How did this go through?

Dannyvandelft

The cockpit lighting is absolutely dreadful. It is way too much. Did you guys test this in VR? Go fly the Tomcat and have a look. It's horrible! The runway and city lights are way too much. It needs to be toned down A LOT.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

All good here, non-VR user.

Perfectly fine here, non-VR, normal gamma setting

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

It's almost like it was released to the test branch. If you want a stable, proven release, don't play on the test branch. That's what it's for. ''How did this get released?'' *smh* It was released for TESTING that's the whole point of the beta.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

• ED Team

Best advice is to remove all unofficial mods run a cleanup and repair or verify for steam users.

You may need to adjust your gamma settings

The open beta is our public test build, please keep the feedback coming we are looking at it.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, PIMAX Crystal

Best advice is to remove all unofficial mods run a cleanup and repair or verify for steam users.

You may need to adjust your gamma settings

The open beta is our public test build, please keep the feedback coming we are looking at it.

thanks

No mods, non steam version, set Gamma to 1. Best I can describe it is there's way too much glow coming off the lights. I fly with a Rift S. The lighting is too intense. The front windscreen of the Tomcat for example, is just green. Can barely see through it, or see the pitch ladder. The red interior lighting is like somebody exploded a can of red paint all over the cockpit. The outside lighting too. Runway, taxi, city lights, all way too bright.

World engine lighting has been too low in 2.5. Tomcat comes out in 2.5 with boosted lighting to compensate. World lighting fixed in 2.5.6.

3rd party module builders like heatblur and razbam will need to adjust their lighting to reflect the new engine baseline. In the meantime, maybe turn the lights down in the affected modules?