Logbook -- a tool to record SP & MP progress

Ansirial

Hey Ansirial,

fist of all: Great job. I just discovered your lovely tool.

First thing that i noticed: I flew 3 Sorties in a row without respawning, means i landed, refueled, rearmed and took off again (2x), and so on.
However your tool measured this as one single flight. Is your tool not capable of reconizing this or did i something wrong?
I havent read all the pages so sorry if this is already answered before.

Looking forward to hear from you
many thanks
Momo

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Il 20/7/2022 at 17:40, IJG7_Momo ha scritto:

Hey Ansirial,

fist of all: Great job. I just discovered your lovely tool.

First thing that i noticed: I flew 3 Sorties in a row without respawning, means i landed, refueled, rearmed and took off again (2x), and so on.
However your tool measured this as one single flight. Is your tool not capable of reconizing this or did i something wrong?
I havent read all the pages so sorry if this is already answered before.

Looking forward to hear from you
many thanks
Momo

Hi Momo, 

You are right, I checked and it's a bug, do you have any original debrief to test?

Thanks a lot,

Have a great day

1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Il 11/8/2022 at 07:39, Cake ha scritto:

Any chance to add the ability to select Mirage F1CE?.  Cannot chose it on the app or by editing sorties on the webpage.

Hi Cake,

Sure, but at the moment I'm on vacation, I will be back next week. Once at home I will add it quickly.

Have a great day

1.jpg

Hello Ansirial,

A few months ago I asked you if you could implement a way to record our flights as co-pilots / CPGs / RIO for the ever growing multicrew aircrafts in the game. Did you have a chance to look at it ?

3rd Wing | 55th Black Alligators * BA-33

Εις ανηρ ουδεις ανηρ

• 1 month later...
8 часов назад, MichaelJMAD сказал:

I am having an issue with the configurator

Browse for the dcs.log file. But for me it does not work. Any suggestions?

null

image.png

i7-11700K 5GHz, 64GB DDR4@3200, ZOTAC RTX4090, iiyama 34 Red Eagle  || Quest 3, HP Reverb G2, TrackIR 5  || Orion2 F-16EX Viper Throttle Combo, TM Warthog throttle(button box),  Virpil WarBRD+Viper stick, VPC interceptor pedals || TM MFD Cougar pack || F-16C, F-15E, AH-64D | Simshaker Jetpad || F-16 Panels: Landing Gear, CMDS, ICP, Avionics, Sensors, Lighting, Air Cond, HUD, Anti Ice

• 2 weeks later...
43 минуты назад, Fra298 сказал:

The right file is debrief.log, not dcs.log

I already figured that out😁 Thanks.

i7-11700K 5GHz, 64GB DDR4@3200, ZOTAC RTX4090, iiyama 34 Red Eagle  || Quest 3, HP Reverb G2, TrackIR 5  || Orion2 F-16EX Viper Throttle Combo, TM Warthog throttle(button box),  Virpil WarBRD+Viper stick, VPC interceptor pedals || TM MFD Cougar pack || F-16C, F-15E, AH-64D | Simshaker Jetpad || F-16 Panels: Landing Gear, CMDS, ICP, Avionics, Sensors, Lighting, Air Cond, HUD, Anti Ice

• 4 months later...
1 ora fa, 9mil ha scritto:

Having a difficnullult time getting the correct file in the setup. The serch box will not navigate to the logs folder in savedgames dcsopenbeta folder. Why wont it show the logs folder?

image.png

Hi 9mil, 

Strange, I set the log folder as default... can you try to browse the correct folder and load once the log file then retry? Maybe the dialog remember last folder. 

Please let me know.

Have a great day

1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I have problems again with uploading debriefings. I always get an error.debrief_ROUEN.log

€: OK i found the problem. The line "Callsign" is always empty, I have to manually copy my callsign in there, then it works. 

Any idea what is causing this? 

Edited by Nirvi

Our group is getting the following error when trying to access our squadron home page. The calendar page works fine.

Server Error in '/' Application.

The SELECT would examine more than MAX_JOIN_SIZE rows; check your WHERE and use SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 or SET MAX_JOIN_SIZE=# if the SELECT is okay

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: The SELECT would examine more than MAX_JOIN_SIZE rows; check your WHERE and use SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 or SET MAX_JOIN_SIZE=# if the SELECT is okay

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[MySqlException (0x80004005): The SELECT would examine more than MAX_JOIN_SIZE rows; check your WHERE and use SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 or SET MAX_JOIN_SIZE=# if the SELECT is okay]
   MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.ReadPacket() +306
   MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.GetResult(Int32& affectedRow, Int64& insertedId) +67
   MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.GetResult(Int32 statementId, Int32& affectedRows, Int64& insertedId) +17
   MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.NextResult(Int32 statementId, Boolean force) +110
   MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.NextResult() +772
   MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +1515
   MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteScalar() +112
   Logbook.DataAccessLayer.Database.queryCommandScalarIn(String sqlStr, String[] args) in C:\Users\propr\source\repos\Logbook\Logbook\DataAccessLayer\Database.cs:220
   Logbook.DataAccessLayer.UserDAL.getSearchUser(Int32 userId, Int32 squadronId) in C:\Users\propr\source\repos\Logbook\Logbook\DataAccessLayer\UserDAL.cs:661
   Logbook.DataAccessLayer.VirtualSquadronDAL.getSquadronUsers(Int32 squadronId, Permissions permissions) in C:\Users\propr\source\repos\Logbook\Logbook\DataAccessLayer\VirtualSquadronDAL.cs:801
   Logbook.DataAccessLayer.VirtualSquadronDAL.getCompleteSquadron(Int32 squadronId, Int32 viewerId) in C:\Users\propr\source\repos\Logbook\Logbook\DataAccessLayer\VirtualSquadronDAL.cs:328
   Logbook.Controllers.VirtualSquadronController.Index(Int32 id, Boolean error) in C:\Users\propr\source\repos\Logbook\Logbook\Controllers\VirtualSquadronController.cs:26
   lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] ) +142
   System.Web.Mvc.ActionMethodDispatcher.Execute(ControllerBase controller, Object[] parameters) +14
   System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters) +157
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) +27
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<BeginInvokeSynchronousActionMethod>b__39(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ActionInvocation innerInvokeState) +22
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncResult`2.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +29
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncResultBase`1.End() +49
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeActionMethod(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +34
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncInvocationWithFilters.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronouslyRecursive>b__3d() +50
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass46.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronouslyRecursive>b__3f() +228
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass33.<BeginInvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__32(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +10
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncResult`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +10
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeActionMethodWithFilters(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +34
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass2b.<BeginInvokeAction>b__1c() +26
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass21.<BeginInvokeAction>b__1e(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +100
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncResult`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +10
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeAction(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +27
   System.Web.Mvc.Controller.<BeginExecuteCore>b__1d(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ExecuteCoreState innerState) +13
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +29
   System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecuteCore(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +36
   System.Web.Mvc.Controller.<BeginExecute>b__15(IAsyncResult asyncResult, Controller controller) +12
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +22
   System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +26
   System.Web.Mvc.Controller.System.Web.Mvc.Async.IAsyncController.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +10
   System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<BeginProcessRequest>b__5(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ProcessRequestState innerState) +21
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +29
   System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +28
   System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result) +9
   System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +9850389
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStepImpl(IExecutionStep step) +50
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +163

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.8.4494.0

Edited by sgray

vCAPT Scott "LoVis" Gray

Chief of Naval Personnel

Virtual United States Navy - VUSN

vusn.org

Il 8/4/2023 at 00:14, sgray ha scritto:

Our group is getting the following error when trying to access our squadron home page. The calendar page works fine.

Server Error in '/' Application.

The SELECT would examine more than MAX_JOIN_SIZE rows; check your WHERE and use SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 or SET MAX_JOIN_SIZE=# if the SELECT is okay

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: The SELECT would examine more than MAX_JOIN_SIZE rows; check your WHERE and use SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 or SET MAX_JOIN_SIZE=# if the SELECT is okay

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[MySqlException (0x80004005): The SELECT would examine more than MAX_JOIN_SIZE rows; check your WHERE and use SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 or SET MAX_JOIN_SIZE=# if the SELECT is okay]
   MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.ReadPacket() +306
   MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.GetResult(Int32& affectedRow, Int64& insertedId) +67
   MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.GetResult(Int32 statementId, Int32& affectedRows, Int64& insertedId) +17
   MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.NextResult(Int32 statementId, Boolean force) +110
   MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.NextResult() +772
   MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +1515
   MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteScalar() +112
   Logbook.DataAccessLayer.Database.queryCommandScalarIn(String sqlStr, String[] args) in C:\Users\propr\source\repos\Logbook\Logbook\DataAccessLayer\Database.cs:220
   Logbook.DataAccessLayer.UserDAL.getSearchUser(Int32 userId, Int32 squadronId) in C:\Users\propr\source\repos\Logbook\Logbook\DataAccessLayer\UserDAL.cs:661
   Logbook.DataAccessLayer.VirtualSquadronDAL.getSquadronUsers(Int32 squadronId, Permissions permissions) in C:\Users\propr\source\repos\Logbook\Logbook\DataAccessLayer\VirtualSquadronDAL.cs:801
   Logbook.DataAccessLayer.VirtualSquadronDAL.getCompleteSquadron(Int32 squadronId, Int32 viewerId) in C:\Users\propr\source\repos\Logbook\Logbook\DataAccessLayer\VirtualSquadronDAL.cs:328
   Logbook.Controllers.VirtualSquadronController.Index(Int32 id, Boolean error) in C:\Users\propr\source\repos\Logbook\Logbook\Controllers\VirtualSquadronController.cs:26
   lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] ) +142
   System.Web.Mvc.ActionMethodDispatcher.Execute(ControllerBase controller, Object[] parameters) +14
   System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters) +157
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) +27
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<BeginInvokeSynchronousActionMethod>b__39(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ActionInvocation innerInvokeState) +22
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncResult`2.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +29
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeActionMethod(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +34
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncInvocationWithFilters.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronouslyRecursive>b__3d() +50
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass46.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronouslyRecursive>b__3f() +228
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass33.<BeginInvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__32(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +10
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeActionMethodWithFilters(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +34
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass2b.<BeginInvokeAction>b__1c() +26
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass21.<BeginInvokeAction>b__1e(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +100
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeAction(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +27
   System.Web.Mvc.Controller.<BeginExecuteCore>b__1d(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ExecuteCoreState innerState) +13
   System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecuteCore(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +36
   System.Web.Mvc.Controller.<BeginExecute>b__15(IAsyncResult asyncResult, Controller controller) +12
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +22
   System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +26
   System.Web.Mvc.Controller.System.Web.Mvc.Async.IAsyncController.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +10
   System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<BeginProcessRequest>b__5(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ProcessRequestState innerState) +21
   System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +28
   System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result) +9
   System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +9850389
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStepImpl(IExecutionStep step) +50
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +163

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.8.4494.0

Hi Sgray,

Others find the same problem, I find it and I fixed it but I was unable to try for you, would you please check or send my the link of your squadron?

Thanks a lot and have a great day!

1.jpg

Il 1/4/2023 at 14:44, Nirvi ha scritto:

I have problems again with uploading debriefings. I always get an error.debrief_ROUEN.log

€: OK i found the problem. The line "Callsign" is always empty, I have to manually copy my callsign in there, then it works. 

Any idea what is causing this? 

Hi Nirvi,

Sorry for the delay, I was quite busy at work.

I checked and the thing is that you have an empty callsign, confirmed! This is not the best for the log file.

Did you have this file from a multiplayer Session?

Many other lines are matched with a player called "PLAYER", this is strange...

Have a great day

1.jpg

2 hours ago, Ansirial said:

Hi Nirvi,

Sorry for the delay, I was quite busy at work.

I checked and the thing is that you have an empty callsign, confirmed! This is not the best for the log file.

Did you have this file from a multiplayer Session?

Many other lines are matched with a player called "PLAYER", this is strange...

Have a great day

Thanks for the answer. That's strange, any idea where I can change this? 

All the logfiles are from multiplayer sessions, and I always had the callsign [ugly] Nirvi.

Maybe I shouldn't use things like [ or | in the callsign?

3 minuti fa, Nirvi ha scritto:

Thanks for the answer. That's strange, any idea where I can change this? 

All the logfiles are from multiplayer sessions, and I always had the callsign [ugly] Nirvi.

Maybe I shouldn't use things like [ or | in the callsign?

If is the only time I don't know... If happens regularly I suggest to give a try removing the pipe.

Please let me know what happens.

Have a great day,

1.jpg

12 hours ago, Ansirial said:

Hi Sgray,

Others find the same problem, I find it and I fixed it but I was unable to try for you, would you please check or send my the link of your squadron?

Homepage is working again. I have a pilot testing to submit a log to ensure that is working as well.

vCAPT Scott "LoVis" Gray

Chief of Naval Personnel

Virtual United States Navy - VUSN

vusn.org

On 4/10/2023 at 2:54 PM, Ansirial said:

If is the only time I don't know... If happens regularly I suggest to give a try removing the pipe.

Please let me know what happens.

Have a great day,

I think I found the solution:

The empty Callsign is due to restricted data export settings from the multiplayer server. 

export_options.png

Do you still have plans to add bailout/ejections to the logbook? 

Edited by Nirvi

• 5 weeks later...
On 4/10/2023 at 5:49 AM, Ansirial said:

Hi Sgray,

Hey I am having the same problem with my squadron. Any chance you could try fixing it for us? Thank you!
http://logbook.ansirial.it/VirtualSquadron/332

Note: Seemed to happen after a friend tried adding their pilot character to the squadron

Edited by pantasauras
Updating info

Hi everybody!

Today I'm very proud to present a huge update.

After a couple of years of analysis, from today is finally available the first version of the automated awards and ranks system.

Reading missions outcomes loaded and determining effectiveness of your actions and risk you were exposed, you can be awarded with medal and promoted on the base of realistic criteria.

Each criteria is developed from real manuals and cases with a seamless integration with typical missions outcomes of the logbook community.

Specific metrics are deducted for valor, achievements and service. Also all accurate dates of availability of the awards are reproduced, with the differences between branches.   

The algorithm is based on few years of data in order to give a balanced experience and can be enabled and disabled as you wish.

At the moment this is available only for US Armed Forces, hope you enjoy and please let me know any feedback. 

I really hope this feature could help to improve the immersion in the whole simulation in a field where ingame feature is still quite poor.

Also in this release you can find a couple of other interesting features:

• Added loading animations where was needed;
  • Added the infinity scroll to the character home with a huge impact in loading times;
  • Also a lot of minor optimizations in order to improve loading times.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1.jpg