Aircraft carriers

SA-2’s

Shilkas And AAA

MiG 15, 17, 19, and 21’s

F-4, F-8, A-4’s

And a dedicated detailed A-6 intruder.

Iron Hand

Suspected truck parks

The fanciest, whiz bang missile we would have would be the sparrow and that would hardly ever work.

Landing on an aircraft carrier would actually be a challenge.

A lot of the work has already been done because we have some of these airplanes.

Sounds like about 10 years worth of development work.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

1960’s man....

Aircraft carriers

SA-2’s

Shilkas And AAA

MiG 15, 17, 19, and 21’s

F-4, F-8, A-4’s

Iron Hand

Suspected truck parks

The fanciest, whiz bang missile we would have would be the sparrow and that would hardly ever work.

A lot of the work has already been done because we have some of these airplanes.

I concur. Probably the most anticipated area I'd like to see ED focus on. +1 to steam gauges, early radar and the relative infancy of missile technology.

TI-84 graphics calculator (overclocked) 24 KB RAM

1960’s man....

Aircraft carriers

SA-2’s

Shilkas And AAA

MiG 15, 17, 19, and 21’s

F-4, F-8, A-4’s

Iron Hand

Suspected truck parks

Totally agree. That would be awesome sauce!

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

No ED need to make the maps they currently have (esp Persian Gulf) work for ground AI and the modules that they already have out finished.

But prior to all that they need to address the numerous memory leaks crashes and instability that is 2.5.6. It amazed me people are asking for new maps or modules given the current state of the game, even people chasing new cloud effects lol it makes me laugh given the priority should be on synchronisation of environment first, i.e p ayer a and b see the same environment (clouds are drawn client side)

Time for a reality check - best thing ED could do is release nothing new ( including the supercarrier and yes i've pre-ordered it ) in order to expedite what they have already released to a working and stable state.

Edited by Hawkeye_UK

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

No ED need to make the maps they currently have (esp Persian Gulf) work for ground AI and the modules that they already have out finished.

But prior to all that they need to address the numerous memory leaks crashes and instability that is 2.5.6. It amazed me people are asking for new maps or modules given the current state of the game, even people chasing new cloud effects lol it makes me laugh given the priority should be on synchronisation of environment first, i.e p ayer a and b see the same environment (clouds are drawn client side)

Time for a reality check - best thing ED could do is release nothing new ( including the supercarrier and yes i've pre-ordered it ) in order to expedite what they have already released to a working and stable state.

And how do you propose the staff of what did they say it was, 125 people or so get paid while there's no money coming in from modules and/or maps?

And how do you propose the staff of what did they say it was, 125 people or so get paid while there's no money coming in from modules and/or maps?

I was going to bring up this same exact reality check. But you put into better words. Thank you.

In reality, I would like to assume that not all 125 ED people are working on fixing the problems ;)

So yes, it is most likely possible that ED have "departments" such modeling, core coding, troubleshooting, research, map maker, etc. I doubt the guy doing 3D meshing is of a great value for the "cloud" department or the core coding so let him work his magic on new airplanes, maps or whatever while the other guys/girls pull their hair off trying to figure out why it is not working as it should... but hey, it is just my 0.02cents...

My systems:

Windows 10 64 bits

I7-8700k

32.0 GB RAM

500Gb SSD

Asus ROG 2080ti

HP Reverb

Windows 10 64 bits

I7-6820HQ CPU @ 2.70Ghz

32.0 GB RAM

500Gb SSD

Nvidia Quadro M4000M

TrackIR 5

A Vietnam Map

Yes! What a "Great" addition. A map of North and South Vietnam with pertinent portions of Cambodia, Laos, and Thailand and of course the Gulf of Tonkin would be a fantastic scenario.

So much historically could be simulated and with a good start already on pertinent modules this looks doable although it would definitely be a super major project.

I fully support the development.

Sincerely,

Skyspin

I5-4670K 4.3GHZ / 32GB DDR3 / EVGA 1080TI /HP Reverb G2 / ASUS Z-97A / SAMSUNG 500 GB SSD /Thrustmaster Warthog / RAZER Tartarus / CORSAIR Void Pro Wireless/  WIN 10

Wouldn't we need some Vietnam era planes first?

Where does this idea we don't have Vietnam era planes come from?

We have the F-5E which was used by the South Vietnamese air force starting in 1972 and as a matter of fact, probably is the exact same sub model used by the South Vietnamese since some surviving examples that managed to escape were reintegrated into the US Navy as aggressor aircraft.

We have the Mig-21bis, which while not the exact same version as the Mig-21MF used by the NVA, looks similar on the outside and the cockpit is very similar as well.

We have the UH-1H, also used in Vietnam.

We have the Mi-8, also used in Vietnam.

We know the F-4E, F-8J, A-7E and Mig-19S are coming. We have the F-14A coming soon, even though it saw limited service in the war.

You act like there's nothing at all.

I know all of the aircraft wont be the exact same sub models with the exact same equipment used during the war, but we will have at least 3 that will be. Those should be the F-5E, F-8J and Mig-19S.

Don't get it twisted, I would like there to be the exact same versions with the same equipment for every aircraft used in the war, but I don't think that's a realistic expectation considering most peoples experience with DCS so far.

Edited by Ikaros