*** Lock On: v1.1 Mini Preview ***

Shepski

Grazi, Lock On fliers!

I am now working on the technical preview, and I'm getting some insights from some of the beta team and the avionics programmer to add to the mix. After that, the next Sacha misson will feature the new radars, I think.

Ask away-I'll be happy to answer as I can.

Happy Thanksgiving, all-

Miao, Cat

Well, just scanning it looked good, gonna read it and possibly drool :)

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

Hi Cat, welcome aboard!

btw: why "zem-lya" (page3)? zemlya is one word, means "land" or "ground" ;)

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]

• ED Team

Thanks Cat! :)

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

Hi Cat, welcome aboard!

btw: why "zem-lya" (page3)? zemlya is one word, means "land" or "ground" ;)

A lot of that comes from the fact that I'm not a Russian speaker. I'm faking it like mad, with a little help from my Russian friends like you and Valery 8) . Some of the rest of it is that I'm having her sort of speak in dialect, and I'm trying to convey a certain lack of fluidity when she's trying to make points in English. It's not easy for a writer with only the vaguest clue of her character's native language to do this and not be comedic in the process. I'm pleased that you all have taken to her. We see a lot of American, British, and German heroes in air-war fiction. We don't see Russians-Eric and I are the only ones I know that do it regularly other than fans of the IL-2 series. And I see Sacha as carrying on a tradition of great Russian aviatrixes, like Lidiia Litvyak or Marina Raskova.

If Sacha's at all authentic, I think it is because there are constants with every young person who loves her country and is a member of the armed forces of that country fighting under difficult circumstances. Sacha loves Russia and her whole family is or has been involved in the armed forces or the government. I'm not sure what her mother is doing-I haven't done much with that side of the family-but on her father's side her dad, grandmother, and grandfather all were in the air force. Her brother is a tanker, and her uncle is a submariner.

Miao, Cat

Hello Cat.

I don't meant anything against using russian word in article, authenticity things and so. I was confused with hyphen in word "zem-lya" on page 3, I believe it just a mistype.

I start reading your articles before a LO 1.0 release, and, besides of that fact, that in real life russian militarymen don't drink vodka on briefings :D, your reports looks quite authentic. You have develop a whole scenario setting, naturally involving many countries and persons, and it looks solid. Ain't your middle name is Jane or Clancy? :)

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

Hello Cat.

I don't meant anything against using russian word in article, authenticity things and so. I was confused with hyphen in word "zem-lya" on page 3, I believe it just a mistype.

I start reading your articles before a LO 1.0 release, and, besides of that fact, that in real life russian militarymen don't drink vodka on briefings :D, your reports looks quite authentic. You have develop a whole scenario setting, naturally involving many countries and persons, and it looks solid. Ain't your middle name is Jane or Clancy? :)

I think I can sort of be guilty of that too. I have done alot of stereotypical things, such as "Comrade Major" et al. I honestly haven't asked about it, just sort of put it out there, and see what happens, and my general feeling is that it's okay, not as good as Cat's writing. It's tough figuring out misisons (current writers block, and haven't been flying recently) that justify using an Su-33, so my missions have to be longer and more intricate than flying an Su-25T, I got so much ordnance to plan to use.

And finally read the story today Cat, guess I gotta do another story eh?

BTW, isn't the forum software able to put a "Post A Reply" button at the bottom of the page. I'm pretty sure the setup is ascending for Russians, and descending for English.... could you look into that Dmut?

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

Hello Cat.

I wasn't offended, trust me :)

You won't even BELIEVE where I got the whole vodka thing. I read this book by a guy writing under the pseudonym Viktor Suvorov called "The Liberators: My Life in the Red Army." He's allegedly this guy who defected back in the Cold War and he was an officer in 3rd Shock Army on the Group of Soviet Troops in Germany. The book dealt with his experience in the "Glasshouse", a military jail while he was a trainee, and with the Czechoslovakia invasion in 1968, and with the 50th anniversary of Soviet Power military displays in 1967. It's a fascinating read. The vodka scene in my Sacha missions comes from a meeting between a Major Zhuravlev of the 6th Guards Tank Division and a Major Rogovoy from the 35th Tank Division when Zhuravlev takes over a bank in the center of Prague. It's the best military black comedy I've ever read. I'm sort of plagiarizing Suvorov and paying him a little tribute at the same time :D ....

I'm really pleased that you all are enjoying Sacha's adventures.

Miao, Cat

Hello Cat.

I wasn't offended, trust me :)

You won't even BELIEVE where I got the whole vodka thing. I read this book by a guy writing under the pseudonym Viktor Suvorov called "The Liberators: My Life in the Red Army." He's allegedly this guy who defected back in the Cold War and he was an officer in 3rd Shock Army on the Group of Soviet Troops in Germany. The book dealt with his experience in the "Glasshouse", a military jail while he was a trainee, and with the Czechoslovakia invasion in 1968, and with the 50th anniversary of Soviet Power military displays in 1967. It's a fascinating read. The vodka scene in my Sacha missions comes from a meeting between a Major Zhuravlev of the 6th Guards Tank Division and a Major Rogovoy from the 35th Tank Division when Zhuravlev takes over a bank in the center of Prague. It's the best military black comedy I've ever read. I'm sort of plagiarizing Suvorov and paying him a little tribute at the same time :D ....

I'm really pleased that you all are enjoying Sacha's adventures.

Miao, Cat

First let me start by saying excellent article, but as we are talking about alcohol I have to point out one teeny inaccuracy, the Turks call it raki not arrack :D

• 1 month later...

new mission report from Cat

enjoy - http://www.simhq.com/_air3/air_111a.html