Hurrah!!!!

Greyman

+1 - will get around to breaking out some of the recent discussions later this evening :thumbup:

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

It might be worth checking what Hollywood wants to do for himself, but I wouldn't think he would have a problem.

A FAQ might be a good place to start, for things like deleting export.lua and ticking the OB box.

An AIRIO and/or Chatter sub-forum might be useful too, if there is an option to create them.

Great to see !

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

It might be worth checking what Hollywood wants to do for himself, but I wouldn't think he would have a problem.

A FAQ might be a good place to start, for things like deleting export.lua and ticking the OB box.

An AIRIO and/or Chatter sub-forum might be useful too, if there is an option to create them.

I have been working with Hollywood to get this sorted so we are all good:thumbup:

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Thanks a lot guys

Everyone of course feel free to fire up threads on relevant subtopics where needed.

I'll probably launch or one or two myself but need to give it a bit of thought first.

Like @greyman I'm thinking one thread about all things AIRIO specifically may be good, also a FAQ one.

Perhaps also one specifically on install snags and troubleshooting could be helpful.

Let me have a think and stay tuned, in the meantime fire away :)

Grtz

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Maybe a thread for custom daisy-chained profiles that other users might find useful?

Good job and grats on the sub-forum @Hollywood_315 and @hornblower793.

EDIT: oh and can one of the FAQs be a lesson in how to spell VAICOM? ;p

This is super news. Will look forward to seeing how it develops!

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

I can play DCS without this software, but why would I? I was already using voice command software before I got VAICOM and had it programmed adequately to permit all of the comms I normally used. But the ability to suppress the pilot voice and text are pretty cool as well as the way the inteface can mix with the controls for the different types of radios and intercoms. AIRIO is the icing on the cake. I wouldn't want to fly the F-14 without being able to talk to my RIO.

There have been numerous problems that have popped up each time DCS is patched and the single thread almost always had the answer I needed, but sometimes it was buried in with all the questions/comments. So, this subforum is really nice to have!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:thumbup:

Great to see the new dedicated forum!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I can play DCS without this software, but why would I? I was already using voice command software before I got VAICOM and had it programmed adequately to permit all of the comms I normally used. But the ability to suppress the pilot voice and text are pretty cool as well as the way the inteface can mix with the controls for the different types of radios and intercoms. AIRIO is the icing on the cake. I wouldn't want to fly the F-14 without being able to talk to my RIO.

There have been numerous problems that have popped up each time DCS is patched and the single thread almost always had the answer I needed, but sometimes it was buried in with all the questions/comments. So, this subforum is really nice to have!

+1

As a real world pilot (civilian) and an avid flight simmer and user of VR, I concur!

Vaicom Pro is a dream come true. Sooo much better and more realistic interaction compared to the menu systems.

Thanks again Hollywood and your team for an incredible job.

~Redtail~

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

+1

As a real world pilot (civilian) and an avid flight simmer and user of VR, I concur!

Vaicom Pro is a dream come true. Sooo much better and more realistic interaction compared to the menu systems.

Thanks again Hollywood and your team for an incredible job.

I think it is just Hollywood - the rest of us are just users keen to help others get the most out of this fantastic software:D

• 2 years later...

It's a  real shame I never got to use it - bought it and the add-on bits (in addition to other paid VA add-ons for other games) and have never been able to get Voice Attack to react to my vocal instructions. Never had issues with any other voice control progs (been using them since late XP) but this one just doesn't like me. I had grade 5 in army voice procedure, too. That's the top, btw, not 5th step down! 😆

I did have a few discussions with the VA devs, but nothing worked. Frustrating.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

4 hours ago, Johnny Dioxin said:

It's a  real shame I never got to use it - bought it and the add-on bits (in addition to other paid VA add-ons for other games) and have never been able to get Voice Attack to react to my vocal instructions. Never had issues with any other voice control progs (been using them since late XP) but this one just doesn't like me. I had grade 5 in army voice procedure, too. That's the top, btw, not 5th step down! 😆

I did have a few discussions with the VA devs, but nothing worked. Frustrating.

Would you like to try again? 

Well crap saw the thread title and thought maybe @Hollywood_315 had been found, then realized it was a +2 year old thread bummer.

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

17 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Would you like to try again? 

Unfortunately I am unable to fly military aircraft these days. I am confined to flying Cessnas and the like in another sim, where everything is right in front of me. I only fly in VR and with ankylosing spondylitis twisting in place is almost impossible and quite painful. Sometimes I think it may have been better if I hadn't tried flying in VR! Have the same issues with TrackIR now, too and just can't fly without one of the two - just feels so restrictive, as though I'm in a flying tank, battened down...

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

3 hours ago, Johnny Dioxin said:

Unfortunately I am unable to fly military aircraft these days. I am confined to flying Cessnas and the like in another sim, where everything is right in front of me. I only fly in VR and with ankylosing spondylitis twisting in place is almost impossible and quite painful. Sometimes I think it may have been better if I hadn't tried flying in VR! Have the same issues with TrackIR now, too and just can't fly without one of the two - just feels so restrictive, as though I'm in a flying tank, battened down...

Have you had a look at the Necksafer Thread for VR?

• Like 1

Don B

Thanks for the link - however, this is not an option for me either, due to making me feel dizzy/nauseous. It was the first thing I though of, as I had read an article on using VR like trackIR, where the movement is multiplied and thus head movement minimised - but my brain/inner gyroscope just didn't like it at all.

I don't only have AS, so it's unfortunately not just a case of finding something that "fits" that scenario. Even my meds often make me lose my balance, which isn't difficult given that half of my legs are permanently numb. I know that's when I'm on my feet, but it starts affecting your whole sense of balance. My short-term memory has become a shambles and though I can read manuals without issue (just on second read through of the current F-16C manual) applying it in the VC has become a bit of a problem, mostly due to the memory thing (so even without AS it would be problematic).

Basically, I'm stuffed, but still smiling! 🙂

I haven't given up yet, though - you never know what may come in future and I do have very good phases.

Cheers

Edited by Johnny Dioxin
  • Like 1

Kneeboard Guides

20 hours ago, Johnny Dioxin said:

Ah! That's too bad. Hope you getter better. Just shout out if somehow you get back to it and need help for VA/VAICOM! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'm going to try giving the FC3 planes a go - I don't need to reach around for controls in those (just need to remember the billion assignments!) so if that goes well, I'll give Vaicom another try - I never uninstalled it so should be ready to try (unless it needs updating).

• Like 1

Kneeboard Guides