New screen 29.11.2007

Kusch

that is a nice looking tank... I can't wait to blow it up.. :smilewink:

As far as fixed wing A/C, why after all of the post concerning these issues are some guys still asking for them...

If you can't wait for Eagle to implement their new plans for the future you can always go over to the old Lock On site...

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

oh man look at all that NATO stuff!

I can see the mission builder aspect of this sim is going to be fun with all that NATO equipment to blow up. I wonder what area of the maps best represents the landscape of the Fulda gap? Imagine flying close air support for a battalion of T-72Bs. ;)

Flyby

The U.S. Congress is the best governing body that BIG money can buy. :cry:

Nice,

but always infantry tank: when new aircraft models? :yawn:

Bye

Phant

Think of DCS like it's a TV series and the studio, Eagle Dynamics, will use Black Shark as the pilot for this particular series to gauge the public responses. The first episode is where the main character, Kamov, goes tank busting with AFM and not the LFM like all the other grasshoppers released in the pass.

Little known fact...

The Ka-50 made its maiden flight the same day Goody Two Shoes by Adam Ant hit number 1 in the UK. To this day, aviation enthusiasts the world over swear that it was a blatant act of dissing by the Russian Army. An in-your-face response to the American's AH-64 Apache sort of deal.

Days after the Kamov infamous flight, the Army together with the coalition of American Indians held a press conference at Denny's in Tucson condemning the Soviet who, denied the action calling it “ridiculous and absurd and blah blah blah”. Throng of FOXNews reporters reported seeing a handful of protesters outside the Russian embassy in Flint, Michigan. Many of them wore "The Kamov is Kaput" pin-on buttons. When one of the reporters approached the leader and asked how does it make him feel, he said "cold, but the mullet keeps the back of my neck warm".

On a side note, the Apache made its maiden flight on 30 Sep, 1975: The same day Rhinestone Cowboy by Glen Campbell hit the top 40 chart in the U.S...no cowboys gave a hoot.

End little known fact...

Phant, that is why ED has been showing screen shots after screen shots of Nato tanks. They make nice targets and the Kamov will surely plink the living crap out of 'em slow moving metal tub of mud huggers.

I know. I know...

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

Think of DCS like it's a TV series and the studio, Eagle Dynamics, will use Black Shark as the pilot for this particular series to gauge the public responses. The first episode is where the main character, Kamov, goes tank busting with AFM and not the LFM like all the other grasshoppers released in the pass.

Little known fact...

The Ka-50 made its maiden flight the same day Goody Two Shoes by Adam Ant hit number 1 in the UK. To this day, aviation enthusiasts the world over swear that it was a blatant act of dissing by the Russian Army. An in-your-face response to the American's AH-64 Apache sort of deal.

Days after the Kamov infamous flight, the Army together with the coalition of American Indians held a press conference at Denny's in Tucson condemning the Soviet who, denied the action calling it “ridiculous and absurd and blah blah blah”. Throng of FOXNews reporters reported seeing a handful of protesters outside the Russian embassy in Flint, Michigan. Many of them wore "The Kamov is Kaput" pin-on buttons. When one of the reporters approached the leader and asked how does it make him feel, he said "cold, but the mullet keeps the back of my neck warm".

On a side note, the Apache made its maiden flight on 30 Sep, 1975: The same day Rhinestone Cowboy by Glen Campbell hit the top 40 chart in the U.S...no cowboys gave a hoot.

End little known fact...

Phant, that is why ED has been showing screen shots after screen shots of Nato tanks. They make nice targets and the Kamov will surely plink the living crap out of 'em slow moving metal tub of mud huggers.

I know. I know...

Forget the Apache, I cant wait for the hawg, I really want to roll in and saws the tails off those KA-50's whilst playing the lyrical masterpeice by Phil Collins - I Wish It Would Rain Down, you know I've heard that the KA-50 dont react well to a GAU-8.;)

Was 1975 the same year that Russia contracted Kamov to put thousands of KA-50's into production?, opps sorry I forgot Russia did'nt want the KA-50 did they, that why only a handful off them were built, even the Gazelle was more successful than the KA-50 lol.

Back on topic, nice screenies, trees are very good.

Nice screens. It seems that now most major vehicles got a new 3d model. Out of my head I can only think of the M109, M60 and M48 out of the important vehicles that have not yet got the facelifting (or at least not shown yet).

EvilBivol-1, are there any news about new Flak guns like the S-60, the DShK AA-mount or the turkish 40mm Bofors?

It seems the anti-tank/vehicle arena is pretty well covered with targets. How is the situation in the CAS/COIN front? I am thinking about fortifications, bunkers, trenches, foxholes, dug-in positions/battle positions, MG-nests, ammo pits, mortar teams, TOW/AT teams, RPG teams, barbwire, camoed positions, the whole range of infantry etc. An update on that would be nice :)

we'll see

Was 1975 the same year that Russia contracted Kamov to put thousands of KA-50's into production?, opps sorry I forgot Russia did'nt want the KA-50 did they, that why only a handful off them were built, even the Gazelle was more successful than the KA-50 lol.

Back on topic, nice screenies, trees are very good.

A single-seat gunship up against the NATO hordes! :eek: I foresee the online war skies blackened by masses of Black Shark gunships dispensing just desserts to the defilers of the Realm. Set up your defenses as best you can. They will avail you not one iota of safety! Oh btw, don't mind me. I'm just trying to keep my Black Shark mojo strong.:pilotfly:

Flyby

The U.S. Congress is the best governing body that BIG money can buy. :cry:

Nice screens. It seems that now most major vehicles got a new 3d model. Out of my head I can only think of the M109, M60 and M48 out of the important vehicles that have not yet got the facelifting (or at least not shown yet).

EvilBivol-1, are there any news about new Flak guns like the S-60, the DShK AA-mount or the turkish 40mm Bofors?

It seems the anti-tank/vehicle arena is pretty well covered with targets. How is the situation in the CAS/COIN front? I am thinking about fortifications, bunkers, trenches, foxholes, dug-in positions/battle positions, MG-nests, ammo pits, mortar teams, TOW/AT teams, RPG teams, barbwire, camoed positions, the whole range of infantry etc. An update on that would be nice :)

I assume these things simply take time. That said, that is a very nice list of objects.

Well, I'm sure you already know about the ZSU-23 mounts. There are three variations of these - stationary open, stationary closed (sort of sandbagged or dug-in) and mobile truck-mounted. If we get infantry, that will probably include PRGs, assault rifles and machine guns. ED hasn't made a final call on this yet though as far as I'm aware. Suggestions for an open DShK mount and bunker machine guns have been taken positively by ED on the beta forum, but I'm not aware of any action toward these yet. There is, however, a DShK mount being developed by community modders:

http://forum.digitalcombatsimulator.com/showthread.php?t=217

We'll see how that develops...

The vehicle weapon classes are now out in LUA and I believe include everything we should need to "create" objects by playing with existing ones. In other words, I think what's missing is mainly properly animated 3D models, as the various weapon types are already classified and accessible.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

You can also see them in the videos...

One small suggestion: Civilian buildings with troops in them can be quite scary. I remember in Aces of the Pacific there were some innocuous looking buildings which had a narrow field of fire and only fired at close range but quite lethal. It would be nice to see machine gun fire coming from a window or an RPG from a roof...

You can also see them in the videos...

One small suggestion: Civilian buildings with troops in them can be quite scary. I remember in Aces of the Pacific there were some innocuous looking buildings which had a narrow field of fire and only fired at close range but quite lethal. It would be nice to see machine gun fire coming from a window or an RPG from a roof...

Yes, you can see it also in HIND, when you fly over a city you can be shot for a lot of "insurgents", it was cool and you have to be very carefull.

Regards!!