DCS OH58D Kiowa Warrior sunday stream 5th April 2020 at 2000h zulu time

borchi_2b

Day one buy for me too.

The Hell fires climb high and quite quickly, it would be interesting to see the difference of the hellfires climb when comparing LOBL and LOAL (cover clearance) launch modes.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

The Hell fires climb high and quite quickly, it would be interesting to see the difference of the hellfires climb when comparing LOBL and LOAL (cover clearance) launch modes.

AFAIK both LOBL and LOAL modes loft.

Shiftie Mover demo'ed ...

Direct Mode

and ...

LOBAL

I don't recall seeing a LOAL launch but do remember it being said on a stream that the Hellfire had one direct mode and three lofting modes (LOBL, LOAL-LO and LOAL-HI).

Global Security have a page on the different Hellfire profiles

https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/munitions/agm-114-employ.htm

Edited by Ramsay
LOAL has two sub-modes and link to Global Security "Hellfire Employment" page.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

I hadn't intended to buy any helicoptors, but this little machine interests me.

I bought them fully expecting I wouldn't fly any for years, then one day I sat in a Huey and crashed it almost immediately. I'm pretty much a closet rotorhead now, alternating between fixed and rotary wing. Helos are a lot of fun...

Yeah, day one. Two at the latest if they release while I'm on the road.

Both LOBL and LOAL (LOAL, LOAL HI and LOAL LO) will loft. The Hellfire is built to hit the thinner armor on the top of a tank, however the degree to which that climb takes place is different in the different modes. LOBL has the most shallow.

Excellent.

Looking forward to launching behind cover and remaining hidden with only my MMS above the cover.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.