[REPORTED]Stinger missing straight-flying afterburning target 4/5 tries...

Shadow KT

This has been a long standing issue with IR missiles and Helicopters in DCS.

They see and track the helicopter, but just do a last moment correction, which makes them miss....

This is most problematic in Airplanes vs Helicopters IR shots, but as seen here it is also prominent in SAM vs Helicopters shots as well.... where the background is the sky...

This even happens (sometimes) in airplanes vs airplanes, where a missile will just sail past its target, feet away from it....

No proximity fuze, even tho the test was done in Singleplayer

Oh and the Stinger MANPAD tone doesn't work in Multiplayer

eiqZJneg2fo

[ATTACH]220172[/ATTACH]

This might be a Stinger (although the Chapparel was missing as well) problem, but there has been a general, long standing issues with missiles shot at Helicopters (even radar ones).

I just had enough of this bs after firing 7 stingers and only 1 hitting, ( from 3 different MANPADS) at a Ka-50 (in MP) which was either hovering, not even knowing it was being shot at or it was flying in a straight line directly towards me (the MANPAD). Oh, and he survived the one hitting him.

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

• 7 months later...

[REPORTED]Stinger misses F-16s... (idle thrust)

see trackfile. Afaik Stinger seeker would still see heat of engine and hit F-16.

StingerMissingOnIdleThrust.trk

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• 2 weeks later...

[REPORTED]Stinger missing straight-flying afterburning target 4/5 tries...

It appears that either all DCS jets or at least two are affected (F-16 + JF-17)

Reproduced 4 times, missed 4 out of 5 times (target set to 0 flares...), see trackfiles in .zip: https://ufile.io/7k4se265

(here a video from a PvP multiplayer-session

)
Edited by DanielNL
DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Can confirm. They miss many many easy shots since months. A year ago all those shots hit their targets.

Stingers are an essential part of many servers involving Combined Arms, having them finally fixed would certianly help alot with gameplay.

image.png

.Impact;4395538']having them finally fixed would certianly help alot with gameplay.

and help getting more players to experience the awesomeness of multiplayer, whether thats PvP or PvE

You need to lock the target and get a good tone before firing.

BigNewy...... Stinger lock tone is bugged (not playing) in multiplayer since over 6 months already, did nobody report this bug yet?????? WOW

And you should know that you can't fire Stinger in DCS WITHOUT a tone, BigNewy....

• Like 1

• ED Team
BigNewy...... Stinger lock tone is bugged (not playing) in multiplayer since over 6 months already, did nobody report this bug yet?????? WOW

And you should know that you can't fire Stinger in DCS WITHOUT a tone, BigNewy....

I dont have this reported, is there a forum post we have overlooked anywhere, if so I am not seeing it.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

check your audio settings in dcs, the stinger lock tone will come out on the device you have selected for headphones.

Just tested seems to be working for me.

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I have GUI and Switches volumes at 0%. The lock tone bug was a multiplayer-only bug since the very beginning, BigNewy...

Can't find the bug report (idk if anyone ever reported it, but I'm not being paid for bugreporting anyways), but plenty of BlueFlag players know about the tone-bug. But let's pls not distract ourselves, current Stinger miss-rate is worrying.

• ED Team

Like I have said, the lock tone is working for me in MP.

Skip to 1:30 for lock tone

Edited by BIGNEWY

Like I have said, the lock tone is working for me in MP.

Maybe only bugged when trying to lock a player, or maybe only if CTLD script is used and the Stinger is deployed from a UAZ-469-jeep crate?

• ED Team
Maybe only bugged when trying to lock a player, or maybe only if CTLD script is used and the Stinger is deployed from a UAZ-469-jeep crate?

I will take a look at your tracks

• ED Team

I have reported the stinger miss issue.

the missile tone issue I can not reproduce

thanks

Alright. Did an hour of testing since this bug is incredible annoying.

In the last year, there was a change to the Stinger and Igla Seekerhead lua values.

After that change, most AI or player launched Manpad missiles on Multiplayer servers had a huge missrate on the most simplest shots.

Cm083bh.png

I did testing with stingers against AI hornets flying at 6500 ft overhead. Ai is set to not react to any threat, so no flares.

Singleplayer: 4 Shots, about 50% hitrate. The missing shots pass very close by the target, which is not maneuvering at all.

Multiplayer: 4 Shots, about 25% hitrate. The missing shots pass very close by the target, which is not maneuvering at all.

All the missing shots change course after passing trough the target.

Tracks and videos attached. And yes, I waited for the tone.

Singleplayer recording:

https://streamable.com/qjjp5r

Multiplayer recording against AI aircraft :

https://streamable.com/6xwy0d

This bug needs especially to be tested against other players on mp servers. There is a difference when testing this in singleplayer and multiplayer.

*edit:

Did AI vs AI tests at 2k, 5k, 7k, and 10k feet. with > 10 units

https://imgur.com/a/7Fjspu0

Above 5000ft they dont seem to hit at all, even with 2 shots.

SP 4 stingers 50 percent hitrate .trk

MP 4 stinger 25 percent hitrate.trk

Edited by [de].Impact

image.png

• ED Team

Thanks I have reported, the team will check it.

Good to see you are getting lock tones in MP also

thanks

• ED Team
.Impact;4395657']

Singleplayer recording:

https://streamable.com/qjjp5r

Multiplayer recording against AI aircraft :

https://streamable.com/6xwy0d

This bug needs especially to be tested against other players on mp servers. There is a difference when testing this in singleplayer and multiplayer.

*edit:

Did AI vs AI tests at 2k, 5k, 7k, and 10k feet. with > 10 units

https://imgur.com/a/7Fjspu0

Above 5000ft they dont seem to hit at all, even with 2 shots.

Thanks for your report!

We found issue with the hit calculating of missile’s collision with a target in some cases. We will correct it.

I highly recommend putting the commander in Stinger’s crew. The commander gives targeting. In addition, it is better to set the skill level to excellent. They will detect targets earlier and respond faster.

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

• 4 weeks later...

I've been doing a Combined Arms multiplayer session yesterday, and I can confirm that the Igla seeker tone acts the same: I can hear it in a solo session, but not at all in a multiplayer session.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• ED Team

Hi

I am not seeing anything wrong here, the missile does not have a proximity fuse so will only detonate on contact. I have tested the track a few times and I see anyway from 2 hits to 6 hits on different replays.

Make sure you are getting a good tone when locking with stingers, I will double check the MP sound, but last time I checked it was working for me

thank you

Edited by BIGNEWY

A bit of a thread revival as well as jacking.

Concerning my post, made quite some time ago.... the issue is, why is the missile not hitting ? In some cases it even actively dodges the helicopter (similar to an issue posted in another thread)

There is no "bad" locks in DCS, when it comes down to CA IR launchers, you either have a lock or you cannot fire a missile.

This is the optimal firing condition, no ground clutter, no maneuvering, no flares... why do these missiles miss ? Most of the time the missile doesn't even go for the heat source.

Having 2 missiles hit out of 15 is not normal. Vietnam era missiles had better statistics.

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days