Multiplayer Server list takes FOREVER to load.

Mezsh

I'm running the latest Open Beta. Since the latest patch, when I click on the "Multiplayer menu" it takes 3-5 minutes for the server list to load. It used to take 3 or 4 seconds until the latest patch. I actually had time to go outside, have a cigarette, come back in and it was still searching... anyone else experiencing this?

Same here, but after it does load I can't get into any servers, DCS just times out and hangs! I tried direct by IP and same thing, just never completes loading.

Edited by Victor3

Aorus Z370 Ultra Gaming WiFi MB | i7-8700k @ 4.9 GHz | EVGA GTX 1070 Ti | 32 GB CORSAIR Vengeance 3000 MHz DDR4 Ram | Corsair H100 Pro Cooler | RaidMax TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD |TM Warthog Hotas w/ F/A-18 Hornet grip | Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | Oculus Rift S

DCS | AV8B | F18C | F-16C | A10C | Mig 29 | F15 | SA-342 | Huey | Persian Gulf | NTTR | Combined Arms

Same here. The only way to get into a MP server for me is to remember the IP of the server and connect via "direct IP connection". No chance to wait for the list.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, F5E, Gazelle, KA 50, F18C, DCS 2.5x OB

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
Posted (edited)

Same here today...

I don't understand why "Favorites Only" doesn't try the favourite servers first. I can use Connect by IP, but only to a single server (I guess the last one), instead of choosing from my favourites. Now the list loading doesn't allow me to do anything. Is the problem on my end? Perhaps - or perhaps somewhere in between (more likely)... but even if the problem is not on ED's end, the design is lacking, especially when I want to focus on my favorite servers only.

BTW: This may be connected to much longer authorization I've been encountering the last day or two, but I don't know.

Edited by virgo47

✈️ L-39, F-5E, F/A-18C, MiG-15, F-86F, C-101, FC3 🛩️ Yak-52, P-47, Spitfire 🚁 UH-1H, Ka-50 III 🗺️ NTTR, PG, SY, Chnl, Norm2 📦 Supercarrier, NS430, WWII 🕹️ VKB STECS+Gladiator/Kosmosima+TPR 
▶️ DCS Unscripted YouTube
🐛 "Favourite" bugs: 1) gates not growing regress, 2) L-39 target size cockpit animation regress, 3) Yak-52 toggles not toggling, 4) all Caucasus ATC bugs

I was on multiplayer today and I checked favorites and my list loaded ok , I think I have about eight servers . No problem joining. 

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

Route problem. the ports are different even when friends that are "neighbors" and intl' friends.

They usually send me the server ip and we've gotta test the last 2 digits on end of the port.

IE: "server.ip.here:103xx" , or the list takes forever to load, even having favorites, the servers with the correct ip won't connect if the list is not loaded, you have to refresh multiple times, My NAT TYPE is fine, i play on other games and different servers without issues, the speed is also fast for both download and upload. 

The friends i have also have the same isp and they connect just fine.
This problem needs to be investigated further, since this problem is random.

I've always had this problem even when moving and having different isps over those years.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KoN said:

I was on multiplayer today and I checked favorites and my list loaded ok , I think I have about eight servers . No problem joining. 

Mostly, the list loads OK for me as well. But when it doesn't, I can't easily access the favourites, it simply doesn't show until it goes over its problems with loading the list.

What I suggest is, besides somehow not getting stuck on the list itself (but that can get complicated as any network stuff can), offer the favourites either separately, or in the current list, if checked, simply prioritize and check those first. They must be somehow remembered on my end anyway, why not use that for more than filtering the final list? Why not just load those? (Or perhaps load first and then the rest on the background, so we can toggle it later.)

✈️ L-39, F-5E, F/A-18C, MiG-15, F-86F, C-101, FC3 🛩️ Yak-52, P-47, Spitfire 🚁 UH-1H, Ka-50 III 🗺️ NTTR, PG, SY, Chnl, Norm2 📦 Supercarrier, NS430, WWII 🕹️ VKB STECS+Gladiator/Kosmosima+TPR 
▶️ DCS Unscripted YouTube
🐛 "Favourite" bugs: 1) gates not growing regress, 2) L-39 target size cockpit animation regress, 3) Yak-52 toggles not toggling, 4) all Caucasus ATC bugs