Did you know?

Discovered this one after 1 year of flying LO FC (omg)

It is said that daylight TV guided weapons are useless at night, that is not true...-

Did you know, that Su-25T can use TV guided weapons in total darkness? :smartass:

It's achieved by combining two types of weapons one of which is free fall bombs called "candle" or SAB-100 Illumination Bomb:

This 100 kg-caliber flare-bomb is used to illuminate a target area after dark. The dispensing container is released from an altitude of 1000 – 3000 m, after which illuminating flares are ejected in sequence. Each flare element is equipped with a parachute to decrease the rate of fall. The illumination time lasts 1 – 5 minutes, which is more than enough to deploy your "fire and forget" TV guided bombs or missiles. NOTE: You still need "Mercury" to get the "lock".

Got one of my flight mates confused, he left the server for a brief moment to change his weapons, was a night time mission and before he rejoined I deployed a few "candles" over the parking space, he came back ready for night and found day brightness with black sky... his reaction was funny, what da ** ..? :shocking:

Woohoo LO is full of surprises...

:pilotfly:

• Like 1

‎"Eagle Dynamics" - simulating human madness since 1991

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We could use a special place to share some tips with others, sort off smart ass corner :P

Discovered this one after 1 year of flying LO FC (omg)

It is said that daylight TV guided weapons are useless at night, that is not true...-

Did you know, that Su-25T can use TV guided weapons in total darkness?

Actually I use it for along time. Just make around floodlight. I think the mission is from =TuAF= Server-II.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core i7-6700K, @5GHz | Asus Maximus Hero VIII | 2 x eVGA GTX 970 SLI | Kingston Predator 16GB DDR4-3000Mhz | 2 x Samsung 850 PRO 240GB RAID-0 | AOC G2460PG G-SYNC LCD | OCULUS RIFT CV1 VR | THRUSTMASTER HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO PEDALS

Actually I use it for along time. Just make around floodlight. I think the mission is from =TuAF= Server-II.

I thought you were checking on the "lua" files, trying to find the solution for external view :D lol

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I thought you were checking on the "lua" files, trying to find the solution for external view :D lol

at weekend I'll be free and look for solution:joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core i7-6700K, @5GHz | Asus Maximus Hero VIII | 2 x eVGA GTX 970 SLI | Kingston Predator 16GB DDR4-3000Mhz | 2 x Samsung 850 PRO 240GB RAID-0 | AOC G2460PG G-SYNC LCD | OCULUS RIFT CV1 VR | THRUSTMASTER HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO PEDALS

The funny thing is when flying at night if you turn on the cockpit lights it will also illuminate all around you and see better the ground... I want the same bulbs for my inside car...

OMG, I'm so tempted ...:megalol:, but I rather not ...;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This tactic was actually used in LOCERF 07-3. A few Su-25t's had to hit bridges and buildings in the early morning hours. I flew over the target site and dropped the candle bombs. Several others ran in behind me and hit the targets with Kh-29s and Kh-25ML's.

I've got the track if you would like to see it.

The code is probaly in Russian anyway.

...could you describe what the bug looks like...

GG will have to confirm, but relatively sure that I'm in the Ball-Park here..........

2003-07-13-d50-fr15-bug-640.jpg

:D

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

If I do recall correctly: you have to load the pod for the night.

Since I always load the pod and I avoid flying during night I am not so sure.

Anyway I will try the candle tick sometime in the future :D.

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

If I do recall correctly: you have to load the pod for the night.

Since I always load the pod and I avoid flying during night I am not so sure.

Anyway I will try the candle tick sometime in the future :D.

You are right, You need "Mercury" night vision pod, thou TV guided weapons uses build in camera to lock on target, I tried to use "Shkval" camera, but found it too dark, "Mercury" is better to use in low light or poor visibility conditions, like dense fog etc.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Did you know?

Did You know that, Highest point in Europe is in LOMAC ! :smilewink:

Elbrus

18510 ft (5642 m)

Highest point in Europe .

Major Peaks: West Peak: 18510 ft (5642 m) East Peak: 18441 ft (5621 m)

Location: Western Caucasus, just north of Russia-Georgia border

Lat / Long: 43.3° N, 42.5° E

Every little makes it special place to be :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 years later...

Employing SAB 100 Illumination Bombs

Hi All,

To help flyers understand the SAB 100 Illumination bomb, its effects and employment I've created and posted two videos on YouTube. I posted the links on another thread here so you can find the links to the videos at the following thread:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=26072&highlight=SAB+100

Hope you find them helpful.

Semper Fi

AldoUSMC

Edited by AldoUSMC
added title

Semper Fi

AldoUSMC

Intel i7-6700 CPU @ 4 GHz, 32 GB Ram, GeForce GTX 980 Ti, Windows 10 Pro -64 Bit