

Edit: OK, I don't want to delay this fix anylonger, so I finally chose to drop the M07 mission and update the package, sorry for the inconvenience, but please download it again and replace the older missions (only if you updated DCS to the last patch v2.5.6.49314 Open Beta).

I reported the issue of M07 on the Bugs section (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=274745) and if Deka fixes it I will reinstate M07.

Greetings.

Edited by Rudel_chw

Haa okay. So I have dl your latest version (1.1) and the 1st mission is "broken", at the beginning, the game propose me to click on the middle mfd, and few seconds later, he roleback to the true beginning.

Strange, as the first mission didnt need any fixes .. I will check it again, thanks for reporting :thumbup:

Haa okay. So I have dl your latest version (1.1) and the 1st mission is "broken", at the beginning, the game propose me to click on the middle mfd, and few seconds later, he roleback to the true beginning.

Today I checked the first mission (M01 Cold Start), and couldn't reproduce the error .. can you please try it again and at the debrief save the track file and attach it here so I can see the problem better?

For what it's worth, I've been watching your Youtube videos of the training missions the last couple days, and they're already extremely helpful. Looking forward to trying out the missions!

Thanks a lot for your kind words. :thumbup: