Weapon Training Skins

Jalio

Hi everyone

I've done a search and I've got a bunch of weapon skins, thanks to 476th vFG for those however I am trying to get hold of some training skins for the GBU's and other weapons that'll fit the Harrier/Hornet. I have attempted a repaint myself and yeah I don't know what I am doing. I feel this will just add a little more immersion to the sim.

Looking for repaints like the images below.

If anyone can help I'd greatly appreciate it, many thanks,

4678645564_34d58ae6ec_b.thumb.jpg.306ebfba95f7289c47b7f1d58464ef98.jpg

full.thumb.jpg.f7abd770f31db4c1d147f976c343ac3e.jpg

GBU-38-JDAM-ER-Kit-CKopp-2011-1.thumb.jpg.f90d47ab173c8c049f302f33c2b3f9ee.jpg

Edited by Rabu
spelling
  • Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
Hi everyone

I've done a search and I've got a bunch of weapon skins, thanks to 476th vFG for those however I am trying to get hold of some training skins for the GBU's and other weapons that'll fit the Harrier/Hornet. I have attempted a repaint myself and yeah I don't know what I am doing. I feel this will just add a little more immersion to the sim.

Looking for repaints like the images below.

If anyone can help I'd greatly appreciate it, many thanks,

Great stuff! This project is a great idea.

I would love if ED added some practice munitions, for those of us who love to practice without the bloodshed LOL. Currently using "immortal" i an alternative but just not as immersive:)

Supercarrier | Flaming Cliffs 3 | M-2000C | AJS-37 Viggen| MIG-21Bis | L-39 Albatros | Yak-52 | Spitfire LF MK IX | Mig-15Bis | Mig-19P Farmer | P-51D Mustang | F/A-18 | F-14 | F-5E Tiger II | C-101 Aviojet | I-16 | UH-1H Huey | Mil MI-8tv2 | Sa 342M Gazelle | Combined Arms | NS-430 Navigation System | NEVADA | Persian Gulf | Normandy1944 | World war II assets pack | Black Shark 2 | F-5E Agressors ACM campaign |F-5E Agressors BFM Campaign | L-39 Albatros Kursant Campaign | DCS:Syria

Great stuff! This project is a great idea.

I would love if ED added some practice munitions, for those of us who love to practice without the bloodshed LOL. Currently using "immortal" i an alternative but just not as immersive:)

Thanks Thor, much appreciated! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Welp nevermind, after a bit of grafting I figured it out. Planning on making them available once complete.

Yes please! and thank you, it will be awesome.

Best regards,

F.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

Still putting small touches on them. About 80% complete for all bombs.

Awesome! eager for this mod.

Thank you once again for your work.

Best regards,

F.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

• 4 weeks later...
Will upload this weekend guys.

Thanks a lot for sharing, looking forward to your skins :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Uploaded, just waiting for approval. Any issues let me know either here or reply to the mod.

Edit: here it is https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3308281/

Downloaded as soon as possible and it seems to work great! thank you very much for your work :)

Uploaded, just waiting for approval. Any issues let me know either here or reply to the mod.

Edit: here it is https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3308281/

Thanks a lot, your weapons look lovely:

Bdo51sz.jpg

However, I want to suggest an easier way to install the Mod, instead of modifying the official ED compressed texture files:

- Simply, create a GBU and an MK folders inside \Bazar\World\textures\

- Then place the new texture files inside these folders, leaving intact the GBU.zip and MK.zip files of ED. It will look like this:

BZYVPUH.jpg

The game will automatically use the textures that are on the folders, instead of those on the zip files. This is a much easier change to handle trough a Mod Manager like OVGME:

1R15Gwy.jpg

best regards and thanks again for sharing this :)

Eduardo

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
I updated your weapons pack and added the AIM-120C (CATM-120C) and AIM-9X (CAP-9X).

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hbNN5O0ZgnrtoVKbdNRCHU_o-3C_JmR9

Updated today with your skins ST0RM, 1.1 now up:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3308281/

Again folks, doing these textures are not my natural talent so input is appreciated, install how you see fit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 years later...

Just what I was looking for. Thank you for sharing your work, @Jalio.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals