[BUG] AI Tomcats spawn with wings extended

Reflected

...and therefore they are stuck right at the ramp, can't taxi to the cat because they are blocking each other. When it's the player + 1 ai, the player spawns properly and the AI with their wings extended. I really, really want to see the day when AI Tomcats can properly operate from the Stennis :(

Screen-200417-174744.png

Screen-200417-174933.png

Edited by IronMike

my workaround is to ensure wings are in oversweep. go to external view and taxi by looking from above. you can go nws hard right, forward a few feet, then nws left and get around the tomcat with wings extended. yeah i know its not real, but it is possible to salvage this until it is fixed. ymmv

I picked the wrong time to run through the campaign for the first time! This bug is annoying but I have found a couple workarounds. One is to keep wings swept and turn hard as soon as I can move. Then moving away at an angle. Before I get too far the AI starts taxiing and makes more separation for me to move. Or, I can order the AI to go to route, and he’ll start taxiing in his own and then I can move.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

I picked the wrong time to run through the campaign for the first time! This bug is annoying but I have found a couple workarounds. One is to keep wings swept and turn hard as soon as I can move. Then moving away at an angle. Before I get too far the AI starts taxiing and makes more separation for me to move. Or, I can order the AI to go to route, and he’ll start taxiing in his own and then I can move.

But if you have a flight of AIs only, then it win't work...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
:( at least they seem to take off now...

No, they don't if they are "UNCONTROLLED" AI. See mission file:

F-18-Training_SC.miz

OB 2.5.6.52437

If I replace them by F-18, the F-18s take-off as intended.

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Thank you, tracked.

Hi, sorry if this has been mentioned before, I didn't see it in this thread.

When the pilot gets into the F-14 and gets a human RIO into the RIO pit, the wings are not synced to the RIO (ie. he sees them fully extended). This causes problems with other players parked next to you, as (presumably) the RIO's client will report damage to the other aircraft which then tends to explode. Often your own aircraft is damaged in the process as well. In addition, when stuff does get synced, the wings move to the correct aft position, instead of "popping" into the correct state. That can also hit other airplanes, even if you weren't initially in contact with them.

We've only found ugly workarounds for it so far. My question is, could the "default state" of the F-14 be set to wings swept back? That would solve the problem, I believe.

Edited by Slant

http://www.csg-2.net/ | i7 7700k - NVIDIA 1080 - 32GB RAM | BKR!