[WISH LIST] Jester Plus

mehksauce

Im sure many of us solo flyers here have been frustrated way too many times, in all aspect scenarios when trying to do normal workflow, and all you can hear "Can't do" from jester.

I just wish theres more QOL to jester's menu, capability, etc

At the moment, jester's wheel is a hassle, theres too many categories, sub categories and another category for that sub category lol, what i propose is the ability to make specific own keybinds to a specific jester action

- Radar functions such as, making jester increase radar elevation up 2,5,10 degree increments

- increasing jester situation awareness, why is there a delay for jester to take 3-5 second to tell me that the bandit is 3'oclock high?

- IFF, the most important imo.. can't tell you how angry and frustrated i get when i finally get jester to lock but wont IFF check, thats from both Datalink hafu to voice comm feedback. Straight up silence.. ( or atleast make it available to the f14 of the DECLARE command in awacs, i know only the f16 and the f18 can do this... idk if its an ED module only thing )

- Jester's Counter measure is also messy, jester would use the counter measure when i can easily defeat the missile by simple BFM or if theres a mountain cover to use.

Overall amazing module, jester is my only true gripe. Hopefully they do what most balancing devs do in other genre, and that is buff jester on its AI abilities then see how the community feels and go from there.

using voice attack (don't need viacomm ) you can fully programme anything on the jester menu.

So for example in game i say "set chaff" and it will within (0.3) of a second set my favorite chaff programme etc.

Or set radar scan 200 for 200 miles etc etc

I play in vr but even on a 2D monitor using Voice Attack makes the module so much better.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

using voice attack (don't need viacomm ) you can fully programme anything on the jester menu.

So for example in game i say "set chaff" and it will within (0.3) of a second set my favorite chaff programme etc.

Or set radar scan 200 for 200 miles etc etc

I play in vr but even on a 2D monitor using Voice Attack makes the module so much better.

Yea that works too, but i felt like the devs are a bit shy to tuning jester because of how might the community reacts? hopefully we see some buffs in the next patch.

All the threads all the time!!! XD

Anyway, why isn't anyone flying with a human RIO? I RIO 80% of my time flying in the Tomcat. Also I don't think jester is able to see a contact before it enters the TID.

In multiplayer I can pick up targets much further out on the DDD. You can get them when they think they are hiding in the weeds even. Just got to get that Main Lobe Filter off and turn the Eraser down a ton then when they get in the Main Lobe Return just have your pilot speed up/slow down.

Just takes a little work. Super simple after a little practice.

Edited by sBryansGames

*Social Media*

twitch/sBryansGames

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

All the threads all the time!!! XD

Anyway, why isn't anyone flying with a human RIO? I RIO 80% of my time flying in the Tomcat. Also I don't think jester is able to see a contact before it enters the TID.

In multiplayer I can pick up targets much further out on the DDD. You can get them when they think they are hiding in the weeds even. Just got to get that Main Lobe Filter off and turn the Eraser down a ton then when they get in the Main Lobe Return just have your pilot speed up/slow down.

Just takes a little work. Super simple after a little practice.

Because rios are like hens teeth! We have 1 guy in our squadron and im starting to learn it a bit but boy wed love more rios! Wed gladly take 3 or 4 full time rios if anybodies interested hint hint

7700k @5ghz, 32gb 3200mhz ram, 2080ti, nvme drives, valve index vr

Because rios are like hens teeth! We have 1 guy in our squadron and im starting to learn it a bit but boy wed love more rios! Wed gladly take 3 or 4 full time rios if anybodies interested hint hint

Amen to that! And that's squadrons. Being solo makes it even harder. Because they are not just harder to find, you need some cockpit time as a crew before you actually hit the skies.

BTW, to any guys in HB that might be reading this.

Have you guys considered making Jester the BVR "lead"? I mean, yeah....most of us, most of the time, prefer to call the shots and decide if he should STT or not, or which target to STT, or what radar parameters to use.

But......as we avoid reach back functionality, then maybe there should be an option in Crew Contract sub menu, to make Jester do the stuff above (you can always tell him not to through the same menu). And then based on some scripting, he will call the shots himself. And lead you into the merge, by calling out what you need to do. Similar to what he does during landings or AAR.

What do you guys think of the idea? :smartass:

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

Jester keybinds will be added at the end of EA, simply because he is still WIP.

As for Jester running the intercept, it is something that has been on our mind, but it is no small task and we are not sure if this will be within his and our limits. We will see.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Jester keybinds will be added at the end of EA, simply because he is still WIP.

As for Jester running the intercept, it is something that has been on our mind, but it is no small task and we are not sure if this will be within his and our limits. We will see.

i just hope you guys don't pull through with it, because you think the community will backlash, any implements/changes are welcome in my eyes, just have to tune it accordingly to how the community feels. Ty!

Good to know and no pressure on it guys.

If you even need a hand (although you probably have more then enough), i'd be happy to help. :thumbup:

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

I never understand why HB doesn't put clickable jester wheel feature.

I am fed up with using my head up and down, right and left like a maniac..

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

1. With HOTAS, your head is the only other "controller" that makes sense.

2. Floating Menus in VR are a nightmare when it comes to the mouse cursor.

3. It takes a tiny amount of head movement to activate a pie slice, so its not like your head banging at a rave or what ever the kids do nowadays.

4. Use your keyboard if it's that much of an inconvenience.

I mean the Jester Wheel is a massive upgrade from the crappy radio menu native to DCS.

I mean the Jester Wheel is a massive upgrade from the crappy radio menu native to DCS.

To each their own. I'd much prefer the text only version not huge circular immersion killer on top of the cockpit.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

To each their own. I'd much prefer the text only version not huge circular immersion killer on top of the cockpit.

Trying to blind type F-Keys vs. look at what I want to activate is more than a personal choice. It's simply logical. And the circle is not that big, barely takes up the space of the HUD..

Furthermore, the only way "immersion" would be fixed is to have voice-enabled conversations with Jester (Voice attack ect, although I'm sure people will complain that Jesters repetitive responses are also "immersion" killers even though the DCS game folder is pushing 250 GB). But how would you know what to ask for? If so the learning curve would quadruple and people would complain about that.

And none of that is even addressing the distracting Chat menu or Mission update boxes. Its part of the game mechanics since this isn't real life and all.. If all else fails, human RIOs don't come with any menus if it's that much of a problem.

There's lots of other things that could be worked before fixing something that isn't broken.

3. It takes a tiny amount of head movement to activate a pie slice, so its not like your head banging at a rave or what ever the kids do nowadays.

in VR yes. I recently had a chance to try the F-14 in VR for the first time (amazing job by the way, it was really a jaw dropping experience, didn't even suffer FPS drops like other do, for me it ran a solid mid 40's just like the Hornet), and i can confirm. In VR the menu selection is rather quick and articulate. With face tracking it can be a bit dodgy at times, but not always.

BTW.....i got another idea today at lunch break, and it's to do with Jester antenna elevation. This one should be a lot easier to implement too. What if we still had high - middle - low but:

1. high was with the cone starting level along the plane datum line and ending above

2. middle was with the cone centered along the plane datum line

3. low was with the cone starting along the plane datum line but ending bellow

And then of course at some later date we could add some fine tuning like mid-high/mid-low and very high/very low to fill in the blanks? This should offer a quite functional envelope considering the AWG-9's strengths and weaknesses :thumbup:

in VR yes. I recently had a chance to try the F-14 in VR for the first time (amazing job by the way, it was really a jaw dropping experience, didn't even suffer FPS drops like other do, for me it ran a solid mid 40's just like the Hornet), and i can confirm. In VR the menu selection is rather quick and articulate. With face tracking it can be a bit dodgy at times, but not always.

BTW.....i got another idea today at lunch break, and it's to do with Jester antenna elevation. This one should be a lot easier to implement too. What if we still had high - middle - low but:

1. high was with the cone starting level along the plane datum line and ending above

2. middle was with the cone centered along the plane datum line

3. low was with the cone starting along the plane datum line but ending bellow

And then of course at some later date we could add some fine tuning like mid-high/mid-low and very high/very low to fill in the blanks? This should offer a quite functional envelope considering the AWG-9's strengths and weaknesses :thumbup:

It's a good idea, we'll take it aboard. Thanks!

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Always a pleasure guys, keep up the great work! :thumbup:

It's a good idea, we'll take it aboard. Thanks!

Would it be possible to have jester IFF check command? Sometimes when you lock up a target, he stays silent and doesnt give you any IFF. so you have to revert to whats shown in your datalink, and if able, look at your tv to determine what type of plane.. but sometimes that doesn't work because that server hosts the same jets on both sides.

Also other times, jester told me a target was hostile so i engaged it and just before splash jester tells me theyre friendly lol. Having a command to tell jester to IFF check, would be a great addition to the list.

Theres a AWACS command thats been implemented recently, but only seem to be within ED modules, f16, f18 specifically.. and that is to be able to DECLARE, is this also possible to include with the f14?

Edited by mehksauce

• 1 month later...

2. Floating Menus in VR are a nightmare when it comes to the mouse cursor.

I disagree, mouse pointer movement by head movement works fine in VR, why not just reuse it for jester menu? (At least provide the option for it)

Only if you look straight foreward when opening jester menu. Otherwise you cannot use it at all.

And precise selection would be still possible with less head movement. But it is propably hard to teach the developer who implemented the selection line to remove it again. Even if it is buggy.

I agree. Definitely, but it requires some fine tuning to be "more comfortable".