Dynamic units of measurement

ResonantCard1

Hi, I've been flying the Harrier and other planes (mostly russian ones) recently, and having to change back and forth from a system of measurement (Metric) to the other (Imperial) for proper weight calculations (Sensitive thing in the case of the Harrier) is kind of a hassle. Could it be possible to have a "dynamic" option in the menu, that sets the measurement units of the loadout screen etc depending on the aircraft you are using? That way a plane that uses Metric would have the mass in the loadout screen listed in Kg, the distances, speeds and heights in the F10 map in km, km/h, and m, etc. It'd be more convenient, in my opinion.

• Like 2

Main: MiG-21bis, because pocket rockets are fun

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Hi, I've been flying the Harrier and other planes (mostly russian ones) recently, and having to change back and forth from a system of measurement (Metric) to the other (Imperial) for proper weight calculations (Sensitive thing in the case of the Harrier) is kind of a hassle. Could it be possible to have a "dynamic" option in the menu, that sets the measurement units of the loadout screen etc depending on the aircraft you are using? That way a plane that uses Metric would have the mass in the loadout screen listed in Kg, the distances, speeds and heights in the F10 map in km, km/h, and m, etc. It'd be more convenient, in my opinion.
+1

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

+2000. I started a similar thread in the wishlist recently about standardization of units. But having a simple select box that allows you to select your preference of units would be even better. For instance if you select "Imperial", then all parameters in game would be consistent (weight, altitude, wind speed, distance, target height, etc etc.

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

+1

I never really understood why we can change coordinate units on the fly, but not distance units.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

+99999999999999999

Plus the ability to change between magnetic heading and true heading for the ruler and unit heading.

Best option I see is to have a drop down list in the ME for speed, altitude, distance and mass. So you don't have to constantly go out of the mission editor, go into settings -> gameplay and change the units then go back and forth. Having this selection available in the mission editor would be so useful and having it selectable for each quantity would be incredible.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Yep

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

• 2 weeks later...

It will be awesome if we can switch not only format of coordinates, but also distance and height.

But please didn’t tie it to aircraft, as for GCI as example. LAlt-Y for coordinates LShift-Y for distance, height, speed, etc

Не лазить руками туда, куда не лезет голова © USSR_Rik

+99999999999999999

Plus the ability to change between magnetic heading and true heading for the ruler and unit heading.

That's not really possible because there's no true North or magnetic North in the game. What you are using in the game in grid system. Yes, you can apply magvar to a grid course but it doesn't make any sense.

Do not expect fairness.

The times of chivalry and fair competition are long gone.

That's not really possible because there's no true North or magnetic North in the game. What you are using in the game in grid system. Yes, you can apply magvar to a grid course but it doesn't make any sense.

:huh:

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 1 year later...

No reaction to this one for a year. Seems like a very simple thing to do. I'm tired of telling a player a BRA and hearing that he uses the other units. Then proceeding to incorrectly calculate that in my head and taking way too much time doing that. Not even talking about using distance/altitude units for things that require precision, like programming waypoints/targetpoints.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for necroposting but I've got another request on the topic. Make the unit/coordinate change a UI button on the map. This is only used on the map, so there is no need to make a general keybind or a keybind at all. UI is good, UI is easy, UI is fast