[CAN NOT REPRODUCE] CCIP no longer accurate?

SlipHavoc

Since the last Open Beta update, DCS 2.5.6.53756 Open Beta 2020-08-18, I feel like the CCIP accuracy has gotten a lot worse. The bombs seem to be falling short most of the time, sometimes by quite a bit, and sometimes off to one side, even though the pipper is directly on the target. Dropping at higher altitude or shallower angle seems to make the problem worse, but it's not fully repeatable.

The attached track shows two passes. I dropped 4 bombs on my first pass, and the impacts got steadily closer to the pipper as I got lower during my run. On my second pass I dropped 2 bombs, both of which were very short of the target, and to the right. If you zoom in on the HUD and watch in slow motion (RAlt-Z), you can see the CCIP pipper almost directly on the target when the drop line blinks to indicate release.

The mission is one I threw together quickly in the editor, with all default weather and other settings (no wind). I also tested the CCIP in the Harrier and the A-10A, and it seems to be off for them as well in the same way, but I don't have tracks of those tests.

Thanks!

CCIP accuracy test F-18.trk

I can concur! Just flying Hornet and using CCIP/Mk82,Mk83. 90% missed the targets by 1-2 blast radius. Something is off now!? I hate it has not been improved, only getting worse with new updates.

Intel Core i7 9700k, MSI MEG Z390 ACE, 2 x 16GB HyperX DDR4 Fury, RTX 2080Ti, Corsair PSU RM750, Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus + SSD 860 EVO (DCS), NZXT CPU cooler Kraken X62, Fractal Design R6 black.

Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog, Thrustmaster F-18 HOTAS, RealSimulator FSDB-R3 Lighting, Sim Gears F-16 ICP LT, 3x Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR5, VoiceAttack+Vaicom PRO, DCS UFC app in Samsung 10" tablet.

• ED Team

I am not seeing an issue in my tests, I will have another test check.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
Is it possible to post the mission you are using for your test if not one of the stock missions?

I used the track above and took control. had no issues hitting targets.

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
Roger...I just have to figure out how to use the track file...never done that before. Thanks

Place the file in your track folder in Saved games DCS tracks folder,

then use the replay feature ingame and select the file.

you can watch the track replay or hit escape and take control.

hope that helps

Place the file in your track folder in Saved games DCS tracks folder,

then use the replay feature ingame and select the file.

you can watch the track replay or hit escape and take control.

hope that helps

Thanks...will try it later today.