Sensor of Interest (SOI) newbie question

bofhlusr

Pressing the keyboard shortcut 'u' makes the HUD the SOI and places an asterisk on the left side. For me, the asterisk is always there even if the HUD is not the SOI. Why is that?

Also, when the MFCD is the SOI there is supposed to be a frame or a container box on the inside of the MFCD screen. I don't that either (after pressing the shortcut letters 'h' or 'k'). Any ideas why the frames would not show up? Thanks.

Win Pro 10, A-10c (rarely used, but started with Falcon AT!), P3D v4 (100+ add-ons mostly ORBX), i7-8700k, 16 GB 3200 Mhz RAM, Gigabyte Z370M DS3H, Corsair water cooler, EVGA SuperNOVA Gold 650W, PNY GTX 1070ti, Dell 27" G-sync monitor, Logitech 3D Pro, NVMe OS drive, TB's of free space on SSD.

HUD

Pressing the keyboard shortcut 'u' makes the HUD the SOI and places an asterisk on the left side. For me, the asterisk is always there even if the HUD is not the SOI. Why is that?

Also, when the MFCD is the SOI there is supposed to be a frame or a container box on the inside of the MFCD screen. I don't that either (after pressing the shortcut letters 'h' or 'k'). Any ideas why the frames would not show up? Thanks.

Maybe this will help

It's not. If the HUD is not SOI, the asterisk is not there. That means, you actually never removed SOI from the HUD so far ;)

Because you never actually have made the MFD the SOI. To do so you first need to select a page that can be SOI (TAD, TGP, MAV) and then hold down 'h' or 'k' for 1-2 seconds. Now the green frame should appear and the asterisk should disappear from the HUD.

Keep in mind that if you're using the TGP or MAV pages, the TGP or Mavericks need to be activated in order to be able to make them SOI. The TAD on the other hand can always become the SOI.

Edit: I recommend to take a look at pages 87 to 92 in the official manual. It explains the different HOTAS functions quite well. I attached a picture from the manual for the Coolie Switch functions.

SOI.PNG.4aca0411282c831f4a2afeef7814ddd9.PNG

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg