Forming pit building group in CA for BS

rocketeer

No not yeat. I have bin building a new PC part by part. here is where I am now on it. Whin DCS comes out with multy core support I will upgrade to the Phenom x3/x4

ASUS M3N-HD/HDMI motherboard

RAM 3gb DDR2 6400

CPU AMD 64 athlon X2 6400 black edition 125W

X-Fi gamer

Logiteck G15 keyboard MX518 mouse, webcam

DVD 16X SATA

on my list to buy.

HD WD 500gb 7200rpm SATA

PSU antec true power 850W/1000W

GPU 2 x alphadog XXX 8800GT in SLI $$$$$$

Windows XP pro 64

Wish list after that.

Finish my pit!!!!

buy DCS/BS :thumbsup:

2x 19"WS LCD

TH2G

5.1 speakers (have 4.1 now)

Shuld be another month befor I finish gathering the parts.

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still alive as well but my progress has been slow. Nothing started on the pit yet but I did start my first electronics tester project and at about 50% complete and working things are looking good. I swear I post pics of it at sometime, its a small potatoes project but I took apart an old logitech wingman extreme joy and re-wired new buttons to it and mounted it in a box. I only have about 7 of the 15 possible buttons and I gotta get 4 pots to use as trim knobs. But that really built my confidence to start another bigger project.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I'm very interested in what's happening with pitbuilding for BS. My site is here - http://pitblog.radsy.com - and it's set up currently for FSX and F4AF. I would seriously recommend starting from the Akers-Barnes Cockpit plans if you're starting out, it is wonderfully modifiable and portable.

Has there been a keymap and/or panel map released for BS so we can start planning what switches and buttons we need? It looks to me like the MFD on the right has 5 buttons along the bottom and 2 single-axis rotaries, is that correct?

On the keyboard encoders, I'd definitely recommend the BetaInnovations stuff, it's the best on the market I reckon.

yoke_sm.jpg

Cheers rup

Edited by ruprecht
added pic

DCS Wishlist: | Navy F-14 | Navy F/A-18 | AH-6 | Navy A-6 | Official Navy A-4 | Carrier Ops | Dynamic Campaign | Marine AH-1 |

Streaming DCS sometimes:

SU-27 Pit Akers Barnes MOD..

Hi guys, I'm very interested in what's happening with pitbuilding for BS. My site is here - http://pitblog.radsy.com - and it's set up currently for FSX and F4AF. I would seriously recommend starting from the Akers-Barnes Cockpit plans if you're starting out, it is wonderfully modifiable and portable.

Has there been a keymap and/or panel map released for BS so we can start planning what switches and buttons we need? It looks to me like the MFD on the right has 5 buttons along the bottom and 2 single-axis rotaries, is that correct?

On the keyboard encoders, I'd definitely recommend the BetaInnovations stuff, it's the best on the market I reckon.

yoke_sm.jpg

Cheers rup

Good to finally see you here Rup! I have been following your blog since I found a link on SimHQ I think. And that was AGES ago..!

I completely agree with you on the Akers Barnes Pit thoughts..

An example is a pit idea I brainstormed together with Specnaz from 3rd Wing about. It CAN be made simple and yet look both authentic and good:

169437532_Base_ens3D.jpg.bd9c6f56885cf6467533878263edcdc6.jpg

I think the CAD drawings I have is was made by Specnaz, but I might be wrong...

As far as the Ka-50 goes It must be possible to do something in the same genre? Ideas guys?

"But (504)Brewber said they were'nt friendly.. So I took'em out.!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have been following your blog since I found a link on SimHQ I think. And that was AGES ago..!

Goodness, I had better update it more often!

The design there looks pretty good trigger! IMHO CAD is all very well and I have used it often myself, but I'd also recommend having a look at balsa and artboard. It is a very easy and tactile way of figuring out dimensions (especially for non-standard projects and modifications) and for those who are toying with the idea, can even be used to demonstrate to significant others how easily it can be disassembled :)

fitted_mod_sm_notes.jpg

DCS Wishlist: | Navy F-14 | Navy F/A-18 | AH-6 | Navy A-6 | Official Navy A-4 | Carrier Ops | Dynamic Campaign | Marine AH-1 |

Streaming DCS sometimes:

who have the clear ka50 home cockpit plans???

Galimex, I think the point is that such plans do not exist, and the folks in this thread are discussing how such a pit should be built.

For the person who asked about building a collective, I have started with an X45, you can see the idea here: http://pitblog.radsy.com/archives/00000147.htm

I'd also recommend to all interested in a BS cockpit to check out ViperPit and Hovercontrol, both very active pitbuilding resources. Between the pitbuilding knowledge at ViperPit, and the helo knowledge at Hovercontrol, you'll have everything you need. :thumbup:

Streaming DCS sometimes:

Oh wow! I knew there were all these Falcon pit nerds running around but I didn't know there was a community for chopper heads as well at hovercontrol :) Those collectives and cyclics look so good and the range of motion with a real cyclic seems something to dream about :)

Me being a complete idiot when it comes to anything mechanical, I was wondering if there was any commercial products to even consider about? Or maybe an "idiots guide to cyclic building" type of videos :)

• Like 1

Ok I gust bought some more switchs and rotery switchs So I will start on the pit agin. My next pannel is the weapons on the dash behind the stick.

Where can I buy some Control knobs for the rotery switchs?

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok it's ben a wile since my last update. My PC is mostly dun. and I am back to working on my pit. I went to start on my wepons pannle and found that I did not transfer my back drops for all my pannels. Some how I deleted thim all and have to start over. So here is the weapons pannle with switchs instaled. Still missing some things.

My switch count is up to 97 now (not including roterys/pots). I am thinking of going to the KE-USB108 from Hagstrom. has more of what I need on it and with my new mother board having 8+ USB2.0 ports I have plenty of room for it.

WEPS%20pannle.JPG

Hey first timer here :) Just want to say that I cant wait to see how this sims gonna be, Im a trully Rotorhead, and really happy to see thats there is a good sim on its way.

and my big dream is building a cockpit, and now I see that there is great support for pitbuilders from DCS.

but there is a problem, cant find anything on the cockpit specs of the KA-50, just want to know if, DCS can help with the dimensions of the cockpit and its panels? or is it a bad idea?

Nuka

Between the pitbuilding knowledge at ViperPit, and the helo knowledge at Hovercontrol, you'll have everything you need. :thumbup:

I'd also add the good folks over at mycockpit.org and the guru of instrument building, Mr Powell at MikesFlightDeck.com .

• Like 1

Streaming DCS sometimes:

Where in the bay area you guys are?

I live in the vally in galt near ElkGrove south of Sac. Rocketeere lives in Hayword some wheres about.

Stephy welcom to the forum. If you have any questions pleas ask. We will do our best to help you.

The first thing you need to ask your self is how much you want to spend on your pit. I am already up to if not past $500 in construction cost. and only about half dun. Check out what Trigerhappy is doing in the Tech section. He is going above what I would call a cazy pit builder. It's alot to go threw but worth every page to read.

• Like 1

Dont forget me, I'm still alive just been quiet. I think I mentioned before that my little sister was in a car accident so my time lately has been spent visiting in the hospital, rather than on pitbuilding or planning. Great to see some new faces in nor cal though. Hope to actually meet some of you at some point, Cat is the closest gotta get you over to the house for beer and brainstorming!

Sweet Beer :beer::drunk::idea: I just Won on Ebay a 8.4" TFT screan to be used as my Shkval screan. Now that a second screan as the Shkval is suported. O so sweet. Now I just have to hope that it works whin it gets here. :noexpression:

• 2 weeks later...

Sweet deal on the purchase, I havent really been working on many new things but I have been working on what I have:

http://www.simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2565874#Post2565874

Re-incarnated at best but my little joystick project is coming along just need two more mom on/off/on switches and four pots to finish. I've been having a tough time reading the ohm resistance on the pots though.

Thinking about rewiring a usb keyboard into a board of push buttons like the red ones in my joystick project. Should be fairly Simple, yeah right......

• 2 weeks later...

OK here is a update. The TFT tuch screan I got on Ebay IS broke. So I opend it up and found that the on/off micro switch has ben broken off the board. I just need to get the right parts and huck it up. And find some one that has the right conections to test it for me. If it works it is a score for me at $48. So the question goes out where shuld I mount it. If I am right DCS only suports a second screen for the shkval. If they suport the ABRIS as well then I have to choose witch one to use.

Here are some pices to help you.

KA50%20pit003.JPG

KA50%20pit001.JPG

KA50%20pit005.JPG

KA50%20pit004.JPG

I had gone through this thread a couple months back, and again now, very good to see you guys working hard -inspirational in fact. Unfortunately my situation prevents me from building a pit at this time. (RL priorities such as baby due in a few days, also working much overtime!!)

@ Cat_101st: I like the look of your pit, and if you wanted my suggestion of what to do with your touchscreen, I would say use the TFT for your Abris moving map; hopefully its supported.

We've learned the Schval IS supported, so you should be able to pick up a 10"-13" CRT for the schval, (i saw some on ebay for ~ $20-40), I think it would look very authentic in this case.

Of course, I've got no pitbuilding experience myself, just dreams....but if I was planning one, that would be my suggestion. I hope you dont take offense to my very uninformed view!

Again, you guys are doing a great job!