F/A-18C learning curve

Nahemoth

One thing I have figured out is don't forget to have some fun. The difficulty of the various missions and qualifications varies from 'I blew 4 Migs out of the sky in 20 seconds' to 'someday I hope I can get through this and still be flying at the end'. So, when I get frustrated in Bankler's or one of the more difficult missions, I always switch to an easier one before I shut down the PC. I like L Shift +R to do a quick restart and run the fun one 3-4 times.

Tip: always practice landings. In most missions you are going to train, your plane will already start in the sky. Look for the nearest airport and land, especially before you start flying online. It is every horrible thing that we see. People demand the most perfect simulator in the world but cannot find the patience to taxi their planes to the runway or land their planes. As the colleague said before, train a lot. Use and abuse your mission editor. Create several missions, one for each thing you want to learn, even if it is to go around and discover the limits of your fighter. But after all that, land.

Yep, spot on.

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

• 1 month later...
Ha.

Ya, now that the flight model has *stabilized* a bit, I plan on making more this summer. As you said, putting it all together from a more complete, practical, "that pilot sh!t" perspective.

Yes please! eager to learn again from you and your videos. And thank you for sharing your knowledge with us.

Best wishes,

Bruno "Fonzie" F.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

Ha.

Ya, now that the flight model has *stabilized* a bit, I plan on making more this summer. As you said, putting it all together from a more complete, practical, "that pilot sh!t" perspective.

Can't wait! :thumbup:

Digital Storm Lynx: i9-10850k (5.2 GHz): 64GB RAM (3200 MHz): 2TB SSD M.2 Samsung 970 EVO: 2TB Samsung HD: GEFORCE 2080 TI: Thrust Master WartHog (modified): TM F-18C joystick: Saitek Rudder Pedals: HP Reverb PRO: Volair Sim Cockpit: Current Stable Version of DCS :thumbup:

IRL Retired Maintainer of the AT-38B: F-4E/G: F-15A/B/C/D: and McDonnell Douglas/Boeing Technical Advisor for the F-15C/D. I drive trains now. :yawn:

I think learning has a lot to do with how good your memory is. As you get older it gets worse. Someone young or anybody with a good memory can just read something and do it from there on in. Old goats like me have to read it then do it over and over until it sinks in. Then if I don't keep doing it on a regular basis i'll forget it and have to start over again.

It's why you don't see any old real fighter pilots.

Buzz

I think learning has a lot to do with how good your memory is. As you get older it gets worse. Someone young or anybody with a good memory can just read something and do it from there on in. Old goats like me have to read it then do it over and over until it sinks in. Then if I don't keep doing it on a regular basis i'll forget it and have to start over again.

It's why you don't see any old real fighter pilots.

Well, there might be few other reasons too :D