Black Shark Engine 3D

Rikus

Haven't payed attention lately have we? :)

Later DCS modules will use new 3D graphics engine. Already in the works.

And trust me, there is heck of alot more to Black Shark than "just updated 2D trees".

Hi,

So, let me ask, where is the new 3D engine?? I payed attention well. I can't see it. Show me please.

• Like 1
mh59_banner.gif

To all,

Although we've gone over this about a dozen times, let me repeat it again.

Currently, DCS is running on ED's "old" engine ("TFCSE"). We have been clear about this from our original DCS announcement. While the engine has been significantly updated for Black Shark, ED is not stopping there. They are currently developing an entirely new game engine, which DCS will hopefully transition to. When - we don't know and will not estimate.

Given the specific requirements for the TFCSE engine and that it is much older, I don't think it's appropriate to compare it to other engines currently in development, especially for products in a different genre. I'm confident though, that ED's new engine will feature all of the contemporary technologies it would require. Then, you can compare apples to apples.

See Above

LMAO! Thats a dream for the next DCS buddy. ;) ED have enough to polish up already without doing a complete rework of the engine.

They do have a team of modders that has done a lot of good job on textures/terrain for Lock On FC! Why isn´t the RELOAD mod on the BS release? Thought they would have released BS with the new textures from the SIM-MOD team? I have watched some screens from russian players and I too see the same old 2003 Lock On FC graphics!?

Edited by Kaptein_Damli
  • Like 1

My moviemaking channel at YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/user/RobertDamli

How long was BS in development surely there was time to slip in the new engine? Dump the mickysoft DX crap and help us mac boys out, we're growing.

otlsg0.jpg

I like Macs as much as the next guy, and will probably buy one at somepoint in the future. But.... :music_whistling:

• Like 1

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

hahah for that price you can have 8 cores , 32gig of ram, not your 3gig or whatever windows xp really supports (the great ram swindle) and run it on your NVIDIA Quadro FX 5600 1.5GB if your really cashed up.

8.2% of the market and climbing :P

http://blogs.technet.com/seanearp/archive/2007/04/13/dude-where-s-my-ram-or-why-don-t-i-have-4gb.aspx

I like Macs as much as the next guy, and will probably buy one at somepoint in the future. But.... :music_whistling:

Hehe, sure don't hope so, since the Quadro FX 4600 is hardware-wise almost identical to the old 8800GTX.

And we all know there are much faster option out there, for a quarter of that price....

Sorry, could refuse to make a remark about.

IMHO, DCS:BS is already to taxing, how about a lighter engine? Guess I'll be playing Flanker 2.5 again... (see sig.) :D

MSI 870A-G54, AMD Phenom II X2 555 @Phenom II X4 B55 BE, 3.2 GHz quad-core, Asus EAH4870 DK/HTDI/512MD5, OCZ Gold Edition DDR3 1333MHz 4GB Kit Low-Voltage. Budget = Cheap = Good :D

hahah for that price you can have 8 cores , 32gig of ram, not your 3gig or whatever windows xp really supports (the great ram swindle) and run it on your NVIDIA Quadro FX 5600 1.5GB if your really cashed up.

http://blogs.technet.com/seanearp/archive/2007/04/13/dude-where-s-my-ram-or-why-don-t-i-have-4gb.aspx

I'm impressed.

A MAC-user who knows what RAM is? Wow. I thought the MAC is the stylish product between a Wii and a real PC!

But with the prices you got a bit mixed up, I fear. The hardware in a MAC usually costs double the price of the same hardware for a PC. ;)

The above link is a very good example, too. About people who don't know anything about a PC or OS. But not about the technical lacks of Windows. My XP and my Vista support 32Gig - you just got to decide on a little more than plastic-color when buying a real PC. :P

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Custom build PC's are the way to game, good hardware at a good price with no need to beg for compatibility in game forums, say no to laptop gaming :D , for 2k one deserves a better game experience than that of a laptop/notebook..

No need to beg for compatibility at all. With Bootcamp on Intel Mac's you can install Windows and run native windows software (including games) at NATIVE speeds. They don't need to release a Mac version of Black Shark...you can install it ON your mac ;). I'd suggest windows XP vs Vista...since they still haven't figured Vista out.

Off topic, but I'm a mac user by trade and the majority of people who buy mac's aren't really "gamers". Although that is more of an option these days with the upgraded Macbook Pro's and upcoming Power Macs with dual dedicated Video cards. (No I don't think Mac's are "BETTER" than PC's)

Lets play nice, it's not mac vs pc it's us vs that twit knocking the graphics engine of BS. :pilotfly:

If some people like to play their sim's at 5fps that's fine. I personally want a framerate no lower than 60fps and I'll tune the game to give me that. 3D trees...you know how many trees are in a forest over 300,000 sq km's? That's a large waste of processing power if you ask me.

Ground texture is also very difficult. High end commercial sims (the ones you can't buy) have a fairly minimal terrain texture. They're also running at 150fps because that is one of the most important things in a flight SIM. High frame rate is the best illusion for the sensation of flying and handling of an aircraft/helicopter.

Anyway that was long, sorry guys.

otlsg0.jpg

The Imac's are $1800...the $3999 is a custom built decked out Mac Pro which is for "professional use" such as Video Editors, 3D Animators or those working heavily in graphic design. And yes COD 4 is now out for mac ;)

If it's 32bits then you better rethink that :P

I'm impressed.

A MAC-user who knows what RAM is? Wow. I thought the MAC is the stylish product between a Wii and a real PC!

But with the prices you got a bit mixed up, I fear. The hardware in a MAC usually costs double the price of the same hardware for a PC. ;)

The above link is a very good example, too. About people who don't know anything about a PC or OS. But not about the technical lacks of Windows. My XP and my Vista support 32Gig - you just got to decide on a little more than plastic-color when buying a real PC. :P

Don't offend but that what you are talking is bullshit is most of cases.

How can they publish source code if copyrights have UBI? Well fanatics can make only better models, graphic textures ect but I don't believe they could do a game with less bugs or faster or omg "better simulator".... To do this is needed HUGE programming knownlegde and known about avionics, systems, physics. And most important - known from manufacturers - example Kamov, MiG, Sukhoi. I also regreat (very) ED isn't Microsoft which did FS series opened to modding wonderful graphics ect... but I know they are making what they can. Maybe some day we will see DCS like FS structure with amazing graphics and super perfrmance. But for now cases is what we see and we must accept that.

I will like to add, fsx looks good if you have super pc, and the flight models are not accurate and... they have a lot more money and resources than eagle.

People first complain about how flares (one) makes fps decrease but request at same time better graphics???

What would happen than??..would u complain how ED made game useless because nobody can run it on computer cuse u need very demanding comp(should i say, military simulator)

The fact is we here in our community come from all sides of the world some have more money some less, some can afford better hardware than others..unfortunately some people would be able to afford computers that can go over thousands of dollars but most wouldnt that is if u want real good graphics, real good behaviour, real good weapon deployment, real good code real good ALL...heheh utopia, thats i have to say.

First players should check what hardware they have now cpu u can push in bad made motherboard..u know and even u have 2.3/3.3 ghz cpu..ur overall computing power and expirience drops in comparison to good made mobo..all i want to say is there thousands of computers chunks made by companies chunks made by users bythemselfs and then gets sim game into all that..how can ED optimize game for all that???can u think off all factors that surrounds you when making simmilar project like ED do????

Only u can do is ctegorize levels of hrdwr and go from there and besides even this game runs dx8 i think game looks very god yea yea yea allways can go better but real q is what is it u guys wanna see..maybe put some real pictures of cocpits and such beside monitor in big format so u get immersed into it but this is VIDEOGAME.

Its not the flares that make the fps decrease...its the shader model used on the smoke trail and the animation that goes with it that decreases the fps. CPU intensive also comes to mind.

My rig can dump ALL the flares out and still not be bogged down fps-wise.

I just read this from the faq:

Q: Will DCS: Black Shark be Vista-compatible and take advantage of multi-core processors?

A: The initial release of DCS will use a heavily modified version of our TFCSE simulation engine that will run Windows XP SP2 and Vista equally well using either DirectX 9 or DirectX 10. However, DCS versions based on the TFCSE engine will not take advantage of DirectX 10 unique features or multi-core processors. We plan however to provide such features in our new simulation engine that is currently in development for later versions of DCS.

I dont get it. The DCS base product will ship with the KA50, later on expanded with new aircraft (and terrain?) packs and then transition the whole thing to a new graphics engine? sounds a bit complicated :noexpression: .

It does, doesnt it? I heard that BS was already on DX9. They are currently (?) upgrading or developing the new and improved TFCSE engine. Seeing some screenshots of other aircraft, Im certain the shadow bugs havent been ironed out yet because they still look pretty nasty to me.

Sometimes im asking myself what certain people would do without ED and their products.

What do you expect people who have pics of cartoon bimbos sporting buttons busting, fake jugs in their sigs to do? Oh, wait! They have that "thong thread". :megalol:

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

If it's 32bits then you better rethink that :P

I think you got the point! :thumbup:

There's no sense in comparing a 64bit based OS X to a 32bit Windows.

That people read from the advertising of Vistas improved memory management, that the 32bit version can now support 32Gigs of RAM as posted in the provided link has nothing to do with the OS, but with the lack of understanding of the mathematical and logical limitations of a 32bit system. :smilewink:

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD